Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times

Advertisements

Christ flesh and to drinks His blood is to have eternal life,

John 6:50-56 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?"
Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

John 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 2:14-15 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Heb 9:11-15 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Thanks for sharing, TheWordisOne. I believe that eternal life is aionios life, literally translated as the life of the age. It is the life of knowing God that believers have in this age and in the age to come. I believe that it refers more to the quality of life that we have because of our relationship with God, which He has so graciously given us. We have His Spirit living in us and we are able to walk in His light and have the blessings associated with this. We are no longer residing in darkness, but are able to become overcomers. Jesus said that this life is knowing the only True God and Jesus Christ, whom He sent (John 17) This life, aionios life, is living within us today and will be in the age to come.

1 John 3:14-17
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer and you know that no murderer has aionios life in Hiim. This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true and we are in Him that it true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and aionios life.

Although believers are promised immortality, I believe that this is not the same as aionios life. If we know God and are walking with Him, we are promised immortality in the coming age, but we have aionios life today.

Timothy 1:8-11
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the time of the ages, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

1 Corinthians 15:50And this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood the reign of God is not able to inherit, nor doth the corruption inherit the incorruption; 51lo, I tell you a secret; we indeed shall not all sleep, and we all shall be changed; 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, in the last trumpet, for it shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible (aphthartoi) , and we -- we shall be changed: 53for it behoveth this corruptibleto put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality; athanasian,) 54and when this corruptible may have put on incorruption, and this mortal may have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the word that hath been written, `The Death was swallowed up -- to victory; 55where, O Death, thy sting? where, O Hades, thy victory?' (YLT)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-02-2009 at 07:31 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times
Red face Plenty of humility

[quote]
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
You have learned very well, I believe very much touch the hearts of those who wish so much to be brothers and sisters, and to show Christ's elite in this part of their some of us that we truly walk in the lights of the Holy Spirit. I bless you in the name of the father. AMEN

Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
You are very kind, TheWordisOne. I believe that you have learned very well and are a blessing to others. God's blessings to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity