U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
 
2,949 posts, read 5,078,827 times
Reputation: 1626

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
spm62, I don't think you realize how you come across. It appears you throw out anything the church might happen to believe just because the church believes it....not because it's actually inaccurate.
The fundamental teaching of the church is inaccurate.IMO.
1) satan was an angel..not in the bible. Nowhere does
the bible say lucifer is satan. The church tells everyone that and they
believe it. They splice verses together and tell you this is what the bible
is really saying ..to the very people who say..I only believe it if it`s in
the bible...oh really? The bible teaches the exact opposite!

2) Eternal torture,torment, and seperation from God...not in the bible. It
might be in your english translated version..the one the church
uses..but not part of the original language or teachings of the early
church...but you have to SEEK and STUDY that. Most people just
accept the church`s teaching. The bible teaches the exact opposite!

3) Man has free will and control and we will determine the fate of God`s
creation....not in the bible. The bible teaches the exact oppposite!

4) Trinity...nowhere in the bible. Noone would ever believe in a trinity from
reading the bible if that idea wasn`t put there by the church. The bible
teaches the exact opposite!

The modern church has made a mockery out of the teachings of Jesus,
the bible, and who God is.

The one thing the church has right is that God is the creator... Jesus is God`s son, he was crucified, buried, and has risen for the purpose of reconciling us (creation)to the Father. Even in that, they have distorted it. They believe Jesus is the father and can`t reconcile everyone, only some.
I have no ill will toward you or anyone else because I believe we ALL will be part of God`s family one day..and no that doesn`t mean people get a free pass or ride or whatever you want to call it. There will be suffering and gnashing of teeth. There will be great suffering but only for the purpose of refining. I do not believe I am part of a special club who knows or understands something nobody else knows and the rest are doomed because they don`t believe as I do or they haven`t been enlightened like I have. I understand that God and God alone makes us see. It is not because I have some special knowledge or I am smarter therefore I know the truth and you don`t. I don`t belief I have learned on my own and of my own free will made the right decision and you didn`t so therefore I get to spend all of eternity in bliss while you suffer. I believe God loves everyone the same and if he openes the eyes of one he will do it for all not just a select few. Unfortunately, that is not what the church believes.

Quote:
Again, you can believe what you like about what I posted but as far as I can remember I have never sat under a sermon or a teaching on being 'gods'. It's just not something that I've ever been taught.

Well, except Satan wanted to be God and thought, in fact, he could be even greater.
I know, I have set under numerous sermons saying the same thing. Unfortunately, it`s not biblical.

Quote:
Nuff said for me, if ya know what I mean.
Yea, I know what you mean...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
 
1 posts, read 726 times
Reputation: 10
I'm sorry but all this confuses me. If I read "Made in his image after his likeness i'm taking that one way. In the earth we are God's ( little g for all those who are immature )....... Not the CREATOR but creators...... How else should we take that?????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
 
2,847 posts, read 2,478,163 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Alpha only follows the bible just like any good Christian should. Do you have the gift of interpretation and teaching that the bible talks about? if not how do you know you are correct in your interpretation and is scripture contradicting itself by the Holy Spirit allowing you to believe that's all you need?
- There Is Only One Gift 0f (Interpretation) listed in The Bible.

And it's The Gift 0f Interpreting/The Gift 0f Tongues.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
 
2,847 posts, read 2,478,163 times
Reputation: 579
Josh.22:22 - 'God of gods, the Lord God of gods'

Psalms 136:2 - 'give thanks to the God of gods'

Dan. 2:47 - 'your God is the God of gods"

Dan. 11:36 - 'against the God of gods'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 2,175,460 times
Reputation: 330
EX 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet."
REV 3:21 "To Him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in his throne."

If you talk like Christ and act like Christ with His Words that come to you, you shall be as Moses and Christ who leads people to God. One that gives hope, the Word of faith, and healing for all areas of life.

Yes He is the God of gods and Lord of lords and the King of kings. We are made as gods, lords, kings and priests but in the Heavenly sense. Always subject to the one and only true God. Those spoken of as gods in the Bible were at one time acting like God but fell away from receiving and acting like God and died like men rather than in the noblity that God had called them to.

The mission of Christ is to restore the image of Himself within us, to be as god in as much as a man can receive.

Last edited by garya123; 09-14-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,569 posts, read 11,539,478 times
Reputation: 9367
LORD does not mean to lord over and dominate...The word LORD means keeper of the bread...a trustee..Someone who's job it is to be trusted with the common wealth and make sure that EVERYBODY is fed. As for the God factor...we are a little less than the angels...not quite angels...not fully animals - but little tiny mini gods in an embryonic stage...Humanity does have the potential and capacity to be gods...and GOD intended on this evolution to take place...BUT - there are those in our little heaven called earth that are blockers..."There are violent men who try to take heaven by force"...who are these men..are their men in heaven...on earth as it is in heaven....Is this a heaven that has been damaged by human beings who seek not to be godly but to over throw God...which of course is a futile endeavor.


No human being will ever become a god...or replace GOD....Your father in heaven does not approve of bastardhood. You respect your father ....and your father will provide....To push God aside is as evil as a son crawling into bed with his mother...It is our of order...There is a righteous path leading to order...and we are just to stupid to take it....unwarranted pride...and arrogance...This is the curse of humanity and few will live on earth as in heaven....It's like we have all lost our memory...and where we are....This place was NOT meant to be a hell....Look around- it is a heaven curse by violence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM
 
2,847 posts, read 2,478,163 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
EX 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet."
REV 3:21 "To Him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in his throne."

If you talk like Christ and act like Christ with His Words that come to you, you shall be as Moses and Christ who leads people to God. One that gives hope, the Word of faith, and healing for all areas of life.

Yes He is the God of gods and Lord of lords and the King of kings. We are made as gods, lords, kings and priests but in the Heavenly sense. Always subject to the one and only true God. Those spoken of as gods in the Bible were at one time acting like God but fell away from receiving and acting like God and died like men rather than in the noblity that God had called them to.

The mission of Christ is to restore the image of Himself within us, to be as god in as much as a man can receive.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Status: "02/11/21: I am fully vaccinated. Yay!!!!!" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Salt Lake City
24,228 posts, read 24,687,147 times
Reputation: 11722
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm me View Post
I'm sorry but all this confuses me. If I read "Made in his image after his likeness i'm taking that one way. In the earth we are God's ( little g for all those who are immature )....... Not the CREATOR but creators...... How else should we take that?????
How about that we are gods in embryo, that we have a spark of divinity within us, that we have been given the divine potential to someday become like our Father in Heaven is? The Bible teaches us that God is the father of our spirits (see Hebrews 12:9), that we are His offspring (see Acts 17:28-29) and that we are created both in His image and after His likeness (see Genesis 1:26). If this is the case, then it only makes sense that He gave us life in order that we might attain our full potential. The offspring of a dog is a puppy, capable of becoming a full-grown dog. The offspring of a cat is a kitten, which has the potential of growing into a mature cat. What else should the sons and daughters of God expect to become, if it is their Father's will?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 PM
 
48,385 posts, read 30,312,526 times
Reputation: 6589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How about that we are gods in embryo, that we have a spark of divinity within us, that we have been given the divine potential to someday become like our Father in Heaven is? The Bible teaches us that God is the father of our spirits (see Hebrews 12:9), that we are His offspring (see Acts 17:28-29) and that we are created both in His image and after His likeness (see Genesis 1:26). If this is the case, then it only makes sense that He gave us life in order that we might attain our full potential. The offspring of a dog is a puppy, capable of becoming a full-grown dog. The offspring of a cat is a kitten, which has the potential of growing into a mature cat. What else should the sons and daughters of God expect to become, if it is their Father's will?
We agree . . . but for very different reasons I suspect, Katz. We ARE embryo Spirits in the "womb" of these physical bodies and the "nursery" of this material world. We will be reborn as Spirit upon the death of our physical bodies. All physicality and carnality will be left behind forever . . . as the placenta and afterbirth of any pregnancy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Status: "02/11/21: I am fully vaccinated. Yay!!!!!" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Salt Lake City
24,228 posts, read 24,687,147 times
Reputation: 11722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We agree . . . but for very different reasons I suspect, Katz.
I'll take whatever commonality I can find, Mystic. That's something I'm always looking for in my relationships.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top