Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times

Advertisements

Are you getting yourself ready, for the Lord's return? Are you making yourself strong? Are you studying the Word? Are you increasing in prayer? Are you filling your lamps with oil? You should, because hard times are now upon us. I was thinking about all this when I saw this OT scripture...

Jeremiah 12:5
If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

If you think times are tough, you are certainly right, they are. But guess what: it's gonna get worse....the horses are coming. Not to just a few, but to all. How will you keep up with the horsemen? Everyone's situation will be different, but it will be a very trying time for everyone...the worst testing of our lives. For me, and my wife, "the horses" have already arrived, and have pretty much run us over. I have never been so stressed in my life. (because of a dire situation I am in, with seemingly no answer: I am about to lose any and all future contact with my family) I honestly don't know what to do, other than pray. But you know, through it all, God is still there...we can always trust in Him, and lean on Him. I was praying earlier "Lord...you have got to do something (please!), because I can't fix this...I am so helpless..."

A word from the Bible for these trying times:

Ephesians 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

I am just about at that point now where there is nothing more left I can do, but to stand. Whatever comes, I will stand...I will not give up!

Let us stand together (in prayer)...whatever your situation...I don't care what it is you are facing...I will stand with you!

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 12:13 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Oh I am so very sorry things are not better for you and your family....Just know, He will never forsake us, and He knows our future and has a divine plan for each of us....Trust in Him, and shout out His name in moments of weakness and waivering, He will answer, and Bud, I am still praying for you guys.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:37 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,517 times
Bud, I am praying for you. I think we are all going through things right now and can relate to your pain. As for myself, I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control...He is still on the throne and remind myself that, "all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 We have to cling to these things...sometimes by our fingertips, but knowing ultimately that He is faithful.

God bless.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,060,767 times
Bud, You are right. We can never take a vacation from christianity. Our responsibility is to recognize the enemy's consistency and surprise him by searching for areas of weakness that have caused us to fail in the past.

As we maintain our position in Christ, take on the full armor of God, and remain vigilant, we will not only stand but will also prevail against the gates of hell.

Last edited by sandgirl; 01-12-2009 at 04:51 AM..

Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Love does not take sides, nor require us to...

Love is that entity of the heart that is meant to unite; oftentimes in ways that are perhaps shrouded in mystery and unknowing. June is not sure that we can or ever really do lose those whom we love. Sometimes that which causes separation from others also serves to provide opportunity: To better enable us to find those ways by which to reunite. -But love doesn't abandon or reside. Perhaps it just hybernates at times, amid the chaos in our lives, amid the struggles wherein it seeks refuge by burying itself deep within the cold, silent, purity of the snow in order to safeguard and preserve itself...Embedded within our pain resides those elements of hope that refuse to allow us to ever truly let go. Snow and ice eventually thaw. So too can and do hearts. Love cannot hybernate permanently, as it is driven to eventually re-emerge in the gradual thaw and melting that cannot deny it's call of connection within its transformations...Where once again, the sun warms hearts and souls. In the clinging to of hope, there is love.

Please know that June holds you in her heart, along with Sunshine, and the rest of your family.

Take gentle care.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Praying for you, Bud...and standing with you!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:37 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Blessings Bud and to your Sunshine!! Standing in prayer along with you both!
The Lord has a great plan for you both! He never leaves us, nor forsakes us! As we see helplessness..... He sees a future and a hope!! He will restore back to us what the enemy tries to steal....

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Isaiah 57: 18-19
I have seen his ways, and will heal him; I will also lead him, and restore comforts to him and to his mourners. I create the fruit of the lips: Peace, Peace to him who is far off and to him who is near, says the Lord, and I will heal him.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Let us stand together (in prayer)...whatever your situation...I don't care what it is you are facing...I will stand with you!

Bud
And I join the line standing beside you Bud in love and prayer...Let our strength support you and your strength support us..

Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 AM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Bud, the Lord is standing right there with you so you can expect to be victorious no matter what the outcome!

Psalm 125:1 "Those who trust in the Lord are a secure as Mount Zion, they will not be defeated but will endure forever".

Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Dear Bud..As the end time spirtitual warriors, God planned for us to be fully equipped for battles, and provided every weapon of warfare that we will need in order to be victorious. These are the same powerful weapons that Jesus used to defeat the enemy when He walked the earth! Joel2:5..."Locusts Invade Like An Army"...Fire burns in front of them, and flames follow after them, Ahead of them the land lies, as beautiful as the Garden of Eden. Behind them is nothing but desolation; not one thing escapes.
We do not fight with physical weapons! God prepared weapons for you to use against Satan that make you absolutely invulnerable to his attacks! Satan will still throw fiery darts at you, but there is no way you can be defeated! Paul told the Corinthians: "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds)! The problems, the adverse circumstances we experience, are things that we can feel and see with our natural senses. Pain, sickness, unpaid bills, unexpected expenses car problems, family problems, are all circumstances we face in the natural realm. We live in the natural world, but our warfares not in the natural world. Our warfare is in the Spirit. We do not wrestle or fight against physical forces that we can see or touch with our natural senses. They are invisible. We are in one-on-one combat with evil spirits, principalities, powers, world rulers of darkmness and hosts of spiritual wickedness in the atmosphere that surrounds this earth.
The weapons we have at our disposal are designed and created by God...absolutely accurate 100% of the time...capable of doing what no other weapns on earth can do...and are the only weapons that are able to tear down Satan's strongholds and deal effectively with the problems we face. Be clothed in the whole armor of God! Don't depend upon your own strength! God did not intend you to face your financial burdens, physical sicknesses, family problems in your own limited understanding or your own strength. He planned and purposed for you to face every problem, every circumstance, every attack of the enemy in HIS UNLIMITED, UNSURPASSED POWER! We must put on God's complete armor!,"...be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might." Jesus said, "...the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works."...That same MIGHTY POWER that worked within Jesus, that broke the chains of death and raised Him from the dead, is at work-right now-within you!...all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in you! Each piece of the spiritual armor are attributes of Christ which we have access to through our spiritual union-our relationship, our communion with Him, in which we draw strength from Him. As we are clothed in the whole armor of God, through our spiritual union with Christ, we are able to withstand every fiery dart of the nemy; we are able to "stand against the wiles of the devil"...we are able to endure suffering, persecution, temptations, trials and testings, and be 100% VICTORIOUS!

My prayers are for you mighty worrier!...God bless you!...Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity