U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,816,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

No human being will ever become a god...or replace GOD....
This has always been the objective of Satan .... to replace God with something \someone else.
For Satan that someone is himself.
For humanity it's ... you can be like God or a god.
And that is the lie he still selling .... and there are many who are buying it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 PM

47,997 posts, read 30,210,571 times
Quote:
No human being will ever become a god...or replace GOD...
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This has always been the objective of Satan .... to replace God with something \someone else.
No one is talking about this straw man of replacing God. That is absurd.
Quote:
For Satan that someone is himself.
For humanity it's ... you can be like God or a god.
And that is the lie he still selling .... and there are many who are buying it.
There is no need for Satan to sell anything to those who believe evil things about God, Twin. They are already corrupted in their beliefs. It is just foolish and illogical to think children will forever remain children or that God would want them to. Children mature into adults. THAT is our goal and fate. It has nothing to do with replacing God or any other absurdity in the "precepts and doctrines of men" who think they are special or believe evil of our loving God.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Status: "02/11/21: I am fully vaccinated. Yay!!!!!" (set 7 hours ago)

24,189 posts, read 24,630,783 times
Quote:
No human being will ever become a god.
So God is incapable of making it possible for His children to attain their full potential? Obviously, no human being could ever become a god if it were not God's will. Somehow I guess maybe I don't see Him as quite a insecure as you do. Most fathers would consider it the greatest possible compliment they could receive if their children wanted to become as they are. I don't believe God is any different in that regard from a good earthly father. He's just capable (in my opinion) of making it happen.

Quote:
..or replace GOD....
I'll definitely go along with you on that. No human being will ever replace God. We will always worship God and He will always be the only one we worship.

Quote:
Your father in heaven does not approve of bastardhood. You respect your father ....and your father will provide....To push God aside is as evil as a son crawling into bed with his mother...
Yuck! That's creepy! What kind of convoluted thinking is that anyway?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 AM

31,574 posts, read 17,340,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
What does this mean, haven't I said "ye are gods"?

Jhn 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Lets figure this out, you who call upon the Name of the Most High!
Yeshua asked them IS IT NOT WRITTEN IN YOUR LAWS...Then why do you stone Me for saying the same thing?...

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 561 times
I agree with Alpha8207 -- we ARE Gods! There are several levels of meaning in this quote. The most important meaning is the literal one -- Jesus proclaimed he was the Son of God, and he proclaimed that we are all his brothers and sisters (therefor also Gods), and he proclaimed that we are the children of the most high (therefor also Gods). He was trying to teach that each person carries the essence of God within, that essence is our soul which is eternal. Only our bodies die, but the eternal part of us is much "bigger", older and wiser than our bodies. People have trouble understanding this because they have been indoctrinated that it is wrong or blasphemous to believe such a thing. But we all actually are the essence of God, and that does make us Gods. Lord, I AM worthy to receive you, because I AM You and You ARE me!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

You have to look at the context...Yeshua is quoting THEIR law, and alluding to the fact that they say this of themselves but when He says it, tbey want to stone Him...Notice, also, that He said THEIR law and not THE LAW...

Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandreegon View Post
I agree with Alpha8207 -- we ARE Gods! There are several levels of meaning in this quote. The most important meaning is the literal one -- Jesus proclaimed he was the Son of God, and he proclaimed that we are all his brothers and sisters (therefor also Gods), and he proclaimed that we are the children of the most high (therefor also Gods). He was trying to teach that each person carries the essence of God within, that essence is our soul which is eternal. Only our bodies die, but the eternal part of us is much "bigger", older and wiser than our bodies. People have trouble understanding this because they have been indoctrinated that it is wrong or blasphemous to believe such a thing. But we all actually are the essence of God, and that does make us Gods. Lord, I AM worthy to receive you, because I AM You and You ARE me!
Yeshua never said that He was HaShem...

Old 12-17-2013, 11:11 AM

19,943 posts, read 14,800,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So God is incapable of making it possible for His children to attain their full potential? Obviously, no human being could ever become a god if it were not God's will. Somehow I guess maybe I don't see Him as quite a insecure as you do. Most fathers would consider it the greatest possible compliment they could receive if their children wanted to become as they are. I don't believe God is any different in that regard from a good earthly father. He's just capable (in my opinion) of making it happen.
First of all, I distinctly remember you telling me that the idea of eternal progression did not include man becoming gods. Now, you seem to be suggesting we can. So which is it?

Having said that, how is it in our "potential" to become a God? There is nothing in scripture to suggest it--certainly not the passage where Jesus said "You are gods...". In context, it says nothing of the sort.
Quote:
I'll definitely go along with you on that. No human being will ever replace God. We will always worship God and He will always be the only one we worship.

Yuck! That's creepy! What kind of convoluted thinking is that anyway?
Actually, that's the first sin of mankind -- thinking we could rule our own lives, and that we could become like God. That's why Adam ate of the apple.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM

7,051 posts, read 3,184,209 times
Quote:
Jesus was referring to Psalm 82 v 6 where it is talking about human judges as gods [ Not as Almighty God ]
Human judges were supposed to use God's judgment as recorded in Scripture to judge between right and wrong.

Please also notice Exodus 4 v 16 how Moses would be a 'god' to Aaron, and at Exodus 7 v 1 where Moses was also a 'god' to Pharaoh. Moses and other human judges served in the capacity of being a representative or spokesman for God.

see: 1st Corinthians 8 vs 5,6

Old 12-19-2013, 06:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,504,158 times
Well I guess resurrecting old threads is kinds like raising the dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity