Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When the Rapture Occurs, I will...
Having heard of the Rapture before, I would know Christ came for His church and I would immidiately seek His redemption 5 20.83%
I won't know what happened and will seek answers from any and all sources 4 16.67%
It must be the aliens! 9 37.50%
Great, Christians are gone and I'm looking forward to hell 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,003,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Since you're planning on being raptured, why not just give me all your stuff right now?
Sweetie, you can have everything I own. Oh, you have to ask my son first, though. I think all he wants is my car so you can have the rest.

Raptured is just the dying of the flesh. Nothing more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 11:59 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,629,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
From what I understand about rapture, it only means the death of the human body is never known and when we wake in Heaven or darkness, we become immortal. So the only rapture we'll experience is when we die here on earth. Now I know you only asked the nonbelievers but I feel I fit that category since I do not believe the bible is the word of God and that Jesus did not die for our sins. I do believe in God and that He is my Father whom I will see someday.

If you take this verse "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself." (Philippians 3:20-21), it means that when we pray for and receive Divine Love to the degree in which Jesus did while He was here, we will be in the same place as He is. If not, we will go to the lower heavens and have to progress until our souls are filled with Divine Love.
Jesus has still not seen God so, as you can see, it takes thousands and thousands of years to see God. Some people never see God and only remain in the natural love heavens.
What I mean by Rapture is Christ coming back for His church, the Body of Christ, and snatching us away from earth to be with Him. This constitutes the end of the church age. Those who believe in Christ (according to the Word of God) will disappear during this occurrence. Millions around the world will vanish in the twinkling of an eye. This is what it means to be Raptured according to Scripture.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,497,880 times
Quote:
1) I've heard about it, and I dismiss the chance that it will ever happen. The way you phrased the question is deceptive. Rephrase it, offer some non-fantastical responses to choose from, and you might get a better reception.

2) As far as the "prophecies", I dismiss the bible and all its vague "prophecies" as nothing more than a book of myths and interesting stories, with small nuggets of fact (like cities that actually existed) to make it fool believers into thinking it's all true.

3) The world is not going to end in Rapture, Armageddon, Hell/Heaven, fulfilled "prophecies" or anything else of a religious or supernatural nature. It will end in a few billion years when our sun goes nova and burns it up. Humans may very well end before that, who cares? It won't be from anything biblical.

4) If a bunch of people suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, I dismiss any chance that it would be supernaturally based. There would most definitively be a scientific reason for it.

So yeah. I laugh at the thought of any "rapture". It makes a good fairy tale, just like Santa Claus and the boogeyman do.
You are wrong. But your rejection of Jesus as some kind of Santa is your choice. I pray you will just open your heart and ask God himself to showyou the truth. Seek and you will find. No fairy stories.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,661,906 times
On the topic of your poll, I understand that the premise is that it "will" happen. But you should still have an option that reads:

"This will not happen in the way conservative Christians believe it will, so therefore I have nothing to worry about".

There are those who believe that the rapture is a physical mythological construct used to illustrate a deeper psychological occurrence. It still constitutes the end of the Church Age, just not in the manner that you belieive it does.

That is a valid perspective on this issue and should be included.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,003,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
What I mean by Rapture is Christ coming back for His church, the Body of Christ, and snatching us away from earth to be with Him. This constitutes the end of the church age. Those who believe in Christ (according to the Word of God) will disappear during this occurrence. Millions around the world will vanish in the twinkling of an eye. This is what it means to be Raptured according to Scripture.

If you put it that way, it'll never ever happen. Jesus will only come back when our planet has reached Light and Life (heaven on earth). That's it. You won't even be here when that happens so you might as well forget "being raptured" and taken away.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
1)
4) If a bunch of people suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, I dismiss any chance that it would be supernaturally based. There would most definitively be a scientific reason for it.
Thank you for your answer.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Since you're planning on being raptured, why not just give me all your stuff right now?
All yours when I'm gone!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I don't believe that those who have rejected Christ will ever be saved after the rapture. They have rejected the truth and when the rapture takes place, the church will be gone - and then a strong delusion will come over all on the earth. Maybe those who do come to some kind of redemption (?if they are ever the same as the Bride of Christ/the raptured church/the church down the ages) are those who never actually mocked or rejected Jesus and the gospel. Best thing non-believers, is pray and ask God to show you the truth. If you are open in your heart and truly seek you will find, then you won't have to hang around on earth when all hell (literally)breaks out.
Very true. There will indeed be those saved after the Rapture as there are tribulation saints, but that's a huge risk to take since there's a great possibility one will be deceived by the great deception and hearts turned cold forevermore.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,900,821 times
Quote:
Sweetie, you can have everything I own. Oh, you have to ask my son first, though. I think all he wants is my car so you can have the rest.

What, your son isn't planning on going with you?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Please do not inject other meanings of the Rapture. There is a specific definition for this thread, so please start a new thread if you would like to debate the Rapture itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity