Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,172,054 times

Advertisements

I just had to share this with you all.

It was SO funny...

Somebody emailed this to me today...

Quote:
My Late client has willed you forty Five Millon Dollars.
I left the spelling error intact.

That's all they said.

I responded with...

Quote:
That's great. Please give it away to some nice charity.

I also have a nice golden egg I'd like to sell you for...well...just $100 cash.

Please send me your name, social security number, date of birth, address, and how tall you are (in inches please) so that we might make arrangements for me to sell you my golden egg.

Carlos
Absolutely hilarious!

Just something funny I wanted to share with you all.

Carlos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
I hope you don't have this idea copyrighted, because this is what's gonna happen every time I get one of those emails....hahaha...really funny!

Actually, it gives me an idea. I'll just shoot an email back and witness to 'em!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I hope you don't have this idea copyrighted, because this is what's gonna happen every time I get one of those emails....hahaha...really funny!

Actually, it gives me an idea. I'll just shoot an email back and witness to 'em!
You know what is really odd?

Lately I've been getting a ton of such emails from supposed Christians on their death beds who are looking for a good, upstanding, Christian to give their money to. So that they might use it for the furtherance of His Kingdom or some such.

Can you imagine?

Using God to promote a scam!!??

I've written back to some of these folks and told them that they don't know who they are trifling with. God will judge them for using His name that way.

Carlos

Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Don't respond, just DELETE!!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM

Yeah...deleting might be best but sometimes I just want to give them back a little of their own medicine or else say something in the hopes that some of them will come to their senses.

Like carolina_guy said...sometimes it's good to try and witness to them in the sense of throwing them a question or two to see if they bite.

Some of the email originators are probably poor Africans who barely have enough to eat and are just trying to make ends meet. I don't want to come down on them too hard.

For the life of me I just can't figure out how they make any money unless it's from persons who are so gullible that they send out all their contact details which results in identity theft.

Carlos

Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Unfortunately, you will probably now get about 10 x the spam. They know it's a valid and active email address now.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:06 AM

Could be but since it's a throw away address...it's worth the fun of giving back some of their own medicine. I've responded like this before and my spam problem is really no more bigger than it's ever been. In fact I would say that most oftentimes it's even less though I certainly don't attribute that to my once in a while responses to such spam.

I attribute that to the fact that I process my email so quickly and delete spam so quickly that I hardly even notice it.

Though the particular one I quoted caught my eye for being so...well...short.

Carlos

Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Funny.

Uh... will ya take 50 bucks for the egg?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Uh... will ya take 50 bucks for the egg?
Well...between you and me Oakback, seeing as you are a member of this forum...I don't have no egg LOL.

I just made that up but, don't tell the person who sent me that spam...okay?

Of course if you want to send me $50 for the golden goose who inspired me to make up that golden egg...well, forum member or not, I might just be willing to accept your money. I mean if you absolutely want to send me money for such things...who I am to tell you can't? LOL

Carlos

Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM

Here's a new one I responded to earlier. I am not sure it's very Christian of me to respond the way I did but here's what I said...

Quote:
Hi Mrs. Brooks,
I am so overjoyed at your crediting me with 6.8 million dollars! I am beside myself with happiness. Overwhelmed with the thoughts of what I might spend my money on!

Trouble is that...

I am an illegal alien and can't really give out my real name. I hope you can understand that.

As for my address...I am homeless and have none.

My age? Well if truth be told I am 89 as far as I can remember and I am presently unemployed (no one will hire me at my age).

I have no phone given that I am homeless (I hope you can understand that).

And my bank account was terminated due to going into overdrafts too many times.

Still I am so thankful for you wanting to give me 6.8 MILLION DOLLARS! That's very gracious of you. No one has ever done that for me before!

I am salivating at the mouth thinking of all the buffet meals I will be able to buy with that! I have been so hungry as of late.

How can you get the money to me?

Please advise.

MRS LINDA BROOKS wrote:
> * *
> *CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION*
> * *
> *6.8 Million Dollars has been credited in your favor,Contact Mrs Linda Brooks
> for more details an*
> *send me your full information such as :*
> * *
> *1)Full Name:*
> *2)Full House Address:*
> *3)Age/Occupation:*
> *4)Phone Number:*
> *Regards,*
> *Mrs Linda Brooks*
> *Secretary*
> *CC:*
> *ALLEN PETERS.*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity