Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times

Advertisements

A good way to expose and end bigotry is to get it out in the open so people are forced to deal with it.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
A good way to expose and end bigotry is to get it out in the open so people are forced to deal with it.
I agree are you confessing? because if you repent and put your trust in Christ then all is forgiven.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I agree are you confessing? because if you repent and put your trust in Christ then all is forgiven.
Thanks for the back-handed offer, but no thanks.

The bigotry I was referring to was discrimination based on sexual orientation that you pretty much only find in churches anymore.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the back-handed offer, but no thanks.

The bigotry I was referring to was discrimination based on sexual orientation that you pretty much only find in churches anymore.
There is bigotry everywhere. I am black so I should know. There is no bigotry in the church when pertaining to gays. Many churches allow gay people. By what definition can you even place bigotry with gay people? because by your definition, you are a bigot.

Dictionary stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Gays don't fall under neither so how could one be bigoted against gays?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
We pray for you as well but that's ok we were once blind too, so we understand.
Do you honestlly think I'm going to stop loving and leave my partner of 13 years, leave our children, leave my church, and "choose" to be able to love and "choose" to be sexually attracted to a woman? I just don't understand how on earth you could possible think like this. Seriously, why do you concern yourself with gay people? What have I done to you? You may believe you're 100% correct in your beliefs, but what you've said to me in many posts comes across as pure hatred. That's the only way I can interpret the Christian Fundamentalist attitude toward gay people. As I said, this attitude creates a negative environment that gay people have to live in and deal with. It's slowly changing, and someday I would hope that anti gay people are pushed to the back woods with the KKK.

OK, close the topic. You can't have a rational discussion about homosexuality with the people who post here.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
There is bigotry everywhere. I am black so I should know. There is no bigotry in the church when pertaining to gays. Many churches allow gay people. By what definition can you even place bigotry with gay people? because by your definition, you are a bigot as well.
You're gonna have to explain this one. "No bigotry in the church when pertaining to gays"? "You are a bigot as well"?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:04 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
Quote:
There is bigotry everywhere. I am black so I should know. There is no bigotry in the church when pertaining to gays. Many churches allow gay people. By what definition can you even place bigotry with gay people? because by your definition, you are a bigot.

Dictionary stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Actually you are right, Fundy...so that makes you Prejudiced, judgemental and intolerant instead of a bigot

Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You're gonna have to explain this one. "No bigotry in the church when pertaining to gays"? "You are a bigot as well"?
If you believe the church is bigoted (a term that does not apply to gays) against gays, then the church is bigoted against thieves, liars, adulterers, lustful, fornicators etc..... so how is the church against gay people? I just don't see it because I am a liar, a thief as well and the church is not bigoted against me.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Being black isn't a creed, belief, or opinion either. Try this definition:

obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
If you believe the church is bigoted (a term that does not apply to gays) against gays, then the church is bigoted against thieves, liars, adulterers, lustful, fornicators etc..... so how is the church against gay people? I just don't see it because I am a liar, a thief as well and the church is not bigoted against me.
big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

I guess it's no surprise since you can spin the Bible to suit your needs that now you're spinning/twisting the definition of "bigot" in order to be further bigoted against gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity