Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:19 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Mystic, could you respond to this? Not sure if it got past you. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
This is answer to Mystic's post from the CSM thread (this thread is more appropriate):

Ok, let's back up a few steps. Since you have admitted your acceptance that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and that Jesus is the Word, please tell me how you interpret the following:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You[c] must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[h]

Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I haven't had time to respond, Alpha . . . but it was not counter to the word of God. I have explained it in several other places in the forum. It was completely experiential . . . no "communications with Spirits" or whatever . . . and a complete surprise. I had been meditating for 18 years using various techniques as a Buddhist atheist seeking Nirvana . . . oneness in the absence of desire. I was achieving deeper states in meditation under conscious control when the breakthrough occurred. It was the complete opposite of my expectations. I experienced a feeling of profound joy . . . AS IF a crowd was cheering "He's Alive!" . . . but there was no crowd, no sound . . . this is just the closest analogue of the impression I experienced. It is the type of "knowing" that exists routinely in the dream state where nothing in the dream content provides any basis whatsoever for your "knowing" . . . but you just "know." This was followed by a sense of "oneness with everything and complete love and acceptance" . . . again a "knowing." Unlike what I expected . . . a loss of individuality . . . my "observer" consciousness sensed a multiplicity in the oneness. Regardless . . . it left no doubt in my mind that God exists and led to my extended philosophical. spiritual and scientific journey to identify the source of this experience. It inevitably and unambiguously led me to Jesus whose loving character so clearly matched what I had experienced.
So if someone asked you today about Jesus, salvation, and God.....how would you answer?

What are your thoughts on the Bible?

On Christ's death and resurrection?

If someone said "Mystic, who is Jesus", how would you answer?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Similarly to Mystic, in my moment of awakening I was not meditating but was laughing and crying simultaneously at having finally found a truth I could know in my heart.

I felt the veil between this world and the other temporarily fade. I felt a group - very powerful, maybe 12 beings, gathered looking down upon me. Jesus was among that group. I could sense him clearly.

I sensed one of them say, "And so it begins."

It was quite a beautiful moment.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:22 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,282 times
May I just say that there is some Satanic deception going on here. And that this deception is coming into this forum in the form of persons who at various times use biblical sounding terminology but who in fact are not biblical in their thinking at all.

They deny the essence of who Jesus is. God in the flesh. An externally existant being who exists apart from us as His own person. A being who we can get to know and that we can please by faith in His unseen presence.

They sow confusion.

And to the degree that this "Christian" forum allows such persons to continue to sow their deception as though it is acceptable Christian thought...this forum becomes a very dangerous place. Where Christians coming here must be on their constant guard to avoid falling into deception themselves. Never mind those who are not Christians and might be seeking!

It seems to me that Satan is alive and well among us here and that his demons (not referring to persons per se but rather to spirits that are moving in and through various persons here), dressed to look like angels of light, are sowing exactly what Satan would want sown here.

Carlos

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Santa!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
May I just say that there is some Satanic deception going on here. And that this deception is coming into this forum in the form of persons who at various times use biblical sounding terminology but who in fact are not biblical in their thinking at all.

They deny the essence of who Jesus is. God in the flesh. An externally existant being who exists apart from us as His own person. A being who we can get to know and that we can please by faith in His unseen presence.

They sow confusion.

And to the degree that this "Christian" forum allows such persons to continue to sow their deception as though it is acceptable Christian thought...this forum becomes a very dangerous place. Where Christians coming here must be on their constant guard to avoid falling into deception themselves. Never mind those who are not Christians and might be seeking!

It seems to me that Satan is alive and well among us here and that his demons (not referring to persons per se but rather to spirits that are moving in and through various persons here), dressed to look like angels of light, are sowing exactly what Satan would want sown here.

Carlos
Amen, brother. I just mentioned the same thing to someone else. This "Christianity" forum is a very dark place that has been infiltrated by apostasy, humanism, and worldly traditions. Satan indeed has a grip on this place, and it is up to us to shine our Light into this darkness. The evil spirits scream the loudest when they are called out, and the only way to rid them is to continue to stand up for Christ (the true Jesus of the Bible). We must stand strong in our faith, and pray that God uses us for His glory. There is much work to be done here if this forum ever has a chance to become Spirit-filled. This is a call for all born-again believers to put on the whole armor of God!

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Passage from BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Ephesians 6:10-20

Old 03-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Onward Christian soldiers!!!

I'll get the pot of boiling lead! You bake the cupcakes!

Jesus wants a WAAAARRRRR!

(I believe one can see in these last few posts why more people throughout history have been killed in the name of God by those who claim to be killing in his name than for any other reason).

God bless all of you. Seriously. Life is so beautiful.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Onward Christian soldiers!!!

I'll get the pot of boiling lead! You bake the cupcakes!

Jesus wants a WAAAARRRRR!

(I believe one can see in these last few posts why more people throughout history have been killed in the name of God by those who claim to be killing in his name than for any other reason).

God bless all of you. Seriously. Life is so beautiful.
So you tell us that carolina_guy, carlos123, and myself are good examples of people who want to kill non-Christians and then sugar coat it with a 'God bless you all'?

Nice!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post

They sow confusion.

Carlos
I agree with everything here Carlos. Bless you!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
So you tell us that carolina_guy, carlos123, and myself are good examples of people who want to kill non-Christians and then sugar coat it with a 'God bless you all'?

Nice!
Add me to that list Alpha.

And to keep this on topic...yes, I am born again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity