Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
You are exactly right with what you said. And yes we should be humble. But also, yes, the liberal ideology is what is destroying this country and even our collective faith. Should we not stand up, or at least even discuss the evil actions (according to God's Word, not mine) of our leaders?
Really, "liberal ideology" cannot destroy us personally... what I mean is, God is stronger than that. He can keep us. We don't need to fear. I agree with you that it does have an effect on the country, though.

But back to my first post, the world (of which the earthly government is a part) has always been, and will always be, opposed to Christ's way. It's two different paths. Black and white. Trying to combine the two is pointless.. and actually, dangerous.

Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, then would my servants fight." He could have continued and said "Then would my servants try to legislate religion" or "get involved in politics" or even "picket". Two separate kingdoms.

As time goes on, we shouldn't be surprised that the kingdom of the world grows more and more openly hostile to the kingdom of God, that we as God's children dwell in. Unfortunately there's not alot we can do about it.

But we can stand on the Solid Rock! We can make sure that each one of us is filling our own responsibilities God has given us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Really, "liberal ideology" cannot destroy us personally... what I mean is, God is stronger than that. He can keep us. We don't need to fear. I agree with you that it does have an effect on the country, though.

But back to my first post, the world (of which the earthly government is a part) has always been, and will always be, opposed to Christ's way. It's two different paths. Black and white. Trying to combine the two is pointless.. and actually, dangerous.

Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, then would my servants fight." He could have continued and said "Then would my servants try to legislate religion" or "get involved in politics" or even "picket". Two separate kingdoms.

As time goes on, we shouldn't be surprised that the kingdom of the world grows more and more openly hostile to the kingdom of God, that we as God's children dwell in. Unfortunately there's not alot we can do about it.

But we can stand on the Solid Rock! We can make sure that each one of us is filling our own responsibilities God has given us.
Your words are very encouraging even if I don't quite agree with staying out of politics as they conflict with the Word.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
[quote=Alpha8207;7938206]The Scribes and Pharisees were the ones that thought they had God all figured out. They were the talking heads who climbed into the pulpits and lectured the 'normal sinners' about who would and would not be found acceptable to God. They thought their righteousness was found in their relation to Abraham and their hearts and deeds weren't important.[quote]

Those two sentences just discribed the homosexual and pro abortion movements. They believe because they can claim to have the blood of Christ they can do whatever they like and be accepted.

Quote:
The 'normal sinners' as you call them, were the drunkards, liars, homosexuals, and abortionists of the times.
The normal sinners were the ones who knew they had sin in their lives and wanted to get rid of it.

Quote:
Not all of them sought Jesus out, but those that did were set free and embraced by Him.
Correct, the same could be said for scribes and pharasees, remember some of them followed Christ.

Quote:
They didn't have to fight through a storm of shouting to get to the King of Kings. They saw something in Him and His followers that attracted them to Him. Think about it.
I see where you are getting at but you do realize the storm of shouting is on both sides and those who humble themselves and try to reach out in love are trampled for either not being tolerant or being too tolerant.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post

We can do what Jesus and the Apostles did, stand in the public places and preach the word in season and out of season. Preach the truth and risk being killed or ridiculed for our faith. Does anyone here have that kind of faith? Lord I wish I did.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
We can do what Jesus and the Apostles did, stand in the public places and preach the word in season and out of season. Preach the truth and risk being killed or ridiculed for our faith. Does anyone here have that kind of faith? Lord I wish I did.
I wish I had that kind of calling that would require that faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity