Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You won't even consider the possibility that men twisted divine words to ensure that all would go through the church to reach Christ, will you?

It's logical that they would condemn any direct experience in Christ. Who needs them when you've got the big guy yourself? You can't just assume these statements are of God.
Apparently you need to read the bible that you so readily discount as not important, bluefly.

The bible does not teach that you have to go through the church to reach Christ...in fact, it teaches the opposite.

The veil representing the need for a human intercessor between God and man was torn at the time of Christ's death.

Did He not tell you that when you met Him?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unfortunately your attitude is a prime example of a lack of belief in the existence of ONE GOD and supplanting it with a belief in ONE SET OF BELIEVERS in God. It is utterly preposterous to assume that the Supreme God of the Universe would select only a handful of mindless robot pets performing ten obedience tricks to please their Master in hope of reward or avoidance of punishment! What of the rest of God's creation? Boundless absurdity!
I answered you here: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ml#post7804066

Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
THE COMING DIVISION WITHIN THE IDOL OF EVANGELICALISM

By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Jan 8, 2009 in AM Missives, Current Issues, Features

[Jeshurun] abandoned the God who made him and rejected the Rock his Savior. They made him jealous with their foreign gods and angered him with their detestable idols. They sacrificed to demons, which are not God (Deuteronomy 32:15-17).

Worshiping God The Way They Want God To Be

As Apprising Ministries has been pointing out recently e.g. Phyllis Tickle and the Emerging Church: It’s Not If Sola Scriptura Ends But When the Emerging Church rebellion against the final authority of God’s Word is right now massing for an all-out offensive against the Bible. This cult of postliberalism has had a good 10+ years now in order to inflitrate the leadership structures of your mainstream evangelical community and plant its Contemplative Spirituality/Mysticism, which is simply a reimagined version of the Counter Reformation spirituality of apostate Roman Catholicism.

Unfortunately this is itself a judgment from God upon a sad state of affairs with the American Christian Church wherein they erected a “thing”; an idol, that they have called evangelicalism. With it has come a slew of big businesses, oops ministries, that have become the “Evangelical Untouchables.” However, while this Christian elite has been busy having conference after conference in major US cities (ever seen these guys come to Your Town, USA?) telling each other how much they are doing for Christ these wise sages have actually embraced their own demise.

Because meanwhile through its relentless re-education process among younger pastors and ministers the cult of the Emergent Church has been busy redefining Christian terminology just as their liberal forebears did in the original cult of liberalism. Now we have a new form of spiritual idolatry as we are witnessing a world-wide spread of a postevangelicalism rooted in a postmodern theology. I might only be a high school graduate but even I can see it: Liberal theology aka Modern theology has morphed into Postliberal theology aka Postmodern theology.
More here: Christians Under the Influence of Another Spirit - Rapture Ready

Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Apparently you need to read the bible that you so readily discount as not important, bluefly.

The bible does not teach that you have to go through the church to reach Christ...in fact, it teaches the opposite.

The veil representing the need for a human intercessor between God and man was torn at the time of Christ's death.

Did He not tell you that when you met Him?
Do you enjoy mocking my spirituality?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:50 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unfortunately your attitude is a prime example of a lack of belief in the existence of ONE GOD and supplanting it with a belief in ONE SET OF BELIEVERS in God. It is utterly preposterous to assume that the Supreme God of the Universe would select only a handful of mindless robot pets performing ten obedience tricks to please their Master in hope of reward or avoidance of punishment! What of the rest of God's creation? Boundless absurdity!
Religion is really one big Pavlovian experiment when you think about it.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Do you enjoy mocking my spirituality?
Whoa!

Shall I pull quotes regarding the bible from your posts?

If ya can't stand the heat and all, right?

I'm not really mocking you though.

You claimed a personal meeting with Jesus and He died to provide a way back to God for man.

It's in the bible that you mock.

And I would figure surely that if you met the real Jesus He would tell you that what you think about His Word is incorrect.

That's not mocking....that's a fact.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM

You are not yet ready for this conversation, Alpha.

You assert belief as fact.

God bless you.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
You are not yet ready for this conversation, Alpha.

You assert belief as fact.

God bless you.
Oh, I'm ready. I'm not the one leaving.

Are your beliefs not fact?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:27 PM

They are merely experiences.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
They are merely experiences.
Oh, ok.

Well then we seem to be in agreement.

As long as you admit that experiences are not necessarily fact, then we can agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity