Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That Jesus hasn’t returned yet is amazingly a mercy. The world is in a sorry state of affairs because mankind’s free will and Satan’s moment of ruling have made it so. But, to have the opportunity to be rescued from our sin and be granted eternal life by the true King of the Universe, the King who one day WILL fulfill His promises of destroying all evil and establishing His perfect kingdom... well, that life-saving chance is far too important when compared to our present limited time of suffering.

Jesus loves us, and I love Him for being so merciful. He is patient in returning because He wants everyone to have the opportunity to come to repentance and choose Jesus as Savior. Fortified with that knowledge, I think my day just got a whole lot brighter!
Whole article here: The Christ in Prophecy Journal: Why Is Jesus Waiting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
He is waiting for more to be saved 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise to return, as some people think. No, He is patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so He is giving more time for everyone to repent".
But that time will run out some day. Just He came the first time when the time was right (Galatians 4:4), He will return when the time is right.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM

70 posts, read 114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post

Good stuff! Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Jesus waiting on His return is really a loving act of his mercy. If He was to return today there would be alot of people in Hell. So, I can't really say why God is waiting, but I do feel that there is any appointed time for His return.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:20 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Jesus waiting on His return is really a loving act of his mercy. If He was to return today there would be alot of people in Hell. So, I can't really say why God is waiting, but I do feel that there is any appointed time for His return.
He only appears to be waiting for those of you who refuse to see that He already returned as He promised He would in A. D. 70!

The blessed hope has already occurred--live in it. We live and never die; we die and yet we live! Christ reigns now and is with us now--when we die we go immediately into His presence! What blessed hope are you waiting for?

Jesus clearly told His disciples that He was coming back in their lifetime. Read and STUDY Matthew 10 and Matthew 16:27, 28; and Matthew 23, and Matthew 24 and Matthew 26:64. And don't forget the Revelation--John was shown the things which were to shortly take place because the time was then near! Jesus said "I am coming quickly [SOON]!"

Paul expected the resurrection to involve him personally as well as those of his day (see 1 Corinthians 15). Paul expected to be caught up together with those who had died in Christ--in his lifetime! (See 1 Thessalonians 4). The Thessalonians (2 Thes. 2:1f) were told that THEY personally were to be vindicated--that at Christ's appearing He would judge those who had troubled THEM! Please read and study the words. Jesus said He was coming SOON in the first-century--He is not coming SOON to any other generation!

There WAS an appointed time for Him to come--the first-century!

In Christ, Preterist

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
He only appears to be waiting for those of you who refuse to see that He already returned as He promised He would in A. D. 70!

The blessed hope has already occurred--live in it. We live and never die; we die and yet we live! Christ reigns now and is with us now--when we die we go immediately into His presence! What blessed hope are you waiting for?

Jesus clearly told His disciples that He was coming back in their lifetime. Read and STUDY Matthew 10 and Matthew 16:27, 28; and Matthew 23, and Matthew 24 and Matthew 26:64. And don't forget the Revelation--John was shown the things which were to shortly take place because the time was then near! Jesus said "I am coming quickly [SOON]!"

Paul expected the resurrection to involve him personally as well as those of his day (see 1 Corinthians 15). Paul expected to be caught up together with those who had died in Christ--in his lifetime! (See 1 Thessalonians 4). The Thessalonians (2 Thes. 2:1f) were told that THEY personally were to be vindicated--that at Christ's appearing He would judge those who had troubled THEM! Please read and study the words. Jesus said He was coming SOON in the first-century--He is not coming SOON to any other generation!

There WAS an appointed time for Him to come--the first-century!

In Christ, Preterist
Did Jesus also say the Son of Man's coming would be visible to all?

Anyway, it does seem everyone expected him to return fairly soon after his first coming, but I would expect his coming to be a bit more prominent if he came in 70 AD. Perhaps something delayed his expected coming?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 AM

589 posts, read 1,560,233 times
Peterist,

The Bible said JC is coming down with his saints... his feet will touch down on Mt.Olives... and all eyes will see the momentous event. He and the saints will destroy the 200Million army of the AC gathered in Megiddo. Did that ever happened in the past?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He is waiting for more to be saved 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise to return, as some people think. No, He is patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so He is giving more time for everyone to repent".
But that time will run out some day. Just He came the first time when the time was right (Galatians 4:4), He will return when the time is right.
Thanks for speaking this truth

Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Peterist,

The Bible said JC is coming down with his saints... his feet will touch down on Mt.Olives... and all eyes will see the momentous event. He and the saints will destroy the 200Million army of the AC gathered in Megiddo. Did that ever happened in the past?
No, it didn't. You are correct when He comes back with the Saints, ALL will know it.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No, it didn't. You are correct when He comes back with the Saints, ALL will know it.
And ALL will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! Including those who reject Him today and tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity