Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Actually, there are only these types:

1. Those who believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, sent by the Father in heaven to make amends for our sins, so that we will have eternal life through the Living Water. We accept and hold to be absolutely true that we must confess and repent of our sins, and ask forgiveness. We believe that Jesus died and rose 3 days later. We believe He is now with the Father building us many mansions and that we will reside with Him one day. We have eternal life through Jesus Christ.

2. Those who do not believe #1 and they will find an eternal damnation is a very real hell.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Jesus is up there with the hammer building a subdivision, huh? Must have gotten a good deal on lumber.

Okay. I guess that's that. No willingness to even consider a deeper experience in Christ than your own...

I guess I'll have to end abortion without you.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Jesus is up there with the hammer building a subdivision, huh? Must have gotten a good deal on lumber.

Okay. I guess that's that. No willingness to even consider a deeper experience in Christ than your own...

I guess I'll have to end abortion without you.
Yes, my Jesus said this. Since your jesus is false, you wouldn't know this.

John 14

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM

My Jesus is Love and love is always the truth.

Now you think he's actually building mansions. Leave me alone with your literalism.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:

Now you think he's actually building mansions. Leave me alone with your literalism.
You reject the true Jesus who is love AND is Savior to those who accept Him as such. You also reject the very words of Jesus proclaimed 2,000 years ago. You are a false prophet by definition. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing, and until you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior and Ruler of your life, you will indeed be destined for hell. So, in reference to the OP, are you born again? I say with an emphatic no, you are not by definition of the Word. I pray you will drop the cloak of the wolf, and become one of the Shepherd's sheep. I would then be able to call you my brother in the Body of Christ.

Edit to add: I know the above sounds harsh, but it is true that you can be labeled a false teacher when you bring your teachings into a Christian forum. I would not call you out like this if you were among your own. But when one comes to a Christian environment, even one that may only be merely labeled as such, these teachings must be rebuked. It is not I who says your destiny is hell because of your current understandings and lack of faith in Jesus Christ, it is the Lord Himself. I pray you will turn from the wicked spiritual world you feel so enlightened in, and come to know the Living Bread and Water where you will never go hungry or thirst again.

Last edited by carolina_guy; 03-09-2009 at 07:52 PM..

Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Yes, it is you - and only you - who says my destiny is hell.

please. enough.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is you - and only you - who says my destiny is hell.

please. enough.
It is Jesus, not I:

Revelation 21:6-8

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,282 times
Quote:

How about if you show us the way by leaving those of us who trust what the Bible says to discuss...well...what the Bible says on a Christian forum?

I mean you don't want to accept a literal reading of what the Bible says for what it is and yet you come on here and expect us to take your words for the literal truth as to how to experience God even to the point of calling someone a fourth grader if they so much as question your words, which are literal if they are nothing else.

If you are not open to a rational examination of what you say...then you have no right to condemn a literal reading of the Bible by any rational basis at all.

Carlos

Old 03-09-2009, 08:55 PM

You don't have to have the last word. I get your point. It's the same point in every post.

I read the Bible and can't fathom how anyone could believe it is the inerrant word of God.

You believe differently. That's great.

Please. Your dark energy is affecting me.

Mercy. Uncle. Tap me out.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
How about if you show us the way by leaving those of us who trust what the Bible says to discuss...well...what the Bible says on a Christian forum?

I mean you don't want to accept a literal reading of what the Bible says for what it is and yet you come on here and expect us to take your words for the literal truth as to how to experience God even to the point of calling someone a fourth grader if they so much as question your words, which are literal if they are nothing else.

If you are not open to a rational examination of what you say...then you have no right to condemn a literal reading of the Bible by any rational basis at all.

Carlos
The number of Christians that would be excluded from "your" forum if only literalists were allowed on would be staggering. Christianity has many sects and is far more alive and diverse than any of you would like to admit.

I have never ONCE asked anyone to take what I say as literal truth. You keep projecting that upon all of us because that is the only scope from which you perceive this world. It is very carnal.

I have shared my experiences - the truth and reality I have experienced and nothing more. If you would listen you would see that they provide some insight into the nature of mankind and his relationship to the great unknown. But you do not want to listen. Like any idea or experience that challenges your worldview, you have blocked it out with accusations that I am being deceived.

I'm fine with that, Carlos. I'm fine with being deceived if that's what's happening. Because in being deceived I have been taught how to end abortion, how to end war, how to end poverty, and how to walk this earth as Jesus did - with all seven chakras illuminated.

If some guy someday approaches me when I die and starts pestering me about not spending my time worshipping him, I will tell him that I was doing so by spreading love and peace throughout humanity as best I was able.

I see nothing of worth to me in your path. I'm sorry, but I don't. No Bible verse will ever convince me otherwise, even though I am well aware that there is profound wisdom and prophecies in the Bible that could be interpreted many different ways depending upon the stage of one's journey.

You accuse me of not embracing a rational examination, but I am yet to encounter a rational examination of what I say on this forum. I have requested it. I have asked for anyone to ask their God for leniency and experience what I have experienced to try and understand it - or at least to listen to it. I have asked to be challenged. I have only been met with quotes from the bible and you telling me you're right and I'm wrong.

Please tell me the university or peer-reviewed publication where that line of rational examination would hold muster.

I'll say the same to you:

Your dark energy is affecting me.

Mercy. Uncle. Tap me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity