Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
So I've had this thought for a long time. Genesis says that in the beginning god created heavens and earth....so on and so forth and on the 7th day he rested. Right? So when exactly during all this creating did he have all the drama with Lucifer and kick him out? I can't find it.
And you won't find it in the Word. Lucifer was the King of Babylon. The absence of Light is darkness. In the darkness you find all sort of evil that the minds of carnally minded men can come up with. We are originally beings of light, which came from the Father of Lights. This is our spiritual nature, in the image of our Creator. 1st John 1:5 We are called to walk after the Light, and when we don't,,,,,,,,,,,,we fall into darkness.

We all are light bearers. Everyone who claims to be a Christian has the Light of the World shining in their hearts. It isn't hidden under a basket, nor is it hidden at all. It shines for the world to see.

See the beauty for what it is, a perfect creation, for a perfect Father. He is desiring His Sons and Daughters to seek Him out, find Him, and have the unity of relationship with Him, through His Son, since we fell prior to coming into the knowledge of Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
I find it ironic that a lot of people on here say... I only believe it if it`s in the bible. But yet, they turn around and say..i think satan fell here or at this time etc. Of course the bible doesn`t say anything about satan falling or being an angel..it`s not in the bible but the same people who talk about only believing the bible and not man`s teaching believe that satan was an angel... I know the verses the church uses to try and link satan to a fallen angel..so save the time ...but those verses don`t call satan lucifer or an angel. They might if you want to believe the English translated words. But if you really want the truth, you`ll have to search for it. I know it`s not easy and may take a little of your precious time, but you have to look at the original language. Just like the trinity..nowhere in the bible...but people believe what they have been taught and try to splice verses together to make their doctrine. I just shake my head at the people who talk about only believing what the bible actually says but believe everything the church tells them is the truth. We need to start seeking the truth..look at the original language and study it!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I find it ironic that a lot of people on here say... I only believe it if it`s in the bible. But yet, they turn around and say..i think satan fell here or at this time etc. Of course the bible doesn`t say anything about satan falling or being an angel..it`s not in the bible but the same people who talk about only believing the bible and not man`s teaching believe that satan was an angel... I know the verses the church uses to try and link satan to a fallen angel..so save the time ...but those verses don`t call satan lucifer or an angel. They might if you want to believe the English translated words. But if you really want the truth, you`ll have to search for it. I know it`s not easy and may take a little of your precious time, but you have to look at the original language. Just like the trinity..nowhere in the bible...but people believe what they have been taught and try to splice verses together to make their doctrine. I just shake my head at the people who talk about only believing what the bible actually says but believe everything the church tells them is the truth. We need to start seeking the truth..look at the original language and study it!
ummmmm....yes it does. Clear as day. Unless two different beings fell from heaven then you might have a point. Jesus said, I saw Satan fall from heaven? hmmmmm who else fell from heaven? Process of elimination

Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ummmmm....yes it does. Clear as day. Unless two different beings fell from heaven then you might have a point. Jesus said, I saw Satan fall from heaven? hmmmmm who else fell from heaven? Process of elimination
You? From whence did you come from? Seek and you shall find..

Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Look at the context. He gave the disciples authority to heal and cast out devils, they succeed and Jesus comments that He saw Satan falling from heaven. It's as plain as day - Satan was losing his 'high place' of authority as the disciples destroyed his works.

So do you think Jesus was having a flashback to some prehistoric (or historic) fall from God's perfect domain?

"Heaven" throughout scripture denotes authority or rulers. It's root is where we get the word "Heave" which simply means high or raised up.

There is no way that you get a perfect archangel turning evil and falling from God's perfect domain from Isaiah, Ezekiel or Jesus' NT reference to Satan losing his authority.

Also the word "Angel" in the Hebrew and Greek simply means "messenger" and is used to describe men (of John the baptist it says: "Behold I send my angel (messenger) before your face who shall prepare the way before you") as well as ministering spirits.

The word Ev-angel-list is from the same root. It means "a messenger of Good news."

The church through myth and tradition have made the Word of God of none effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
but people believe what they have been taught and try to splice verses together to make their doctrine. I just shake my head at the people who talk about only believing what the bible actually says but believe everything the church tells them is the truth. We need to start seeking the truth..look at the original language and study it!
Yep. :-)

Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Wow, so many different ideas on this! Now I am more confused than ever. I will try to do a little research on my own to see what I come up with. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Wow, so many different ideas on this! Now I am more confused than ever. I will try to do a little research on my own to see what I come up with. Thanks!
GREAT idea.

Here's another major debate (on the air right now where I live)
Nightline Face-Off - ABC News

Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Once again fundie, you prove my point. You have to SEEK the truth. You are so heavely influenced by man`s teaching (church) you use circular reasoning and logic. If you wanted to find out the facts about a man from another time and culture, would you just rely solely on what one author had to say about that person? Hopefully you would try to research the man`s teachings from different sources and look at some of his teachings in his original language and what those words mean in that culture he lived in. But when it comes to the most important thing a person could ever study or want to know, they just rely solely on the church`s teaching and refuse to do any independant in-depth study. They refuse to at least consider sources other than the church and research what some of the teachings might mean in it`s original language..they just don`t want to take the time..after all ,it`s only God we are talking about... Yes, we have the bible, but you let the church`s interpretation and man`s translation influence any study you might do. I used to be a fundamentalist myself, until after much prayer and seeking, God finally opened my eyes. Don`t be afraid to search for the truth fundie, even if it means stepping outside of your comfort zone. God knows a person`s heart. Pray that he will lead you to his truth and not man`s.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
satan was cast out before he created Adam , millions of years before. 1 day to us is a 1000 years to God. God cast him down and cut off the sun to the earth out of anger. This is how the dinasaurs , and all the pre-historic animals were killed. once he shut the light from the earth ,this is when the ice age occurred. Millions of years passed. The earth was form and void.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitewindows1 View Post
satan was cast out before he created Adam , millions of years before. 1 day to us is a 1000 years to God. God cast him down and cut off the sun to the earth out of anger. This is how the dinasaurs , and all the pre-historic animals were killed. once he shut the light from the earth ,this is when the ice age occurred. Millions of years passed. The earth was form and void.
Where does the bible say all of that

Ezekiel describes Satan and his original position as a Cherub with an assignment in Eden as a wonderful privilage before he made that personal descision to turn on God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity