Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I agree. Although natural looking implants are ok, in my opinion.
I wouldn't throw em' out of bed for eatin' crackers..

even if they couldn't whistle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 02:15 AM

381 posts, read 798,948 times
i don't think a woman who gets implants has done anything wrong, especially if her husband pays for it. But I bet she paid for it since woamn now outnumber men in the workforce.

I don't think implants are the problem. I just think there are alot of lonely people out there that are now using church as a place to meet and socialize.

I went to a different church one sunday with a male freind and family man because our kids spent the night. after the service, we both were "hit on" by two single woman who just assumed since we were together, we were available. I was flattered but I this is the problem, not cosmetic surgery.
Lonely people , who even at church ,still don't realize that Jesus only can fill the void of their broken heart. he did mine. my wife couldn't do it. no person can do it.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:43 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,243 times
I think they have nothing to do with religion and are purely aesthetic thing like make-up and jewelry.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
I think they have nothing to do with religion and are purely aesthetic thing like make-up and jewelry.

don't underestimate the needs arising from "purely aesthetic thing[s]"
(and women's inferiority complexes!!!)

Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 AM

18 posts, read 25,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Most women I see going to church today, whether they "dress up" or "dress down" wear make up. Ostensibly to make themselves more attractive to the men in the congregation......I'm sure Jesus is not impressed........and considering men are hardwired to appreciate a woman's more prominent "assets" and that it is not likely the lipstick, cologne, powder, foundation, mascara, eye liner, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc is going to go away any time soon and as such, are acceptable in most congregations, outside of costs, is there any reason why a woman should not have implants? If there IS a problem with it, would you have the same problem with liposuction?

If there is no problem, and you are male.....we should go for a beer sometime.....

If there is no problem and you are female......we should go for a beer sometime as well.......
I think that it was Paul who said that everything we do, should be done by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
If someone is God centered in all that they do, then much of what they do (especially large decisions) will be done unto Him (the Lord). Including make up, implants and the rest.

If someone is not God centered, then very little they do will be done by faith. They will find themselves struggling to find their self worth and value in God, and therefor be tempted to find it in the world around them, which will then govern what they value in themselves and in others.
By going this way the odds of attracting a like minded (similarly centered) person or potential mate greatly increase.
Like a self fulfilling prophecy, the consequences are inherent.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking manna View Post
I think that it was Paul who said that everything we do, should be done by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
If someone is God centered in all that they do, then much of what they do (especially large decisions) will be done unto Him (the Lord). Including make up, implants and the rest.

If someone is not God centered, then very little they do will be done by faith. They will find themselves struggling to find their self worth and value in God, and therefor be tempted to find it in the world around them, which will then govern what they value in themselves and in others.
By going this way the odds of attracting a like minded (similarly centered) person or potential mate greatly increase.
Like a self fulfilling prophecy, the consequences are inherent.

the fruits of (at least) 2,000 years of such "faith" can be seen through your contemplation ...

Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
i don't think a woman who gets implants has done anything wrong, especially if her husband pays for it. But I bet she paid for it since woamn now outnumber men in the workforce.
Huh? What difference does that make.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
I believe that each thing we do to improve our appearance is rooted in the fact that we don't accept ourselves (not to mention others) as God accepts us.

Is it wrong? Ultimately, I believe it is; but it's just another symptom of our nature. To be freed from it is to have us all released in freedom and joy - and the world would be full of ugly people.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

is there any reason why a woman should not have implants?

June just needs to state up front (no pun intended) that she is not a believer, and as such, hasn't a genuine clue as to how the Church, Christianity, or Jesus and "biblical teaching" would view or address this one. However, this much June is almost willing to bet her life on:

-That the vast majority of men, (Christian or otherwise) would probably have little difficulty coming up with sufficient doctrine, dogma, and accompanying bible passages in order to "endorse" the above in a collective "AMEN!."

(Which June truthfully wouldn't regard as a bad thing, on their part.)

We're all human.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
I think people should be encouraged to accept & love themselves as they are-- that they aren't 'junk' that needs 'improvement.'

while I certainly don't see anything 'wrong' with wanting to look one's best, the trend toward pushing people to believe they're not acceptable as they are is negative and dangerous... and worse yet, these messages are being aimed at younger and younger kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity