Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

It is Satan's plan to stop the Chruch of Jesus Christ from moving out in power and victory. In order to recognize Satan and his work, we need to know his tactics and strategies so that we can take our position of full power and authority over him. Before we can launch a victorious offensive attack against Satan, we must know our enemy, his characteristics, and his strategies.

DECEPTION
Deuteronomy 9:23-24
Likewise when the Lord sent you from Kadesh-barnea, saying, Go up and possess the land which I have given you; then ye rebelled against the commandment of the Lord your God, and ye believed him not, nor harkened to His voice.
Ye have been rebellious against the Lord from the day that I knew you.

SATAN WILL TRY TO FILL YOUR HEART AND MIND WITH UNBELIEF THAT LEADS TO DISOBEDIENCE
Once Satan has succeeded in causing Christians to refuse to hear God's voice by rejecting it altogether, or by failing to respond, he will then try to fill their minds with doubt and unbelief.
God had specifically promised Israel, through Moses, that He would drive out all their enemies and give them the land of Canaan as an inheritance (Deut.4:38). Yet, when they came to Kadesh-barnea and saw the giants in the land, they were afraid. Instead of listening to God's voice, they listened to the voices of the spies who said the people were "giants" and were more powerful than they.
Moses told them not to be afraid, that the Lord had gone before them and would fight on their behalf (Deut.1:30). But the Israelites rejected God's covenant promise and rejected the Word of God given through His prophet, Moses. Their hearts were filled with unbelief. This unbelief was the root cause of their sin. It was their unbelief that prevented them from entering into their Promised Land. Their unbelief was the cause of their hardened hearts and in the end, was the cause of their destruction.
Paul said we must examine ourselves to see if we have "...an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God" (Hebrews 3:12). We must recognize unbelief for what it is...SIN. If we allow any of it to remain in our hearts, it will lead us away from God. It will cause us to disobey Him and, like the children of Israel, we will not be able to see the fulfillment of His promises in our lives.

This truth has come alive in me...BUT GOD!!!...I came through...Victoriously!!!...because I believed...and because I responded!!!...Thank you Jesus!!!...Love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 05:33 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Smile Thank you, Verna..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
It is Satan's plan to stop the Chruch of Jesus Christ from moving out in power and victory. In order to recognize Satan and his work, we need to know his tactics and strategies so that we can take our position of full power and authority over him. Before we can launch a victorious offensive attack against Satan, we must know our enemy, his characteristics, and his strategies.

DECEPTION
Deuteronomy 9:23-24
Likewise when the Lord sent you from Kadesh-barnea, saying, Go up and possess the land which I have given you; then ye rebelled against the commandment of the Lord your God, and ye believed him not, nor harkened to His voice.
Ye have been rebellious against the Lord from the day that I knew you.

SATAN WILL TRY TO FILL YOUR HEART AND MIND WITH UNBELIEF THAT LEADS TO DISOBEDIENCE
Once Satan has succeeded in causing Christians to refuse to hear God's voice by rejecting it altogether, or by failing to respond, he will then try to fill their minds with doubt and unbelief.
God had specifically promised Israel, through Moses, that He would drive out all their enemies and give them the land of Canaan as an inheritance (Deut.4:38). Yet, when they came to Kadesh-barnea and saw the giants in the land, they were afraid. Instead of listening to God's voice, they listened to the voices of the spies who said the people were "giants" and were more powerful than they.
Moses told them not to be afraid, that the Lord had gone before them and would fight on their behalf (Deut.1:30). But the Israelites rejected God's covenant promise and rejected the Word of God given through His prophet, Moses. Their hearts were filled with unbelief. This unbelief was the root cause of their sin. It was their unbelief that prevented them from entering into their Promised Land. Their unbelief was the cause of their hardened hearts and in the end, was the cause of their destruction.
Paul said we must examine ourselves to see if we have "...an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God" (Hebrews 3:12). We must recognize unbelief for what it is...SIN. If we allow any of it to remain in our hearts, it will lead us away from God. It will cause us to disobey Him and, like the children of Israel, we will not be able to see the fulfillment of His promises in our lives.

This truth has come alive in me...BUT GOD!!!...I came through...Victoriously!!!...because I believed...and because I responded!!!...Thank you Jesus!!!...Love

May the words which in their originality unite you with those recording them find also modern-day translations into our everyday dealings with one another.\!!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:32 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Yep.... unbelief is the root of all sin!!
But Christ Jesus has and will set us free...from the heart of unbelief!

Mark9:23
Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.

A challenge to faith. There is no question that Jesus can do all things. The only question is whether we can, or will, trust Him.

Mark9:24
"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"

Jesus will always answer this prayer by giving one faith! When one is overcome with fear, doubt which are the symptoms of unbelief.
When I have struggled with something, God's Holy Spirit always brings this scripture to my heart and I believe it is the cure of any unbelief that may try to enter ones heart in that which God is wanting to show, teach, or lead us in.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:36 AM

39 posts, read 67,850 times
Am attending a bible study at present on this very subject. Have had a recent revelation about deliverance and the meaning of it. It is simply replacing a lie that Satan has subtly introduced to ones mind and replacing it with the truth (Gods word).
Probably most are familiar with the armor of God and the sword representing God's word (TRUTH). It is our most powerful line of defense and abosolutely destroys the enemy's whole strategy with deception.
Unbelief (believing a lie) definitely has it's effects; for believers it denies us of freedom in areas of our walk and allows bondage. Whether it be a false belief about oneself, someone else or putting limitations on what God can do.
Satan loves us to be in bondage as it stops the believer of BEARING the fruits of the Holy Spirit. The believer becomes self-centered, not God-centered.
That's what so great about our faith, the relationship we can have with God and the freedom it brings. "The truth shall set you free". Recieving Gods word as the truth, instead of Satan's lies allows the Holy Spirit to take control and Gods goodness, to unveil itself. Good to Be a CHRISTian!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
May the words which in their originality unite you with those recording them find also modern-day translations into our everyday dealings with one another.\!!
YES!!! Effie!!! YES!!!...I'm with you! I'm with you!...I love you!...Verna

Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracegirl View Post
Am attending a bible study at present on this very subject. Have had a recent revelation about deliverance and the meaning of it. It is simply replacing a lie that Satan has subtly introduced to ones mind and replacing it with the truth (Gods word).
Probably most are familiar with the armor of God and the sword representing God's word (TRUTH). It is our most powerful line of defense and abosolutely destroys the enemy's whole strategy with deception.
Unbelief (believing a lie) definitely has it's effects; for believers it denies us of freedom in areas of our walk and allows bondage. Whether it be a false belief about oneself, someone else or putting limitations on what God can do.
Satan loves us to be in bondage as it stops the believer of BEARING the fruits of the Holy Spirit. The believer becomes self-centered, not God-centered.
That's what so great about our faith, the relationship we can have with God and the freedom it brings. "The truth shall set you free". Recieving Gods word as the truth, instead of Satan's lies allows the Holy Spirit to take control and Gods goodness, to unveil itself. Good to Be a CHRISTian!
Amen! Excellent post!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracegirl View Post
...Hello gracegirl......ahhhhhhh...so much wisdom in this truth! As I was going through my own storm, I could sense the battle going on over my thoughts...the battle was raging!! Everything in me just stopped...dead...while this war was going on for my thoughts...as soon as I started speaking the Word with my mouth...confessing my sin...rebuking Satans' lies...I could feel the power...the authority that I had in Christ Jesus welled up in me! His Word took me through...carried me through...rremembering His promises to me...remembering......remembering...and the Holy Spirit gave me this verse...1 Cor. 10:13...'There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." ...to bear it...temptation is going to come..this is a given...all wil experience it, no one is above it...1 Cor. 10:12..."Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." It is time for God's people to grow from babes to worrriers! The war is intensifying, and every soldier in God's army is now expected to STAND UP on his feet and enter into the REAL BATTLES, whether he likes it or not. From this time on we must realize that we are being molded in the spirit...a warring soldier of the Body of Christ!...Bless God!!...Love

Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM

39 posts, read 67,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Hello gracegirl......ahhhhhhh...so much wisdom in this truth! As I was going through my own storm, I could sense the battle going on over my thoughts...the battle was raging!! Everything in me just stopped...dead...while this war was going on for my thoughts...as soon as I started speaking the Word with my mouth...confessing my sin...rebuking Satans' lies...I could feel the power...the authority that I had in Christ Jesus welled up in me! His Word took me through...carried me through...rremembering His promises to me...remembering......remembering...and the Holy Spirit gave me this verse...1 Cor. 10:13...'There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." ...to bear it...temptation is going to come..this is a given...all wil experience it, no one is above it...1 Cor. 10:12..."Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." It is time for God's people to grow from babes to worrriers! The war is intensifying, and every soldier in God's army is now expected to STAND UP on his feet and enter into the REAL BATTLES, whether he likes it or not. From this time on we must realize that we are being molded in the spirit...a warring soldier of the Body of Christ!...Bless God!!...Love

God is good. "By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me." (Psalm 41:11) He's awsome! God Bless!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
greatest accomplishment of satan is to have made people believe he does not exist.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM

178 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
greatest accomplishment of satan is to have made people believe he does not exist.
Is there an actual being that is the devil?

The Word 'Devil' in the Scripture

And so it is with the word 'devil' too. Jesus said, "Have not I chosen you twelve (disciples), and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot..." who was an ordinary, mortal man. He was not speaking of a personal being with horns, or a so-called 'spirit being'. The word 'devil' here simply refers to a wicked man. 1 Timothy 3:11 and Titus 2:3 provide another example. The wives of church elders were not to be "slanderers"; the original Greek word here is 'diabolos', which is the same word translated 'devil' elsewhere. Thus Paul warns Titus that the aged women in the ecclesia should not be "false accusers" or 'devils'. And, likewise, he told Timothy, in 2 Timothy 3:1,3, that "In the last days...men shall be...false accusers" ('diabolos' or devils). This does not mean that human beings will turn into superhuman beings, but that they will be increasingly wicked. It ought to be quite clear from all this that the words 'devil' and 'satan' do not refer to a fallen Angel or a sinful being outside of us.

The Devil is our Sinful Tendencies within Us

The words 'satan' and 'devil' are used figuratively to describe the sinful tendencies within us. These are our main 'satan' or adversary. They are also personified, and as such they can be spoken of as 'the devil'- our enemy, a slanderer of the truth. This is what "the natural man" is like - the very devil (1 Corinthians 2:14). The connection between the devil and our evil desires - sin within us - is made explicit in several passages:
Hebrews 2:14, "Forasmuch then as the children (ourselves) are partakers of flesh and blood, he (Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through (his) death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"
The devil is here described as being responsible for death. But;
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death;"
Therefore sin and the devil must be parallel. Similarly, James 1:14 says that our evil desires tempt us, leading us to sin and therefore to death; but Hebrews 2:14 says that the devil brings death. The same verse says that Jesus had our nature in order to destroy the devil. Contrast this with;
Romans 8:3, "God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"
This shows that the devil and the sinful tendencies that are within us are effectively the same. It is vitally important to understand that Jesus was tempted just like us. Misunderstanding the doctrine of the devil means that we cannot correctly appreciate the nature and work of Jesus. It was only because Jesus had our sinful flesh - the 'devil' within him - that we can have the hope of salvation (Hebrews 2:14-18; 4:15). By overcoming the temptation to sin (the scriptural devil), Jesus was able to destroy the devil on the cross (Hebrews 2:14). If the devil is a personal being, then he should no longer exist. Hebrews 9:26 says that Christ was manifested "to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself". Hebrews 2:14 matches this with the statement that through his death Christ destroyed the devil in himself. By His death Jesus in prospect destroyed "the body of sin" (Romans 6:6), i.e. sin revealed in (the form of) our very bodies.
1 John 3:8, "He that committeth sin is of the devil;"
Why? Because sin is the result of giving way to our own evil desires (James 1:14-15), which the Scripture calls 'the devil'. "For this purpose the son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8). If we are correct in saying that the devil is our evil desires, then the works of our evil desires, i.e. what they result in, are our sins. This is confirmed by 1 John 3:5: "He (Jesus) was manifested to take away our sins". This confirms that "our sins" and "the works of the devil" are the same. Acts 5:3 provides another example of this connection between the devil and our sins. Peter says to Ananias: "Why hath Satan filled thine heart?" Then, in verse 4, Peter says "Why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart?" Conceiving something bad within our heart is the same as Satan filling our heart. If we ourselves conceive something, e.g. a sinful plan, then it begins inside us. If a woman conceives a child, it doesn't exist outside of her; it begins inside her. James 1:14-15 uses the same figure in describing how our lusts conceive and bring forth sin, which brings forth death. Psalm 109:6 parallels a sinful man with a 'satan': "Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand", i.e. in power over him (see Psalm 110:1).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity