Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 AM

605 posts, read 1,107,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Born and raised in the Caribbean, St.Thomas United States Virgin Islands, we grew up listening to reggae music all our lives. Here is a group that loves the Lord just like any one else, giving praises to the Most High God. Worshiping Him in song and dance. Bless.

GodTube.com - ExpoLit - GodTube.com Interviews CHRISTAFARI, Gospel Raggae Band at Expolit 2008.

YouTube - Christafari - Listening

YouTube - valley of decision

Well isn't this interesting. Was born on that island too but raised in St. Kitts. On St. Thomas I lived in French Town as a kid but Bovoni during Junior and High School. Went to "Nazareth."

Oh, yeah I know about that group. Used to listen to them back in the day.

Regards,

DeGuire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:46 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Thank you soooo much, Betsey for this. I love Reggae Music and especially have been listening to Bob Marley's sons and I noticed all of the pics that they have of Haile Selassie up in their videos. It was very informative that to learn that he did not see himself in the way that his followers seems to see him and to know that he was believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope that Christafari will grow and continue to have strong influence. Thanks again and God bless.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Default Rock city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Well isn't this interesting. Was born on that island too but raised in St. Kitts. On St. Thomas I lived in French Town as a kid but Bovoni during Junior and High School. Went to "Nazareth."

Oh, yeah I know about that group. Used to listen to them back in the day.

Regards,

DeGuire
Well Hi to you too! I was born and raised in St. Thomas, went to Lockhart Elementary and Wayne Aspinall (now Addeltia Cancryn). Small world huh? My dad was born in St. Kitts also and mom in Santa Domingo. Grew up listening to the likes of Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Dennis Brown, and so forth.
Never followed rastafari, never had the inkling to praise, Selassie".
Always knew that Jesus Christ is the way, the only way. Like the message that they portray.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Well Hi to you too! I was born and raised in St. Thomas, went to Lockhart Elementary and Wayne Aspinall (now Addeltia Cancryn). Small world huh? My dad was born in St. Kitts also and mom in Santa Domingo. Grew up listening to the likes of Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Dennis Brown, and so forth.
Never followed rastafari, never had the inkling to praise, Selassie".
Always knew that Jesus Christ is the way, the only way. Like the message that they portray.

Hmm....So you were a town girl, huh? The fact that you call it Wayne Aspinall gives me an idea about your age. LOL

Where in St. Kitts was your dad from? Mine is from Molinueax near Cayon. As for your mom, that is certainly interesting. While none of my parents are from there, my grandfather and his siblings went over to the Domincan Republic in the 40s and had children down there so I have tons of cousins down there and I know at least one great aunt remained and died there. I''m preparing to do a documentary about that whole migration.

Oh, my mom is from Nevis.

Anyway I'm way off subject so I will pick this up with you behind the scenes, ok?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Hmm....So you were a town girl, huh? The fact that you call it Wayne Aspinall gives me an idea about your age. LOL

Where in St. Kitts was your dad from? Mine is from Molinueax near Cayon. As for your mom, that is certainly interesting. While none of my parents are from there, my grandfather and his siblings went over to the Domincan Republic in the 40s and had children down there so I have tons of cousins down there and I know at least one great aunt remained and died there. I''m preparing to do a documentary about that whole migration.

Oh, my mom is from Nevis.

Anyway I'm way off subject so I will pick this up with you behind the scenes, ok?
LOL, the fact that you know it use to be called Wayne Aspinall gives a clue to your age TOO!! By the way I'm 39 years old, nothing to hide! Dad from Sandy Point. Lived in Oswald Harris Court. Yes, off topic!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
LOL, the fact that you know it use to be called Wayne Aspinall gives a clue to your age TOO!! By the way I'm 39 years old, nothing to hide! Dad from Sandy Point. Lived in Oswald Harris Court. Yes, off topic!
Ok...

Old 01-05-2009, 01:59 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Thank you Betsy! I too, love gospel reggae...

Bud

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 AM

That's what it's all about, reaching the people for Christ Jesus, by any means necessary! Different strokes for different folks. Jesus Christ being the only way!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 AM

Don't say we unbelievers are not generous. Here's one for all of you guys. I love reggae music myself no matter the lyrics.

Have a bounce and enjoy. Man, this is one sweet piece of bass line.

YouTube - Stitchie - gospel reggae

Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM

YouTube - World is a cycle

The world is a cycle
and everything weh happen
yes it come round in a cycle

Got to check the step you take
and every breathe you make
Because the little things you do
is coming back to you

The ditch you dig it might just be your destiny
I might just rise above the odds regain my victory
Aye, do right, do right, do right, do right, do right
do good, do goo, do good, do good, do good

Just sharing some conscious tunes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity