Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When the Rapture Occurs, I will...
Having heard of the Rapture before, I would know Christ came for His church and I would immidiately seek His redemption 5 20.83%
I won't know what happened and will seek answers from any and all sources 4 16.67%
It must be the aliens! 9 37.50%
Great, Christians are gone and I'm looking forward to hell 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Sorry, Pascal's Wager is not a valid argument on the matter.
Well, we both stand by our beliefs then...

Psalms 14:1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Many Christians will be stunned, too. Only the Bride of Christ is going in the rapture, those who are without spot, wrinkle or any such thing.
Nope, all those who are in the Body of Christ, which is all believers. There is no partial rapture. What you are saying is only perfect Christians will be raptured, which there are none.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
This statement is full of deceit.
There is no "deceit" in that statement. Are you accusing Moonsavvy of lying?

Quote:
After the rapture, it will be hell on earth; there will be all out judgment from God.
But see, this is your opinion. There are billions of people on this planet that do not believe in a rapture.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Well, we both stand by our beliefs then...

Psalms 14:1
Perhaps, but at least I've got some solid scientific evidence for mine.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

But see, this is your opinion. There are billions of people on this planet that do not believe in a rapture.
But what I find so interesting is that when (if, in your perspective) 1/2 a billion people disappear into thin air, you won't even remotely consider it could have been the Rapture of the Church. Why is that? If you are as objective as you say you are, why not look into all sources, including the Bible? Moreover, there will be beaucoups of prophecies to be fulfilled after that in short order, so why not follow those and see what the Bible says is true? Not very objective at all if you reject a source without researching it.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Nope, all those who are in the Body of Christ, which is all believers. There is no partial rapture. What you are saying is only perfect Christians will be raptured, which there are none.
Say what you want, it matters not. I'm repeating what Jesus said.

Jesus said, Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36 Remember, He was speaking to believers who are saved and en route to Heaven.

Also, the 10 virgins parable is speaking of those 5 foolish virgins who will not go in the rapture. Finally, the Book of Revelation speaks about the Saints left in the world during the tribulation period.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Jesus said, Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36 Remember, He was speaking to believers who are saved and en route to Heaven.

Also, the 10 virgins parable is speaking of those 5 foolish virgins who will not go in the rapture. Finally, the Book of Revelation speaks about the Saints left in the world during the tribulation period.
You are mixing legalism with grace. You are also saying we are saved by our works, not by our faith in Jesus Christ. Of course we must continue to strive for sanctification, but not even Paul felt this assurance when he wrote to the Philippians. Jesus completed His work on the cross for those who believe. You are saying that we must be perfect, so what is the litmus test? Are you saying the holiest among us, should he, say, slip to his former self and become drunk one evening, will not be raptured because he sinned? Do you not sin? And since you sin, what if Jesus comes back when you are sinning? Let us not forget that there is none righteous, no NOT ONE.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:

His Jesus is better than your Jesus.^

Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
His Jesus is better than your Jesus.^
Same Jesus, different perspective of Him.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I don't believe that those who have rejected Christ will ever be saved after the rapture. They have rejected the truth and when the rapture takes place, the church will be gone - and then a strong delusion will come over all on the earth. Maybe those who do come to some kind of redemption (?if they are ever the same as the Bride of Christ/the raptured church/the church down the ages) are those who never actually mocked or rejected Jesus and the gospel. Best thing non-believers, is pray and ask God to show you the truth. If you are open in your heart and truly seek you will find, then you won't have to hang around on earth when all hell (literally)breaks out.
What church will be gone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity