Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Ya um, the pledge of allegiance didn't have "under god" until the 1950s. It was a McCarthy tool because the particular 'commies' they were looking for supposedly wouldn't say "under god."

Read the Constitution, First Amendment to see that no specific religion should be encouraged by the government; or the Treaty of Tripoli that specifically says America IS NOT a Christian nation.
Actually that is a twist of what the forefather's meant. The forefathers HAD NO PROBLEM with Religion considering they use to pray before their meetings.

"no specific religion should be encouraged by the government" The Anglicans were giving the Baptists fits and The government wanted to make sure that they took no side and giving one religion an advantage of another. We are all free to worship but America was built on Christian principles. Thomas Jefferson prayed before he wrote the declaration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 10:06 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
The above is an excerpt from an article about Bishop Robinson and the inauguration. It's evident that our country has changed spiritually during the past 50 years. How sad that secular Christianity is trumping biblical Christianity. If we were ever on a downward spiral, we most definitely are now.
Well it is not like any reading or praying he does will account for anything considering he is openly and unrepentantly living in sin. He has a wall seperating himself from Christ and it is called homosexuality. He must pray, repent, and take up his cross daily or the Lord will not hear his words due to his embracing sin as a proper lifestyle.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,660 times
I think it is sad that the Bishop is trying to hide his religion. I think that if we are going to love the Lord, than we shouldn't be ashamed of it, and we shouldn't try to hide it, just because others might be offended. They don't worry about offended us Christians. We should act in love, but we shouldn't be afraid of what we believe.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually that is a twist of what the forefather's meant. The forefathers HAD NO PROBLEM with Religion considering they use to pray before their meetings.

"no specific religion should be encouraged by the government" The Anglicans were giving the Baptists fits and The government wanted to make sure that they took no side and giving one religion an advantage of another. We are all free to worship but America was built on Christian principles. Thomas Jefferson prayed before he wrote the declaration.
Hwy Fundy, what many around here and within the US dont seem to understand is that Christianty was the only legitimate religion according the the founders and therefore anything else was pagan and considered a cult. The seperation was to not honor a particular denomination over another, but it was still clearly Christian.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyPoohFan317 View Post
I think it is sad that the Bishop is trying to hide his religion. I think that if we are going to love the Lord, than we shouldn't be ashamed of it, and we shouldn't try to hide it, just because others might be offended. They don't worry about offended us Christians. We should act in love, but we shouldn't be afraid of what we believe.

(Matthew 10:32)
32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Hwy Fundy, what many around here and within the US dont seem to understand is that Christianty was the only legitimate religion according the the founders and therefore anything else was pagan and considered a cult. The seperation was to not honor a particular denomination over another, but it was still clearly Christian.
EXACTLY!!! When referring to religions the forefathers really meant denominations. Yet the liberals and the ACLU deliberately twist to mean ALL religion and that is nonsense evidenced by Christian influence all over government which the liberals are doing their best to erase.

I still love how people say, Thomas Jefferson was Muslim because he had a Koran in his library. I have a book of Mormon, will people assume that I am Mormon 100 years from now? shear desperation.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A baby born before 23 weeks cannot survive even with medical intervention. That is because the blood vessels in the babies lungs are not fully developed and CANNOT receive oxygen from the lungs.

Many women, unfortunetly, have rupture of the membranes or an unstopable labor before 23 weeks gestation. In the event of ruptured membranes, if the baby is not delivered from the mother within 24 hours, the mother has a high risk of becoming seriously ill from infection of the uterous. Often labor is induced to end the pregnancy. In either case, the baby dies!

Jill Stanek's testimony is not truthful. There is no possible way that a baby surrives for hours before 23 weeks as she has testified.

The bill you are referring to and which you beat Obama up for, does not allow for these events. Medical personal would be forced to attempt a resusitation of a baby with no hope. This would cause needless suffering for baby and mother and cost thousands of dollars for a futile attempt.

Before you "crucify" someone, learn the facts of what you are fighting for!

Please let get one thing straight before we get into anything else, I have not beat up on Our President Elect Barrack Obama. Show me one posting where Betsey Lane has done that!! If telling the truth now means you're being a bully, call me whatever makes you happy.

Now, moving right along...................As I HAVE STATED before: The people cried out for "CHANGE"! "CHANGE"! You've got it! Don't complain now! Embrace your King! Get to that inauguration by any means necessary! You ain't seen nothing yet!!

PS: I VOTED by the way, I VOTED for JESUS CHRIST!! Trust me, I know who I'm fighting for. Do you? Really?

And by the way, I have a friend who baby survived at 22 & 1/2 weeks! And she is happy, healthy and full of life. All life is life! ALLLLLLLLL!!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netprophet View Post
"The Bible won't be used at inauguration". HOW RIDICULOUS.

Haven't you heard they will be using the "LINCOLN" BIBLE (that which belonged to Abraham Lincoln). The whole theme is honoring our 16th President, Lincoln.
Again, READ THE OP! If you read you will see what is being stated. And if you read through the thread you would also see others have read the OP too.

Last edited by Hoosier; 01-19-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
The above is an excerpt from an article about Bishop Robinson and the inauguration. It's evident that our country has changed spiritually during the past 50 years. How sad that secular Christianity is trumping biblical Christianity. If we were ever on a downward spiral, we most definitely are now.

That's ok, I doubt it will be used during his time in office, either.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
EXACTLY!!! When referring to religions the forefathers really meant denominations. Yet the liberals and the ACLU deliberately twist to mean ALL religion and that is nonsense evidenced by Christian influence all over government which the liberals are doing their best to erase.

I still love how people say, Thomas Jefferson was Muslim because he had a Koran in his library. I have a book of Mormon, will people assume that I am Mormon 100 years from now? shear desperation.
What they also seem to misunderstand is that Jefferson cut and pasted two Bible to make one for the benefit of the native americans he want to share the Bible with so they would not get too confused. His intentions were to introduce them to Christ in the simplest manner possible and then gradually lead them top the entire bible as they grew. Liberal like to use this to imply he was not a Christian and that he denied much of the Bible.

Another note many liberal seem to want to ignore is the fact that many who considered themselves deist were not infering they were not Christians but that they were non denominational in their perspectives but they still had a firm faith in Jesus Christ.

If owning a Koran makes one a muslim then I must be a Krisna, Muslim, Morman, Jehovah Witness, and many other faiths consideing I own copies of many religions holy books. Just like someone is not a Christian just because they own a Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity