Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
A Godly 'teacher', whatever sex, should focus your attention on Jesus Christ, and the Word of God. Many pastors talk about themselves, their issues, their this and that - fine, but when you hear a sermon, your eyes should be on the Word of God and Jesus. I don't know how many times I have heard a sermon where the pastor is pointing his eyes on himself. I would rather listen to a woman teaching correctly than a man teaching incorrectly, so ideally it is a man teaching, but this is my opinion.
This has nothing to do with a woman but this woman is a universalist, she wouldn't know the gospel if it bit her. did you not see the dribble she released to the press?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This has nothing to do with a woman but this woman is a universalist, she wouldn't know the gospel if it bit her. did you not see the dribble she released to the press?
Actually no, I am not aware of this specific issue. I was speaking in general terms.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
A Godly 'teacher', whatever sex, should focus your attention on Jesus Christ, and the Word of God. Many pastors talk about themselves, their issues, their this and that - fine, but when you hear a sermon, your eyes should be on the Word of God and Jesus. I don't know how many times I have heard a sermon where the pastor is pointing his eyes on himself. I would rather listen to a woman teaching correctly than a man teaching incorrectly, so ideally it is a man teaching, but this is my opinion.
So in essence you are telling God that He is wrong and He doesn't know what He is doing? You are suiting your own needs, the question still remains, is it biblical? If the bible said, that men should not be preaching then I would be against men preaching. The bible is clear who they want as leaders of spiritual authority. We must adhere to the words of the bible no matter how we feel or we will run into the trouble of creating the bible to suit our own lifestyle, ideals.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 AM

142 posts, read 501,416 times
We better tell all these women pastors out there who are chaplains, who visit the sick and prisoners, who counsel parishoners, who preach the Word and administer the sacraments and who educate the community on God and the Church that they are being disobedient to God and that they need to stop right now.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow_keys View Post
We better tell all these women pastors out there who are chaplains, who visit the sick and prisoners, who counsel parishoners, who preach the Word and administer the sacraments and who educate the community on God and the Church that they are being disobedient to God and that they need to stop right now.
They can still do all that, they just can not have have spiritual authority in the church. BIG DIFFERENCE DUDE!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
I believe that within the church there is no male, female, Jew or Greek, etc..We are all one, distinguished as different only by our gifts given to us by the holy spirit...

Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I believe that within the church there is no male, female, Jew or Greek, etc..We are all one, distinguished as different only by our gifts given to us by the holy spirit...
Please remember Context. That verse has nothing to do with spiritual authority.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,427 times
Quote:

True, my one and only near-miss BLUE, and then we all congregate not with but against each other in groups, the mightier ego in a market-compatible (nuclear) race...

Forgive me, not meant to make this another d-day!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Please remember Context. That verse has nothing to do with spiritual authority.
Sigh...okay..I'm outta this thread Won't fight legalism any more.."Out of context" was their favorite three words...

Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Sigh...okay..I'm outta this thread Won't fight legalism any more.."Out of context" was their favorite three words...
That is not legalism. Please read up on legalism because it is obvious you do not know what it is.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-13-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity