Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,154 times

Advertisements

Point taken..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,101 times
[quote=effie briest;7039834]... because she just saw (in part only) Verna being a Channel...[/quote...with God's help effie...I pray that I will be more understanding...more sensitive towards the difficult conditions and situations of others...I love you, Verna

Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,120 times
Verna, I can see me, from my earlier days in Christ, in your #10 post. I fear that time and tide has colored my outlook too much. And I pray that I can return to be more like that. I pray that my heart has not been hardened by all that I have seen and experienced over the years.

" Create a clean heart in me, oh God, and renew a right spirit in me."

Old 01-17-2009, 11:08 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,154 times
I've been thinking about this..Mams posted earlier about this is not the place for "new" Christians. Which in one sense i can understand and respect what she is saying..However, What about the "newbies" who have no one or nowhere to turn say during the week? I agree, we should all sit and read the Bible in our homes, and study and learn the word. I came on here, ended up in the overall Religous forum, and Alpha pointed me to this direction. I came here, made friends, Some that i stay in contact with off the forums. We learn and teach and grow together. If it was not with this forum, and the different opinions, I feel that i would not have grown as much. I value the debates, if its done with taste, i value ones opinions, and thoughts. If there wasnt difference in opinions, how would we grow? My original post was merely saying...i dont agree with bashing one another to the point of meanness.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Verna, I can see me, from my earlier days in Christ, in your #10 post. I fear that time and tide has colored my outlook too much. And I pray that I can return to be more like that. I pray that my heart has not been hardened by all that I have seen and experienced over the years.

" Create a clean heart in me, oh God, and renew a right spirit in me."
My Dear Sweet Marian......I cry with you beautiful sister in Christ......you have touched my heart...sometimes I am concerned for the state your heart may be in...without you even realizing it...but I also see someone in you who loves the Lord very, very much! I love you Marian...and I stand with you in your prayer for a renewing of your mind and a cleansing of your heart...we all need to be cleansed once in a while...the most important thing is that we are able to look inside of ourselves...and be able to judge ourselves accordingly...and pray for change...and pray that we too can continued to be taught...always remain open minded...be teachable...grow strong in the love of God...Trust in Him to take care of others..He has brought us all together to learn from one another...to love one another...and I love you...and I love your heart...you are a good person...a child of the Living God!...Love

Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
My original post was merely saying...i dont agree with bashing one another to the point of meanness.
I agree, sunshineann, there is a way to disagree and share our beliefs/understanding without being meanspirited. Sometimes we tend to assign motives, intentions to people without really understanding where they are coming from. In speaking truth, we are to realize that we were once lost and deceived, be motivated by love and we are to be gentle with all individuals. (Titus 3:1-3) God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-17-2009 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
My original post was merely saying...i dont agree with bashing one another to the point of meanness.
Amen!

And as to your comments about newbies coming here for fellowship and growth... I concede it can and does happen. I concede to your point. I sometimes forget that God is in control and what will be will be.

Blessings to all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity