Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,117,383 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm weird, but theological questions such as these are best approached with a meditation first on who God is. What has He revealed Himself to be?

Now consider how those revelations effect the other questions you have. Is He sovereign? Can any overthrow His will?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 20 days ago)

14,560 posts, read 9,587,526 times
Having raised 4 kids (heathens... I'm kidding), and now adults, I told them it was like the smart alec-ey kid who sits in the back, shoots spitballs, never gets caught, but is always the one who starts the trouble. If you raise your hand and tell the teacher "lil" Johnny did it... he always has a good excuse 'cause he's smart, and he knows how to make the teacher like him. Always sit far away from him but keep him where you can see him. The best thing to do is avoid him, and who his friends are... and he will have lots of friends, you know the big guys who can beat you up after school. He will be a bully but use other kids to bother you, and maybe start a fight.

He never will sit in the front of the class. He will always be nice when he wants something and if he doesn't get it he'll bring his bad friends the next time. He picks on the weaker kids and makes friends with the bigger kids.

Keep it simple... and explain in a way kids can relate. School is where they spend most of their time away from home.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,298,216 times
IMHO, the image of a mean wicked fiery character is as wrong as the image of Jesus as a fair haired blued eyed man walking through immaculate
stone villages.

Both images, or any for that matter, come from our own imagination and experiences.

However, good and evil are IMHO real. And we Christians believe that good and evil is not limited to the terrestrial.

I would merely explain to a child that evil is the absence of good. And if he really presses you on an "image" of the devil. Think of the image that personifies the absence of anything good, of something violently opposed to good. Because any terrestrial image we can conjur up will be lacking in it's wickedness.

It may be a good opportunity to discuss with him what Love is

Old 01-01-2010, 03:16 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,938,192 times
When he Is old enough to recieve Jesus Christ into his heart then take him to a Healing and deliverance service of the Lord God and give him a witness of demons leaving people there the power of Holy Spirit..... Maybe a crusade of a Healing Evangelist where there is evidence of Holy Spirit in a profound way. ...Other wise if these Children go to public school then they may never come to Jesus.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Explain Jesus's truimph over him , rather than talking up the power of Satan

Paralyzed paralyzed Satan lost the battle Jesus won the fight The enemy is conquered Restoring ev'ry right Satan has been paralyzed

Verse 1 Slewfoot groans and trembles At the sound of Jesus' name Jesus Jesus Jesus Thank God for Jesus' name

Verse 2 The devil is a blabbermouth Distorting ev'ry fact But the truth is he's a loser Since Jesus broke his back

Verse 3 He walks about as a roaring lion Seeking whom he may devour But since Jesus knocked his teeth out All he can say is meow

Satan Has Been Paralyzed [David Ingles]

Old 01-01-2010, 07:52 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,455,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Explain Jesus's truimph over him , rather than talking up the power of Satan

Paralyzed paralyzed Satan lost the battle Jesus won the fight The enemy is conquered Restoring ev'ry right Satan has been paralyzed

Verse 1 Slewfoot groans and trembles At the sound of Jesus' name Jesus Jesus Jesus Thank God for Jesus' name

Verse 2 The devil is a blabbermouth Distorting ev'ry fact But the truth is he's a loser Since Jesus broke his back

Verse 3 He walks about as a roaring lion Seeking whom he may devour But since Jesus knocked his teeth out All he can say is meow

Satan Has Been Paralyzed [David Ingles]
Love, love, love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:30 PM

150 posts, read 300,116 times
How about some Bible verses that describe him instead of someones preconceived ideas?

Isaiah 14:12-21
Ezekiel 28:11-19
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
Revelation 12:1-17

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM

20 posts, read 27,766 times
well my parents told me this when i asked about the devil
he was an angel named lucifer who thought he was as good as god. he fought god and lost and was sent to hell. he is trying to find a way to beet god but will never find it

Old 02-07-2015, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,302 times
My grandson is nine years old and has the same questions. Why would God make anything bad like a bad angel. If God gives us free will, than why did God wipe out everything, hence Noah's Arch. I am reading my grandchildren the children's bible and now my 3 year old grand daughter is telling everyone that she does't like angels, that they are bad. As an adult, we have a better understanding but I have two different ages I'm dealing with. Help?

Old 02-07-2015, 10:09 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammie101 View Post
My grandson is nine years old and has the same questions. Why would God make anything bad like a bad angel. If God gives us free will, than why did God wipe out everything, hence Noah's Arch. I am reading my grandchildren the children's bible and now my 3 year old grand daughter is telling everyone that she does't like angels, that they are bad. As an adult, we have a better understanding but I have two different ages I'm dealing with. Help?
Clever, perceptive kids. You're blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity