Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM

593 posts, read 1,787,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Why can he no longer preach about that?
He attempted to explain to me that "seekers" wouldn't understand it. I told him they'd learn it the same way we did and that he better preach on it as that's our atonement...."Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiviness of sins!"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,867,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I absolutely agree.

This message is for all: I am strongly against the teachings of RW, but let's not turn this thread into that. We can start another thread refuting RW's teachings. Thanks!
The only reason I put my opinion about Rick Warren in was because it was asked. I agree!!!!!!! I don't want this to become a Rick Warren bash. I have already been there and it does no good.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,623,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The only reason I put my opinion about Rick Warren in was because it was asked. I agree!!!!!!! I don't want this to become a Rick Warren bash. I have already been there and it does no good.
Oh, that wasn't towards you specifically, it was to everyone including myself.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:48 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,277,769 times
Quote:
Read the rest of Glenn Beck's interview with Joel Rosenburg here: Millions of Muslims Turning to Christ ~ Bible Prophecy Today
I think this is wonderful because their blind eyes are being opened to the truth. Following a false prophet like Muhammad want get them into Heaven, Jesus will. Just another example of Christ power bringing Muslims back to Himself, back to the person that created them and his name is not allah.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,867,199 times
Quote:
Read the rest of Glenn Beck's interview with Joel Rosenburg here: Millions of Muslims Turning to Christ ~ Bible Prophecy Today
So if he is turning Muslims to Jesus in this way, would they really be saved? Sounds to me from what I have read, this speech at the inauguration, he still gives them their Islam religion along with being a Christian!! The last I checked we can't serve TWO gods.

EARNESTLY CONTENDING: Rick Warren's Politically Correct Blasphemous Inaugural Speech Which, mysteriously has been removed from every video site. I find this interesting. Wonder WHY!!!

The most insulting, blasphemous thing in my opinion that Warren said was calling Jesus “Isa†which is the Qur’an’s name for the prophet “Jesusâ€. Isa is not the name of Jesus in Arabic (he should have said “Yasua†which is the proper Arabic name for Jesus), but then again he seems to want to please the Muslims here as he did the Jews with the ‘Shema,’ “Hear O Israel…â€. The Jesus of Islam and the Jesus of the Qur’an is NOT the biblical Jesus. The Jesus of Islam is “another†Jesus (2 Cor. 11:3-4). Warren is guilty of the worst form of equivocation here. This shows his utter ignorance of Islam. If he thinks the Qur’anic Jesus is the same as the biblical Jesus, he has deceived millions who listened to him.

From what I have heard in the Muslim world, you just don't leave Islam religion without repercussions from your family, I find this hard to believe.'No one leaves Islam,' judge rules............'No one leaves Islam,' judge rules

Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So if he is turning Muslims to Jesus in this way, would they really be saved? Sounds to me from what I have read, this speech at the inauguration, he still gives them their Islam religion along with being a Christian!! The last I checked we can't serve TWO gods.

EARNESTLY CONTENDING: Rick Warren's Politically Correct Blasphemous Inaugural Speech Which, mysteriously has been removed from every video site. I find this interesting. Wonder WHY!!!

The most insulting, blasphemous thing in my opinion that Warren said was calling Jesus “Isa” which is the Qur’an’s name for the prophet “Jesus”. Isa is not the name of Jesus in Arabic (he should have said “Yasua” which is the proper Arabic name for Jesus), but then again he seems to want to please the Muslims here as he did the Jews with the ‘Shema,’ “Hear O Israel…”. The Jesus of Islam and the Jesus of the Qur’an is NOT the biblical Jesus. The Jesus of Islam is “another” Jesus (2 Cor. 11:3-4). Warren is guilty of the worst form of equivocation here. This shows his utter ignorance of Islam. If he thinks the Qur’anic Jesus is the same as the biblical Jesus, he has deceived millions who listened to him.

From what I have heard in the Muslim world, you just don't leave Islam religion without repercussions from your family, I find this hard to believe.'No one leaves Islam,' judge rules............'No one leaves Islam,' judge rules
You quoted the OP and neither the OP or Joel Rosenburg says anything about RW converting Muslims. We got sidetracked when bigthirsty asked questions about RW.

At any rate, I agree with everything you said.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM

90 posts, read 133,978 times
Quote:

whatever

thatswhat the press says

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
whatever

thatswhat the press says
Just a question so please do not get offended. What makes you so sure Islam is correct and Christianity is wrong?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
whatever

thatswhat the press says
And the many Muslims I have personally heard with their own mouths that they have converted from the deathly grip of Islam.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,805,239 times
Quote:
And the many Muslims I have personally heard with their own mouths that they have converted from the deathly grip of Islam.

Hey where is Fundy, he married a former Muslim. Then you have the Caner brothers who write alot of books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity