Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,319,274 times

Advertisements

Well this is interesting.
Graham Hancock for years has said the Ark rested in Axum Ethiopia, protected by a sect of black Jews.

News conference 8am EST Roma tomorrow 6.26

link 1

link 2

Thoughts?

Last edited by mullman; 06-25-2009 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,319,274 times
bump.

So many Biblical scholars [apparent] here and not one has a comment?
So many here want to name the beast or Anti-Christ, yet an article finally could be revealed that could unite the three main faiths of the world, since all three believe the OT.

Is no one interested in Biblical history?
I have been glued to this since reading several books incl Hancock's.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
I am.

I need to dig into this.

So, for now

But while the old ark of the covenant is interesting, the new one is more interesting

Mary IS the new ark of the covenant.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
I saw this, would like to see the outcome, thanks for sharing and keep us posted!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,864 times
I would not put money on this story...

Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 PM

221 posts, read 379,784 times
Here's the ending to this story..........

The Catholic Key Blog: Ark of the Covenant Story was Bad Translating, Hype

This link explains the confusion.

I guess WND grabbed a story out of an Italian newspaper and then mistranslated what
the Patriarch really said. One thing led to another and Friday came for the unveiling and
nothing happened.

It was a misunderstanding. What I tell you? These human words they can get a guy
into so much trouble!

Forgive all these dudes. There really wasn't any harm done. Just got people to wake up
a bit.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,816 times
Okay... my thoughts.

They'll never find the original Ark of the Covenant. Why do I take this position? Because the Ark was used as the "house" for God. Remember, if anyone took off the top and looked in, they were struck dead. God "resided" in the Ark, that was its purpose... for God to dwell among the people.

Then the Ark was hidden, and lost.

However, Jesus came. God came down and walked among us. He provided the way for God to dwell in us. There is no longer a need for the Ark ... believers are each their own Ark, for they have the Holy Spirit with them.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:42 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Okay... my thoughts.

They'll never find the original Ark of the Covenant. Why do I take this position? Because the Ark was used as the "house" for God. Remember, if anyone took off the top and looked in, they were struck dead. God "resided" in the Ark, that was its purpose... for God to dwell among the people.

Then the Ark was hidden, and lost.

However, Jesus came. God came down and walked among us. He provided the way for God to dwell in us. There is no longer a need for the Ark ... believers are each their own Ark, for they have the Holy Spirit with them.

Hi Mams!

I see your point...and I agree with you that God no longer lives in "the ark". That's true. But...I don't see why that neccessarily means that there is "no longer a need" for the ark...

I think to finally recover the original ark of the covenant, wherever it may be, after all these long long centuries gone by, would be one of the greatest most wonderful discoveries of all time. I think there is a great need. I, for one, would be just totally awe-struck if I were able to actually gaze upon this object, JUST ONCE, before I die. I can imagine myself thinking "Father God...how did you ever manage to live in such a tiny little thing?....) I'd say the need thousands of years ago, and the need today, have changed.

Who among us, upon visiting a far-away land, and seeing a sign that said "come see, come tour the actual place where Almighty God used to live", would then say "no way...He's not there anymore, therefore I don't want to see it..."

Realistically, you may be right in that in may never be found. (that would be so dissappointing) It is really sad that so many of the ancient relics have been lost...

All just IMO, of course

Bud

Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 AM

720 posts, read 706,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Well this is interesting.
Graham Hancock for years has said the Ark rested in Axum Ethiopia, protected by a sect of black Jews.

News conference 8am EST Roma tomorrow 6.26

link 1

link 2

Thoughts?
I think he is probably correct. While extensively researching the Poor Knights of Christ, The Knights Templer and the Masons all of which are intertwined to King Solomon and the Ark of the Covenant, I have come across numerous connections and clues that the Ark in in Axum.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:49 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,864 times
all such stories are fake.....

all of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity