Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM

7,713 posts, read 12,583,397 times

Advertisements

I was recently thinking about the many times we've all heard about some gruesome murder or death involving children or natural disasters killing many civilians. You can't comment on an article anymore and say "I'm praying for the victims" without some unbelievers commenting back "Your prayers didn't help prevent this/that" or "Where was God when the event-in-question happened?".Moderator cut: flame,baiting John 12:25
The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

The fact of life is that everybody dies. Whether in freaky horrific murders, car accidents, mental diseases, and etc. No amount of science can save you from that. And you never know when your time is up. It could be when your a little child or when your an adult. It doesn't matter. You can choose to believe or choose to die and find out what happens when you reject Christ. The reality of life is that it's not just life. When you die, your soul goes either go to Heaven or Hell. You accept Christ who died on the cross to save your soul and go to Heaven for an eternity and be happy for the rest of your spiritual life. Or you can choose to reject Christ (for whatever reason) and end up in Hell at death. It doesn't matter what you feel about it. This is the truth. Stop your pride and get your inheritance. If you let your pride take over and harden your heart, you've let the devil win and then you find yourself at death's door, his demons are gonna take your soul where it's suppose to be. With him. I don't understand how your going to let that happen. You will be there for an eternity. On top of that, your gonna face God. Only to be judged again and thrown into the lake of fire. Are you really prepared to do that? Or get over your pride and come into the love of our father Jesus and be saved and go to Heaven? Don't you know that all your greatest desires happen in heaven?!

If most people had their minds heaven-bound, we wouldn't feel the need to break down into tears and almost lose our belief in God over a lost cousin or spouse or brother or sister somone we loved dearly who we lost in our lives. To be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord. Know this and be confident within yourselves. We should comfort one another with that. Unless they didn't die in Christ. That is precisely why we should be spreading the word so that people can be saved and go to Heaven! I used to think Heaven was such a generic place. Just a good place to be after death where angels play harps and we move around in clouds all day and such nonsense. Until I read testimonies, books, and NDEs on people that have actually visited Heaven and it's full of activity and life and holiness!! Had I read the Bible with understanding I would have figured this a long time ago! There's literally millions of fun things to do in Heaven as well as assignments from the Lord!! Alot of people just won't open their minds to that fact. When the Lord says he will give you the desires of your heart, just what do you think that means?! Anything you ever wanted to do, I bet you $1M it's probably already been invented in Heaven and being enjoyed by millions of folks there. You think it's ridiculous but I know my God! He does NOT lie! When he said this

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

That's precisely what he meant! For some people, he would give you what you ask for on Earth. But I suspect that is only if that is in his will for your life. But most of the times, what we ask Jesus for is material things that don't matter and are not in his will for us. Therefore, it doesn't happen and we are all upset and angry that he didn't do this for us. That is wrong! He may have another plan in store for your life. For instance, I wanted to be an actor. I was THIS close to being signed with a real agency. They were interested in me and I had an interview scheduled and everything. But before I went to it, I asked the Lord if that is what he wanted for my life. Give me a sign that it's not. And the next day, everything is alright and cool. I went to school. I was using my cell phone as usual. Come the afternoon, my cell phone shuts off and doesn't come back on! It's brand new and it never did that. It was 100% charged from the morning I used it to the afternoon where it was slightly off from that. No matter what I did. I took out the battery and tried to put it back in, I tried to charged the phone but it wouldn't charge!, I called the company. NOTHING WORKED! I knew this was the Lord. I called the agency from my home phone and cut the interview. Come nighttime, I told the Lord I cut the interview and could I please have my phone back because I didn't know what I was going to do. I tried once again to turn my phone on and it TURNED ON!! It was back to the SAME charge BTW!! The Lord was telling me not to take the interview because he has another plan for my life!!

But I know I will get to be an actor one day and it's going to be the best place in the world! Heaven!! You think that's crazy?! You don't know my God then!! You don't know that he does crazy stuff (or what constitutes crazy in your mind) all the time!! Not only can you be an actor in Heaven, you can play sports, you can shop, you can read books, you can attend music concerts, you can go on a boat cruise! The possibilities are ENDLESS in Heaven!! Heaven is where your greatest desires come true!! Because if you think about it, Heaven is an infinity times better than anything on Earth. All the good things we enjoy on Earth and what makes us happy, is what God has prepared for us 10-fold in Heaven. I mean honestly, comprehend this. There is good and there is evil. Where do you think all the good things we experience and enjoy in life go?! They surely don't go to Hell! And they don't stop on Earth either! They continue and manifest in Heaven!

But those are just the desires of hearts! The greatest thing we will be doing in Heaven is worshiping God! Worshiping and giving thanks to the Lord Jesus for saving us from a fate worse than death and bringing us into his kingdom for an eternity!! I don't know about you but that's what I'm looking foward to!! I used to think it was all about my desires. But now I see it's MUCH more than that. It's about him. Jesus Christ, the greatest man of all who died on the cross for our sins so that we could live! Won't you be apart of our family in Heaven? There waiting for you guys! Don't join Satan and his demons and other humans in Hell. Choose Christ. He loves you. But if you harden your heart and reject him and what he has done for you, he will send you where you can be apart from him just like your heart desired. Ask for deliverance from pride and open your heart so you can come into the body of Christ and be saved by the blood of Jesus! Our heavenly family awaits us!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-18-2011 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: because you are baiting the atheists on this board and they have/will answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 PM

7,713 posts, read 12,583,397 times
Come on people who wants to go to heaven?!!! I do!!

Old 04-16-2011, 01:13 PM

130 posts, read 164,133 times
There is lots of great stuff in the thread post from you allen, God is Good and His mercy endures for ever,

Remember, God hit Egypt and God hit the Jews in the wilderness, and God moved to have Gentile countries destroy Israel each time when they backslid, no evil happens in a city with God, he may not do it directly all the time but He does most of it, He knocked Paul off the donkey, He had Titus destroy His own temple given what the Jews were doing there making merchandise of His house, and The Wrath of Lamb is real and God is the Lamb, the Tribulation is from God, and as you very well stated Heaven is all waiting for a few of us don't go the way to a lost state for ever. Remember who He is, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, people every where don't got it, living reckless,

He loves enough to take all the eternal damnations in one day about 2000 years ago, even yours, can't imagine, Him paying it and not then accepting Him His Way and having to be punished for ever for what God paid for, people have Gone to hell too and come back and stories of both place are on divine revelations you can look it up on the web and read "Prepare to meet your God", 18 year old girl God takes her to heaven and hell for 23 hours, It will show you what allen is talking about eternal both directions, it is one or the other.

God Bless, with love Timothy

Old 04-20-2011, 02:01 PM

33 posts, read 75,679 times
Psalm 37:13 "But the Lord laughs at the wicked for He knows their day is coming.

God gave humans free will. Yes, there are people who choose to do horrible things (murder, rape, etc.) and unfortunately sometimes it does happen to good people or even children. However, death is the destination of every human being and He knows a child is better off being in His Kingdom anyways. And He knows that the evil person will be greatly punished for their wickedness.

All temptation and evil comes from Satan, not God. James 1:13 "When tempted no one should say "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone...After the desire is conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

James 1:16 "Don't be decieved dear brothers, Every good thing and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity