Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times

Advertisements

My ole My it is almost laughable.
Most know I am not a Warren fan nor much of a fan of the charismatic new church movement, but geez, the radical Libs are going overboard with this one.

Fox News and CNN has reported that the raging lunatic fringe is laying protest that Warren will use "The J Word" yes folks, its against modern journalism law to say Jesus. Well, unless he comes from Central America. Yes, Warren is going to offend all the Jews, Buddists, Hindi's, and others at the Obama 130 million dollar taxpayer boondoogle tomorrow by saying JESUS!.

Yesterday in the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation (of whom is losing readers so fast it may not make it through 2009) we have the ultra left militant racist loon known as Cynthia Tucker writing a rant about Warren being given the microphone by Obama, but not to worry, the old famous race peddling poverty pimp known as Joseph Lowery "WILL HAVE LAST WORD" Cynthia's comments of course. How could Obama do this? Oh my God, scratch that, Oh my secular higher mindset

And yet today Warren was given the microphone again for the MLK sermon, of course the GLADD group was whooping and hollaring in protest about how this offends them.

It's a rather sad day, when no matter what your beliefs, with unemployment, deficits, war, crime, and other important matters, America has to go loon poop over some guy giving a 15 minute prayer.

Yo! Soon to be President Obama! They say your the next Messiah according to the press, Nancy Pelosi, and the no talent sandpaper voice screamer Bruce Spingsteen, God, let's hope you are. Maybe you can refocus our focus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
My ole My it is almost laughable.
Most know I am not a Warren fan nor much of a fan of the charismatic new church movement, but geez, the radical Libs are going overboard with this one.

Fox News and CNN has reported that the raging lunatic fringe is laying protest that Warren will use "The J Word" yes folks, its against modern journalism law to say Jesus. Well, unless he comes from Central America. Yes, Warren is going to offend all the Jews, Buddists, Hindi's, and others at the Obama 130 million dollar taxpayer boondoogle tomorrow by saying JESUS!.

Yesterday in the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation (of whom is losing readers so fast it may not make it through 2009) we have the ultra left militant racist loon known as Cynthia Tucker writing a rant about Warren being given the microphone by Obama, but not to worry, the old famous race peddling poverty pimp known as Joseph Lowery "WILL HAVE LAST WORD" Cynthia's comments of course. How could Obama do this? Oh my God, scratch that, Oh my secular higher mindset

And yet today Warren was given the microphone again for the MLK sermon, of course the GLADD group was whooping and hollaring in protest about how this offends them.

It's a rather sad day, when no matter what your beliefs, with unemployment, deficits, war, crime, and other important matters, America has to go loon poop over some guy giving a 15 minute prayer.

Yo! Soon to be President Obama! They say your the next Messiah according to the press, Nancy Pelosi, and the no talent sandpaper voice screamer Bruce Spingsteen, God, let's hope you are. Maybe you can refocus our focus

He uses that "WORD".....Jesus, it better be allowed back in schools after this !

Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
He uses that "WORD".....Jesus, it better be allowed back in schools after this !
If you want your children to publicly participate in prayer in the religion or cult of your choice, them enroll them in a school that follows your particular religion or cult, OK? If you send your kids to public school, they should not be lead in public prayer. But a nice little thing about this country is that your kids have freedom of speech and thought, and they can say "Jesus" if they so choose in any public school, and are free to pray to whomever they please. So stop it with the martyr garbage!

Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
It must be killing Warren, he must be crying everyday as he does his best to compromise the gospel so that people will like him therefore they will like his Jesus too because you see if he is cool and hip like the world and they see a cool, hip guy liking Jesus then Jesus must be cool and hip too.
I pray that he understands that the gospel by itself is offensive and there is nothing he can do to change that short of changing the gospel.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
The Gospel is not offensive.

Anyhow...since being introduced to all the hooplah around this site concerning Rick Warren, I've been digging into some of his sermons that are free online to see just what he believes. So far, I am incredibly impressed with him and have printed out more of his sermons to read and study.

I owe many of you here a big thank you.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If you want your children to publicly participate in prayer in the religion or cult of your choice, them enroll them in a school that follows your particular religion or cult, OK? If you send your kids to public school, they should not be lead in public prayer. But a nice little thing about this country is that your kids have freedom of speech and thought, and they can say "Jesus" if they so choose in any public school, and are free to pray to whomever they please. So stop it with the martyr garbage!
Yes after all the public schools are something to be proud of. Have you looked at the dismal statistics of public schools? Things are so bad even liberals are taking their children out and putting them in private schools and when you don't like certain rules in our private schools you want to sue the private schools?

You screwed up the public schools, now you want to screw up our schools as well. Things never change.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
The Gospel is not offensive.

Anyhow...since being introduced to all the hooplah around this site concerning Rick Warren, I've been digging into some of his sermons that are free online to see just what he believes. So far, I am incredibly impressed with him and have printed out more of his sermons to read and study.

I owe many of you here a big thank you.

Here is a true man of God who actually preaches the gospel rightly, you know sin, repentance and faith; the topics Warren does not teach.

http://www.gty.org/

Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes it is! Just what is his gospel? Does he talk about sin, repentance and faith?
Yes. Have you read or listened to any of his messages online? Or just the bits and pieces hand delivered to you via youtube? lol

Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
I have said it and i will say it again. Christianity is and was the only legitimate religion for this country and to allow the others credibility is to the detriment of our society as a whole.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
forget that
Sorry...I answered before you edited.

And now I'm finding out I have to wait 60 seconds between posts. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity