Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 AM

178 posts, read 403,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
If I did not appear amicable I truely apologize. I understand your mindset and truely I am a most humble man. But my zeal is to the Lord and I will defend with indignation if need be The Lord Jesus Christ.

Truly I say to you that my faith in Christ is very well founded and like you I have much the same beliefs, but I stand by the fact a few yet remain. I was lucky and I found one. I have searched for quite some time.

Let me reveal a truth of the consequence of my sin. What I have to do is for the love of Christ first and formost. Yet while I have peace in Christ I am without rest. I have to help everyone. I have spoken to my wife about missionary work. I am thinking of leaving the country. The yearning has been more than I can bare. Yet I have so much more to learn and I am still attending Theology School. I am mostly self taught and being jobless all I do is read, but I am rounding myself out.

I thought of you in Church today. I did as my pastor spoke of James and using Wisdom. Truely he speak that while two Christians can discuss belief's, they must do it in Christ. But if not in Christ then the discussion is fruitless. If by any means you think I have demeaned anything you say or discounted it be assured I have not. This is why I said I hear your voice. However, I do speak forcefully ( for some odd reasons people love me for it), but no I never do so without a fear of The Lord.

In Christ may you always find Truth.
Be well, and may God continue to bless you and yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
What would happen if people realized that God was at church? Would the parking lot be full?
I know it is meant as a rhetorical question and not one to be taken literally, but... some people do respond to such a hype literally.

I would not go to church if they said that God was there. I would not go to church if they said that Jesus Christ was there. I would not go to church if they said that the Holy Spirit is there moving about in the worship place. Here's why and may God cause the increase.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.....3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matthew 24: 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 6: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

John 14:23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1 Corinthians 14: 24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Colossians 1: 26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Too often, believers overlook the promise that Jesus will be with us always. One cannot get any closer to God than that.

What we can do is learn of Him through the scriptures so that our love may abound yet more and more in the knowledge of Him, but believers are to rest in Jesus Christ that we are His so that no matter where we go... we can worship God in spirit and in truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity