Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react?
Rage, rejection, and disown right away. 3 7.89%
Lecture ,counsel, and punish the child until he or she is straight. 2 5.26%
Remain neutral and pray for the best, but refuse to engage in the GLBT community. 13 34.21%
Support and understand the child's decision and remain accepting of the GLBT people. 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
haha - now, even if you combine all 3 of the first ones, we're still winning.

Love will rule in the end!
There are no winners with sin.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I enjoy engaging in conversation with Biblical literalists, but I don't really like talking to you.
Cool.

Quote:
You come across as a very angry and combative person and have made up your mind that your beliefs are right and everyone else's are wrong.
Not angry at all, combative maybe, but no anger, actually concern for other.

Quote:
Sorry. It's just not an energy conducive to civil discourse or to ponder the love at the heart of Christ's wisdom.
But what of His words?

Quote:
For the record: I didn't say Christ was "primitive". I said the people interpreting his teachings and those dictatiing his life were primitive. Just as today when people dictate conversations with God one must always be wary of the human filter.
He confirmed the OT, His Spirit is the Spirit which indwells the believer, therefore He has shared His word thru His scribes. Yes you can be wary of the human filter, but dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
You are angry, get some therapy. Who are you to say who is Christian and who is not. I have not read one constructive post of yours. You are judgemental, intolerant, and unkind. Again, you are hiding behind Christianity for your own agenda.

Hmmm...WWJT?
And you just judged me, how ironic. No look closely, very closely, show me where I have done anything that is not Biblical. Jesus said "Go and sin no more" He never said tolerate sin, He never said not to judge someone fruit, and he did not say you had to be nice. I hide behind nothing, I am open and out front. Perhaps you need therapy for your denial of the truth.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You are so far off on that. I struggled with same sex attraction for a little while, but I made my choice and never gave into the desires. That has been 25 years since I made my decision and the struggle is so miniscule now it practically does not exist. So no I am not and have never been gay because I have never given into the urges. The reason I am so against homosexuality is because I know from personal experience it is a choice and can be over come. Also for spiritual reasons I realize it is against Gods will and I wish for no one to suffer for eternity because of a fleshly decision. I care about the gays and do not wish evil upon them and I love them enough to tell them they are wrong.

So you're either one of two things

-Gay, and just so repressed that you've forced yourself to believe the lies you've heard.

or

-you're gay. If you've ever been with a man or thought about it for this many years you're gay. Heterosexuals don't think about or have sex with people of the same gender. Those are your options so pick one.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
So you're either one of two things

-Gay, and just so repressed that you've forced yourself to believe the lies you've heard.

or

-you're gay. If you've ever been with a man or thought about it for this many years you're gay. Heterosexuals don't think about or have sex with people of the same gender. Those are your options so pick one.
Nope, I have had same sex desires and never acted on them. Nobody forced me and I havent been lied to. I see the Bible so clear now and I wasnt even a Christian when I resisted and decided to seek out female companionship. My father told me the truth and when I met my wife she continued to help me because I was honest with her.

So no gay here, I do not associate myself with my desires but with my actions and even then as Paul said"at one time you were these things but no more. So I am washed by the blood and that particular temptation holds no power over me.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Nope, I have had same sex desires and never acted on them. Nobody forced me and I havent been lied to. I see the Bible so clear now and I wasnt even a Christian when I resisted and decided to seek out female companionship. My father told me the truth and when I met my wife she continued to help me because I was honest with her.

So no gay here, I do not associate myself with my desires but with my actions and even then as Paul said"at one time you were these things but no more. So I am washed by the blood and that particular temptation holds no power over me.
I say Praise God! Only through God can we over come any temptation.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
I would call in an exorcist!! Just kidding , I would treat it just the same as if he were continuing in any other sin. He would know that I love him but will not accept his behavior.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How will you react as a Christian if your child turned out to be gay or lesbian?

Turned out to be gay
But anyway, If I had a child who gained this lifestyle, I would continue to pray, trevail, and love them all the way to grave. In Jesus Name
Amen

Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
He can offer Christ all he likes, Christ knows he has nothing without Gods permission.
No, he cannot give that which he does not own, which is the entire world that he created.

Quote:
]

Go ahead and believe what tickles your ears, but Christ confirmed the OT therefore proving it is not of Satan and that Satan did not create this world, Jesus did or do you forget John 1, In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.
I believe the truth, which is what the Anti-Christ, i.e., the Nicene Churches, have been trying to bury sense the beginning. Of course Christ was with GOD at the beginning, because before the beginning their was the word, i.e., the wisdom of GOD (Sophia) and Christ was with it...that directly contradicts Genesis which says "In the beginning, there was nothing, a total void of darkness". Satan was just born and just in what would be the universe and hence, he was in darkness, while Christ was with GOD, and hence, was with the word at the beginning.

GOD was around before satan, our creator, was created by accident, so of course, the word was their at the beginning.

[/quote]
Christ did away with the serimonial laws such as dietery and cleanliness laws, but He maintained the moral laws.[/quote]

Honoring the sabbath is a "serimonial law", so why didn't he do away with that one too? And how are two people loving eachother "illmoral'? It is simply people pick and choosing what out of the OT to believe. Disobedient children are supposed to be stoned to death and women are the property of their husbands. It is the result of people thinking Christ was the messiah of the OT, which he clearly wasn't.

Believe what is easy to believe, i.e., what every body else believes, or believe the truth, and one will see that thinking the GOD of Christ and the god of the OT are the same people is like trying to push as square peg through a round hole.

Quote:
If you read the NT you would realize this. Homosexuality is still condemned in the NT just as fornication, rape and adultry are still condemned.
Homosexuality is only kind of condemned by Paul, and even there things are not quite clear (Romans 1:27-26) as it is unknown wither it is meant that the "unnatural acts" meant that it was unnatural for them or unnatural in general.

Also, Paul, as well as Luke, never even met Christ. Hence, his words mean little to nothing and anything in the NT he wrote should be thrown away, as most of the words attributed to him were not written by Paul but by a bunch of Othodox Christians a hundred years later.

Hence, most Gnostics do not listen to what Paul wrote. Worth reading, perhaps, but it's wrong on most fronts.

Quote:
Please read your Bible and study it, it will help you out alot.

I have read and studied the NT more than most. I have also read that which the antichrist, the Nicene Church, does not want us to read, which are the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Phillip, the Pistis Sophia, The Reality of the Rulers etc.

Hence, I understand that Satan created us for his play things, and the stupid laws of Moses are mostly just there for his amusement, kind of the way Mao banned dancing Hitler banned Jazz. It's just the sort of thing despots do, be they human despots or the greatest despot of all, Yaldaboath, our creator.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
Quote:
Nope, I have had same sex desires and never acted on them.
Heterosexuals don't have those thoughts. I have many straight male friends and none of them have passing thoughts about being with a man or felt the need to pray or get help over it or tell their wives about struggles with thinking about men. If you've been battling it for this long, whether you've acted out on it or not, you're gay. A car is still a car whether it gets driven or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity