Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:11 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's a good debate. gets the hearts pumpingg, it's a forum.
Well...... for me I'd rather exercise to a good song, to get my heart to pumpin'! Try it sometime it's healthier......

YouTube - I've got the joy joy joy joy, down in my heart (Yeshua Version)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Fundy its not a big deal, they are going to believe what they want to no matter what we say or share. Neither of us mean either of them any harm but if they want to come to a Christianity forum then they must understand many of us are not going to agree with those outside looking in.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM

605 posts, read 1,107,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Look I am not trying to fight with you, but if you were a Christian at one time then you would understand what Preterist posted as well as understand why we say you were never trully a Christian. It is not meant to attack you or to insult you but apparently you had an experience and satan convinced you it was a salvation experience. It happens to alot of people, they have the experience they become gungho for Christ, burn bright for a little while and then burn out. It is in the Bible exactly what happened to you.
Well that 17 years seemed like a mighty long time to me, but hey, it's relative, right?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Fundy its not a big deal, they are going to believe what they want to no matter what we say or share. Neither of us mean either of them any harm but if they want to come to a Christianity forum then they must understand many of us are not going to agree with those outside looking in.
Oh, I'm not one to cry just because someone does not agree with me and I will go to any forum I choose around here and deal with whatever topics are presented. I'm not trying to fight with anyone either, but no one is going to tell me what I was or wasn't to keep their circular argument alive.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
IT'S IN THE BIBLE and it makes perfect sense. Christianity is the only religion where we don't choose, God chooses us so wouldn't it make sense that the God that saves you is the God that keeps you since nothing is about us, it's all Him and His glory.

and why are you so sensitive about once believing in the flying spaghetti monster?
It's not about the imaginary fellow. It's about questioning people's honesty.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:42 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Oh, I'm not one to cry just because someone does not agree with me and I will go to any forum I choose around here and deal with whatever topics are presented. I'm not trying to fight with anyone either, but no one is going to tell me what I was or wasn't to keep their circular argument alive.
Even if I do not agree with your position I can understand it. I thought I was a Christian for the first 15 years of my life, I loved Jesus and could have sworn I had seen Him a few times and heard His voice. I turned away at 15 and even attacked Christians on their faith and tried to turn them away from what I believed was BS. This lasted for 15 yearsand right up to the very day I was saved I argued with the Pastor of my wifes Church and then during services Christ kicked my butt and brought me to Himself and I could no more reject Christ than I could cut my own arm off. Perhaps the Lord has you on a learning mission like He apparently had me on and when He calls you back you will know. You do have alot of good knowledge but as we all know knowledge isnt faith.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Even if I do not agree with your position I can understand it. I thought I was a Christian for the first 15 years of my life, I loved Jesus and could have sworn I had seen Him a few times and heard His voice. I turned away at 15 and even attacked Christians on their faith and tried to turn them away from what I believed was BS. This lasted for 15 yearsand right up to the very day I was saved I argued with the Pastor of my wifes Church and then during services Christ kicked my butt and brought me to Himself and I could no more reject Christ than I could cut my own arm off. Perhaps the Lord has you on a learning mission like He apparently had me on and when He calls you back you will know. You do have alot of good knowledge but as we all know knowledge isnt faith.
No Robin. I can tell you this much, I am NOT going back into that. If I lose my mind and cry out to god (whichever one is listening on that day) in desperation, who is going to believe in my confession of faith while under duress anyway? In my right mind and with what I know, I won't be coming back in this life at least.

I will forever mention this. I left the faith while I was at MY height in it. I was having the best time of my life being a Christian. No, I wasn't mad at god. Wasn't disillusioned with any pastors or church members. Wasn't yearning to be in the world. Wasn't under any persecution or duress. Was in my happy bliss "in the lord" and then common sense came a knocking.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Curly, I am sorry I offended you, I did not mean it in the way you took it. I honestly thought is was something I had overlooked!

What bothers me is now happy some get when someone else is chastized!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:35 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Curly, I am sorry I offended you, I did not mean it in the way you took it. I honestly thought is was something I had overlooked!

Awe.... precious Marian, God so loves you and so do I! No, I did not get offended! Please forgive me if my post came across that way to you!
I just don't like the heated discussions (arguing, debating) over the word of God, AMONG the children of God.
We can help one another to grow and learn from each other. But getting angry does not bring any eternal value to that life, but wounds to the heart that is being misunderstood.
I do realize this being the internet that things can be easily interpreted wrong. Just like in this case!

Please, for the record, I never find happiness or pleasure in the child of God that is being chastised.
But I will pray for them that His Spirit brings about that which is His purpose for chastising.
Then I will rejoice with that brother or sister when the heart has been forgiven, healed and overcomes that which has caused them to go astray for a season from the Father's will in their lives.....

Blessings to you...precious Lady!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post

I responded to curly saying good verses and thanks. I hope you didn't take that as a chastisement. I just loved the verses... You may or may not have read my post as chastising, but I didn't want to leave it in case you did. I'm sorry, Marian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity