U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 PM

2,345 posts, read 4,005,500 times

Advertisements

So I've had this thought for a long time. Genesis says that in the beginning god created heavens and earth....so on and so forth and on the 7th day he rested. Right? So when exactly during all this creating did he have all the drama with Lucifer and kick him out? I can't find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
He has not been kicked out yet. I will let others fill in the blanks

Old 03-23-2009, 04:55 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,006,073 times
The reason you can`t find it in the bible is because it isn`t there. Satan was not lucifer. Satan did not get kicked to earth etc. The church put a few scattered verses together and has come up with this lucifer hoax, convincing people that lucifer is satan. The bible says he was a liar from the BEGINNING! He wasn`t good at the beginning and then became a liar at some other time; but a liar from the beginning. He was created to be God`s adversary..so we could know God`s love and mercy.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,661,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
So I've had this thought for a long time. Genesis says that in the beginning god created heavens and earth....so on and so forth and on the 7th day he rested. Right? So when exactly during all this creating did he have all the drama with Lucifer and kick him out? I can't find it.
Satan fell, but they do not specifically say when the fall occurred. What we do know is this: the angels were created before the earth. Satan fell before he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden. Satan’s fall, therefore, must have occurred somewhere after the time the angels were created and before he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Whether Satan’s fall occurred a few minutes, hours, or days before he tempted Adam and Eve in the garden, Scripture does not specifically say.

Satan’s fall, therefore, must have occurred somewhere after the time the angels were created and before he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Whether Satan’s fall occurred a few minutes, hours, or days before he tempted Adam and Eve in the garden, Scripture does not specifically say. Apparently at that time, Satan was still moving freely between heaven and earth, speaking to God directly and answering for his activities. At what point God discontinued this access is unknown.

Why did Satan fall from Heaven? Satan fell because of pride. He desired to be God, not to be a servant of God. How did Satan fall from Heaven? Actually, a fall is not an accurate description. It would be far more accurate to say that God cast Satan out of Heaven.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 AM

8,989 posts, read 13,042,156 times
I believe Satan fell during the 6 days of creation

Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe Satan fell during the 6 days of creation
Satan rebelled against God somtime before Gen.3 but he is not kicked out of heaven and cast to the earth until just prior to the Second Coming of Christ.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Satan rebelled against God somtime before Gen.3 but he is not kicked out of heaven and cast to the earth until just prior to the Second Coming of Christ.
I have heard that before and don't agree. He was kicked out before the "garden incident"

Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have heard that before and don't agree. He was kicked out before the "garden incident"
What about Job 1:6-12 and Rev.12:7-10.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:46 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,900,375 times
It's just church tradition.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ifer-myth.html

Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I have never known Lucifer to be church tradition? and what was thrown out which is the OP's thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity