Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times

Advertisements

^^^^And all of God's people say, Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I'm not here to argue or say that you are not a Christian, because you can call yourself anything that you like. But that does not mean that you are. A Christian will show that they are a follower of Christ by the fruit of their spirit and you are not bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit by the teaching that I see that you believe.

The bible clearly says that Jesus was talking with Moses and Elijah, not Gabriel or Melchizedek. You are clearly confused and lost. Who ever taught you this stuff really messed up your idea of who God is and His Word. The stuff that you believe sounds so out there, it sounds like you learned this stuff in the twilight zone or either you made it up, or created it.

If you believe in God's Word, then you would understand why so many on here are confused to what you are claiming to be. It would be like me saying that I am Muslim, but I dont believe in Allah, but worship Jesus. The two does not add up.

Also you said that you are following Jesus, but Jesus did not teach what you are teaching. It is obvious in the bible that Jesus is dieing for sin, because it says it in the bible.

It is a very scary thing that you are a minister and I hope that you are not teaching people your belief, because if you do, you are sending alot of people down the wrong path, if not Hell. You will be responsible for the souls that you lead astray, because you are a false prophet. Your belief is far from the bible and I hope that you come to the light.

This stuff sounds so ridiculous i hope that you are kidding, if not I feel so sorry for the people that you minister too because they are listening to someone who is deceived and teaching a doctrine from satan.

What you are believing in is not of Christian faith and I hope that if you want to be a Christian, then learn what Jesus stands for. You can't teach things of satan and call yourself a child of God.

I feel that things like this make real Christians look bad, because of people who say that they are Christian but are really not. It really upsets me when I hear of people associating the Christian Faith with people who are living in a world of their made up belief or a false belief that someone taught them. I don't want to be associated with this, and of false doctrines.

What ever you do please stop calling yourself Christian because you are not by the fruit that you are bearing and it is not from God. Everything that you said on here that pertains to the bible is not in there. So, ummmmm that is a red flag for a false prophet who is being lead by satan and his teachings.
Well said!!!!!!! I say AMEN!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I'm a Divine Love CHRISTIAN! I do not confer with satan. He has not been able to manipulate anyone since Jesus has been here. And Lucifer has been admonished since the mid 80's. Sorry you don't keep track of spiritual news.
Now, if you will reread the post, you will see VERY CLEARLY I did not mention praying outloud and it specifically states to take the prayer to God. Now if that is working for satan than I feel very sorry for you. I am a promoter of Divine Love. You misinterpreted it the wrong way.
Yea, but everything else that you mentioned clearly states that you are not following the teaching of Jesus. I feel so very sorry for you also because you are teaching people a false doctrine. I'm only concerned because you are going to be responsible for the souls that you are leading astray.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
You guys can ridicule me and make fun of me all you like. I've answered the OP's question. My soul is fine and I walk with God. I'm sorry your box keeps you locked tight and your minds can't comprehend that the spirit world is not what you believe.
God loves me and your words don't hurt one iota. They only hurt you.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:41 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
juj, you have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have any idea what Reverend has been espousing? It's contrary to any Christian belief. Get off your high horse.
I don't agree with him at all. I am just trying to make the point that every denomination of the Protestant world thinks they are right. The Reverend is wrong on the point of Jesus not dieing for our sins.

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! - John 1:29

But he could be right about things you are wrong on. Who's to say because the whole Protestant world is really just a man, his Bible, and his opinion. If you look at the trajectory of what happend since the Reformation, you can see that the Protestant world is just growing further and further apart.

I hope that I am not on a high horse, but rather humbly serve as a member of the right horse, the horse Jesus Christ, Himself, created.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:15 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I don't agree with him at all. I am just trying to make the point that every denomination of the Protestant world thinks they are right. The Reverend is wrong on the point of Jesus not dieing for our sins.

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! - John 1:29

But he could be right about things you are wrong on. Who's to say because the whole Protestant world is really just a man, his Bible, and his opinion. If you look at the trajectory of what happend since the Reformation, you can see that the Protestant world is just growing further and further apart.

I hope that I am not on a high horse, but rather humbly serve as a member of the right horse, the horse Jesus Christ, Himself, created.
Please let us know what the Reverend is right on? And heaven forbid any person trust the Bible as their authority instead of an organization who's leader kissed the Quran.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:44 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Please let us know what the Reverend is right on? And heaven forbid any person trust the Bible as their authority instead of an organization who's leader kissed the Quran.
You are missing my point. I don't really care what and who the Reverend represents. He's just noise.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You guys can ridicule me and make fun of me all you like. I've answered the OP's question. My soul is fine and I walk with God. I'm sorry your box keeps you locked tight and your minds can't comprehend that the spirit world is not what you believe.
God loves me and your words don't hurt one iota. They only hurt you.
I'm not ridiculing you or making fun of you because this is not a game. People souls is nothing to play with. Yes, you are right that God loves you as well as everyone else.

But your teaching and what you believe is not in scriptures. Jesus is clear on His teaching and I encourage you to study and research what Jesus is really about. When the bible says that Jesus is talking to Elijah and Moses, you can't come up with your own doctrince and say that He is talking to Gabriel or who ever. It is clear and says that Jesus died for our sins, but you also have come up or was taught wrong on what Jesus did.

This is not a game and if you are teaching people this, you are hindering and hurting more than you are helping. You say that you read the bible, but some of if not all of that you are talking about are not even in the bible and there is no evidence of your teaching. So where did you learn this stuff from, because if is not in the bible?

God says that He will never do anything to contradict His Word, and God does not lie. So, if God says that Jesus died for our sins, He want teach you that Jesus did not die for sin. God is not a liar. So, who ever taught you that, they were wrong. Or if you are coming up with that on your own then you are wrong and should not be teaching people false doctrine.

You are tipping over the scale of being a false prophet and in danger of leading alot of people away from God with your false teaching and lies.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:48 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restam View Post
Hi-

Don't hate me but I have a serious question I would like to ask.

OK. So I don't believe in a literal omnipresent, omnipotent, all-knowing God and I don't see my feelings changing anytime soon.

HOWEVER, I do believe and accept the philosophical teachings of Jesus and based on what I know I do have quite a few christian morals and ethics.

If I were to join a church, is there a particular denomination I should look at and know that my beliefs would be respected and I would not be looked down upon?

I come from a non-religious upbringing in a non-religious state but may be moving...alone...to a city in the bible-belt sometime in the next few months and I would definately be looking at ways of meeting people

Any suggestions?
I think you are mainly looking for places to meet people, not a place to meet with believers to worship..Remember that every time you leave your house you have the opportunity to meet people wherever you go..
You sometimes have to take the initiative to smile, offer a random act of kindness and just be able to say "Hello"..If you work, that's a start..Maybe even in your state forum here you will find people in your new town? Good luck with the move and in making new friends

Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 AM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Wow, you have this amazing ability to completely ridicule those who don't see things the way you do. I'd be interested in knowing which Biblical verse you use to justify such a condescending attitude.

I'm also interested in knowing which Christian leaders you have respect for, CG. Would you provide a list for me please? I'd like to research them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity