Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You did exactly what I thought you'd do, contradict yourself.
How so? I was saved by Yahweh before I picked up a Bible. He does not need anything or anyone to save people. I use the Bible to grow closer to Him. It confirms what took place in me many years ago. How is that contradicting?

Perhaps you should be straightforward and say what you mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 07:00 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I don't think there was a contradiction whatsoever. Prayer and the Word is our life force as Christians. These two things are all consuming for us as Christians. We cannot be saved without prayer because we must pray for our Salvation. God doesn't necessarily need us to read the Word first to be saved, but the Word is surely our bread and water.
You don't see it because you don't want to see it.

She said God doesn't need anything (we were talking about The Message, I believe) and then she said all that's necessary is a bible and prayer. So now I guess what she REALLY meant was that The Message isn't necessary only what she perceives as the 'right' bible.

God has really blessed you guys with having all the answers, I hope you realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
How so? I was saved by Yahweh before I picked up a Bible. He does not need anything or anyone to save people. I use the Bible to grow closer to Him. It confirms what took place in me many years ago. How is that contradicting?

Perhaps you should be straightforward and say what you mean.
I did say what I meant.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:26 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Quote:
She said God doesn't need anything (we were talking about The Message, I believe) and then she said all that's necessary is a bible and prayer. So now I guess what she REALLY meant was that The Message isn't necessary only what she perceives as the 'right' bible.
Dear brother, this is not the case. She said the following in response to the means by which people come to the saving grace of God--and she is correct that God does not "need" anything or anyone to draw people close to him for reconciliation.

Quote:
Yahweh needs nothing to save people.
You then asked the following, which was a totally different question from the first response:

Quote:
How might a gain a better understanding of your belief? How would you lead me to what you consider to be the Truth? What ALL is involved in arriving at the place you are at right now?
Her response was this:

Quote:
There are only two things necessary. The Bible and prayer.
Her 2 answers were completely independent of each other. On one hand, she says nothing is needed by God to receive one into salvation; on the other hand, you asked her what are her foundations of understanding, and she replied that only the Bible and prayer are necessary.

Do you not see this?

Quote:
God has really blessed you guys with having all the answers, I hope you realize that.
I do not claim to have all the answers, brother. I am merely pointing out that I disagree that she contradicted herself. I am also merely a seeker of the truth, which is only absolute in God's word. I am the least among the brethren as I have a very large cross to bare. But we are to rightly divide the Word and expose false teachings when necessary.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:

I did say what I meant.
I am curious as to what your motive is? I do not feel a kindred spirit here but one that wishes to divide the body.

I think C_G explained things pretty well so I don't feel the need to address the matter further.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I am curious as to what your motive is? I do not feel a kindred spirit here but one that wishes to divide the body.

I think C_G explained things pretty well so I don't feel the need to address the matter further.
My motive?

My motive is to try and get my brothers and sisters in Christ to stop executing others in the body who are trying to glorify our Father's Kingdom.

But you and CG have at it, I've tried to show the error of this condemnation to fellow Christians in other threads and it goes either right over heads or in one ear and out the other.

The same measure you use will be used against you and we will be judged for every word we utter.

God bless.

ETA: I am not defending the 'emerging church' movement. But everyone labeled heretic by google isn't necessarily so.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
My motive?

My motive is to try and get my brothers and sisters in Christ to stop executing others in the body who are trying to glorify our Father's Kingdom.

Who do you think is trying to glorify the Father's kingdom? Rick Warren perhaps? His new age guru's on his board?

But you and CG have at it, I've tried to show the error of this condemnation to fellow Christians in other threads and it goes either right over heads or in one ear and out the other.

Some of us have to defend the faith against tares. Be careful that you are not one of them.

The same measure you use will be used against you and we will be judged for every word we utter.

The same measure that you chose to bait others with will also bait you.

God bless.

ETA: I am not defending the 'emerging church' movement. But everyone labeled heretic by google isn't necessarily so.
Here is a good article about The Message and it's fallacies.
What kind of message is* The Message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Here is a good article about The Message and it's fallacies.
What kind of message is* The Message

And why don't you check out CG's glowing acceptance of RW's words as long as he didn't know who it was that wrote them: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ut-please.html

And what version of the bible do you read? I want to see what google has to say.

CG mentioned the NIV....let's see what google has to say about the NIV (which is also the translation I read every day.)
NIV calls Lucifer "Jesus"

Sodomite, Chairman of the NIV Committee!

Is Zondervan Evil, a publisher of NIV Bible « One Voice Crying in the Wilderness (ironically linked to Rick Warren there, CG should love explaining that one)

Is the NIV the Word of God?

The NIV Says False Prophets Should "Emasculate" Themselves!

THE NIV - FULL OF FALSE DOCTRINE

The NIV - Simply a Bad Translation
Now that was just a real quick search on the NIV....I'm anxious to see what you read so I can maybe help you understand the errors of making blanket condemning statements like have been made in this thread.

I doubt it will accomplish much with you personally, but I'm hoping maybe silent readers will see Truth in this thread.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
And why don't you check out CG's glowing acceptance of RW's words as long as he didn't know who it was that wrote them: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ut-please.html
Alpha, you consider the following "glowing acceptance"?

Quote:
I didn't catch that and I think you are right, although I voted option #1. But I also agree with Alpha that we cannot truly repent if we don't love God first. Having said that, it would have been wise to include confession and repentance of sin in the text.
How so?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Thought for the day.."google ain't gospel"

Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Thought for the day.."google ain't gospel"

... but can represent, and even substitute for it ... too many deputies that would otherwise be out in the streets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity