Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Of course children are not little adults
Huh???
Quote:
and we have no ability to become gods. That is ridiculous. You are rejecting the supreme authority of God and are relying on your own humanist arrogance to justify your religious structure. If one does not accept the Bible as the final authority and leans to his own human understanding as the basis of truth, the truth is not in him. These are not my words, but God's. You may call yourself spiritual, religious, or anything you like, but you cannot legitamely call yourself a Christian.
Why do you DENY the use of the term children of God and Sons of God and ignore the implications? What are sons? . . . They don't replace the Father but DO GROW UP. Why should we stay mired in primitive fears and concepts preventing the very maturation in Christ that should be our goal.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:44 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Carolina Guy,
You stated"Sounds like something Rick Warren would say. Absolutely nothing to do with asking forgiveness of your sins from God." I don't have to seek forgiveness from God. He does that the very second we err. I am the one who needs to forgive myself for erring. And those messages are enlightening to me. You don't have to believe anything but the CULT you already follow.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
You religious fanatics are all alike. Saying "I'm better because I have this little book telling me what to do and act and how to dress and blah, blah, blah". YOU don't know everything and you most certainly don't know God because He would never tell anyone what to do or read or anything else. He gave us all FREE WILL TO DO AS WE PLEASE and find Him for our selves. You follow someone else without doing the work for yourself. Thats what religion is. I found God all by myself and I know without a doubt I will become At-one with Him and not just remain in His image. I'm sorry that some of you don't believe in Him that strongly but it is a fact. Heaven is not at all like what is depicted in the bible and neither is hell. Hell is just a place to purge your most evil sins. Most people won't end up there but the ones who do are only there temporarily. Then we move on. The bible preachers put fear into men and women so they can remain in control. Believe me, there WILL come a day when the bible is gone. No more. Ever. And you will be saying "Lord, Lord, I served you so well by believing in that material book that man made me believe in ". And you will be the one weeping. And It will be up to you to rid yourself of those false beliefs you've been living with. Get over your fear, live your life to the fullest potential that God gave you and stop judging others because they don't follow your path. God loves EVERYONE of us no matter what we believe.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:14 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Huh??? Why do you DENY the use of the term children of God and Sons of God and ignore the implications? What are sons? . . . They don't replace the Father but DO GROW UP. Why should we stay mired in primitive fears and concepts preventing the very maturation in Christ that should be our goal.
You are attempting to define God in human terms, which isn't possible since God is not man. But for what it's worth, we may represent traits of our human fathers, but we will never become our fathers. Likewise, we may strive to become "like" Christ (not become Christ). This maturity in Christ means we should strive to be like him in our actions and the fruit we bear, but that does not mean we will become Christ, or even close to who Christ is.

And why do you keep referring to fears? I have no fear and am not imprisoned by any law. I have freedom in Christ as all born-again believers should have.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Carolina Guy,
You stated"Sounds like something Rick Warren would say. Absolutely nothing to do with asking forgiveness of your sins from God." I don't have to seek forgiveness from God. He does that the very second we err. I am the one who needs to forgive myself for erring. And those messages are enlightening to me. You don't have to believe anything but the CULT you already follow.
Christ may have died for everyone's past, present, and future sins, but this is a gift that one must ask for. If you do not ask forgiveness of your sins while also confessing and repenting of these sins, then you have not gained forgiveness or salvation from God.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:26 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
My authority is not the church. My authority is the Bible and any extrabiblical teachings are insignificant. And no, I do not respect the catholic church.
Okay, then don't shed any tears when I say I don't respect what you are posting. Fair is fair, right?

You can think/feel/proclaim/shout it from the top of the highest mountain in the Carolinas that Catholics are lost and going to hell - but make sure you say that to Jesus Himself when you see Him on judgement day. You might be surprised at all the Catholics you find He accepts.

God Bless.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM

111 posts, read 179,810 times
Some research gave me this information. It is from he Gospel of John and has commentary for Verse 34. It should give thought

Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law: I said you are gods. If he called them gods, to whom the word of God was spoken, and the scripture cannot be broken; Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God?

Commentary by Rev. Geo. Leo Haydock: This is addressed to princes established to govern the people of God. They are the image of God on earth by the authority they exercise, and which they have received from Him. ---- It is written in your law, (under which were also comprehended the Psalms) I have said: you are Gods. Christ here stops the mouths of the Jews, by an argument which they could not answer, that sometimes they were called Gods, who acted by God’s authority.

I have said: you are Gods. Psalm 81 (82) 6: I said, You are gods: all of you sons of the Most High.

Last edited by Tweedlydee; 03-08-2009 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: removed misplaced punctuations,

Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You religious fanatics are all alike.
I am not a religious fanatic. I am a born again believer in Christ who died for me so that I will not know death. To die in this body is to be with my Lord. But I will not experience the second death, which is eternal hell. Those who do not accept this free gift of salvation, will experience the second death indeed.

Quote:
Saying "I'm better because I have this little book telling me what to do and act and how to dress and blah, blah, blah".
I am not better than you. I have merely found the truth in Christ Jesus. The foundation of my faith are the very words God inspired men to write. These are not words of man, but the Living Word of God.

Quote:
YOU don't know everything and you most certainly don't know God because He would never tell anyone what to do or read or anything else.
And how do YOU know this? Where do you find what God wants for you? Where is your moral and spiritual authority? Mine is in Scripture--God's breathed word. This Word is also Christ.

Quote:
He gave us all FREE WILL TO DO AS WE PLEASE and find Him for our selves.
Yes, we do have the free will to make a choice to live or die. Through Christ, we live; without him, we will surely die. The decision is ours, but eternal life is not automatic. You must accept the free gift of salvation which is in Christ Jesus according to God's sovereign plan found in Holy Scripture.

Quote:
You follow someone else without doing the work for yourself. Thats what religion is.
Again, I do not adhere to religion. I put my faith and trust in Jesus who I have a personal relationship with.

Quote:
I found God all by myself and I know without a doubt I will become At-one with Him and not just remain in His image.
You are admitting that you saved yourself, when it is Christ who saves us not by our own works, but His.

Quote:
I'm sorry that some of you don't believe in Him that strongly but it is a fact. Heaven is not at all like what is depicted in the bible and neither is hell. Hell is just a place to purge your most evil sins. Most people won't end up there but the ones who do are only there temporarily. Then we move on.
This thread isn't about the authority of the Word. It is about CSM infiltrating Christianity. There are plenty of other threads to discuss being born again and the eternal consequences of not being saved by God's grace. I respectfully ask you take this conversation there.

Quote:
The bible preachers put fear into men and women so they can remain in control. Believe me, there WILL come a day when the bible is gone. No more. Ever.
I agree with you here. However, not as you perceive it. There will indeed come a time when we will no longer need the Bible--and that time will be when Christ comes back and establishes His Kingdom. We will be living with the Word, so it will no longer be necessary to read these words, because the Word will consume our total being.

Quote:
And you will be saying "Lord, Lord, I served you so well by believing in that material book that man made me believe in ". And you will be the one weeping. And It will be up to you to rid yourself of those false beliefs you've been living with.
So please tell me where you gained this knowledge? Was it one of the ungodly spirits that speak to you?

Quote:
Get over your fear, live your life to the fullest potential that God gave you and stop judging others because they don't follow your path. God loves EVERYONE of us no matter what we believe.
I absolutely live my life to the fullest because of the freedom I have in Christ.

I am not judging you or anyone else. I also did not invite you into this thread, which is about discussing the deception of CSM and its threat to Christianity. Ironically, you find it acceptable to believe we may all get to heaven through the same path, but it is not acceptable for me to believe there is ONLY one path.

And yes, God does love all of us but he hates wicked sin. We would all die to sin if He did not sacrifice His only Son for us. Those who choose to believe in this sacrifice will be saved. This is my belief, this is what makes me a Christian. There are false teachings infiltrating the Body of Christ, and CSM is one of them. If your body is infected with illness, do you not do what is necessary to stop the spread of infection? How do you think Muslims if new teachings were being introduced in their mosques? They would likely decapitate the perpetrators. I am merely pointing out these false teachings in a peaceful manner. This thread is for Christians to gain a better understanding of these false doctrines. If you want to discuss what it means to be a Christian, please go to the appropriate thread.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Okay, then don't shed any tears when I say I don't respect what you are posting. Fair is fair, right?

You can think/feel/proclaim/shout it from the top of the highest mountain in the Carolinas that Catholics are lost and going to hell - but make sure you say that to Jesus Himself when you see Him on judgement day. You might be surprised at all the Catholics you find He accepts.

God Bless.
Sure, no skin off my back. I don't need you to respect me as this is not about me.

I have never said all catholics are going to hell. If a catholic has followed the plan of salvation as outlined by God's perfect word, then they will be saved.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:53 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

God Bless.
Carolinas knows Catholics have head of the line privledges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity