Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 AM

128 posts, read 447,287 times

Advertisements

I wanted to ask what you guys do when you are kind of at a fork in the road in life. God has blessed us with the right to choice and decisions, and there are so many directions we can take these days. And I say this on a literal daily basis, in terms of directions. But I can't seem to get my directions clearly interpreted to me. I asked God which direction I should go, what should I do with today, but I can't seem to get an answer. What do you guys normally do when you are seeking an answer like this? Does he usually communicate to you directly? How does the message come to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOnDown5250 View Post
I wanted to ask what you guys do when you are kind of at a fork in the road in life. God has blessed us with the right to choice and decisions, and there are so many directions we can take these days. And I say this on a literal daily basis, in terms of directions. But I can't seem to get my directions clearly interpreted to me. I asked God which direction I should go, what should I do with today, but I can't seem to get an answer. What do you guys normally do when you are seeking an answer like this? Does he usually communicate to you directly? How does the message come to you?
Do what you think gives God the glory and pleasing to Him. Once you do that then you always be doing God's will.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:53 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 258,245 times
Pray the Holy Spirit will give you peace,try asking for discernment In the area you need help on.His peace will pass all understanding.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM

63,857 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Forget about the glory stuff . . . nothing we do can add or subtract from God's glory . . . which is infinite. Find a quiet place that relaxes you and try to quiet your racing thoughts. Think of the things you do well . . . the abilities you seem to have a gift for . . . the things that come easiest to you. Normally we personally want to do other things that we admire or prefer . . . it is a paradox. (Just watch a little American Idol tryouts to see the silliness of the untalented wanted to be talented).

Forget about what YOU want. Focus on those things that come easiest to you . . . even if you don't like them. They are pointing you toward what you would be your best at . . . NOT what you want. Once you have these clearly identified . . . ask God for guidance and then release all thought about it and relax. Think about other things or nothing at all (best) and try to rest your mind . . . leave all your concerns to God. After a good night's sleep . . . things will become clearer to you and opportunities will present themselves for you to take action.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,285,669 times
Quote:
Quote:

I stay in constant worship , glorifying and praising Him
praying for discernment, and wisdom
and He will show me, sometimes it's not as instaneous as I would like, but when He navigates things for me, instead of me getting in His way, it all comes together so beautifully, when I stand still and see the salvation of the Lord; It always pan out and make sense in the end...
"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me" Psalm138:8

Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,792,038 times
If you're standing at a crossroads, and you don't know which way to go, then you should stand there, until you know.

That means you cannot make a decision, left or right, you don't have the info. So you have to stand and wait, and until God sends it.

When God sends it, you go that way. It may not be the way you would pick, but you go that way, anyway. Then when you get to the end of the road, you will usually find out why he told you to go that direction.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,696,464 times
COD....I believe we all struggle with waiting to hear from God. I know i did. I just went to him in prayer and worship...When you come to that fork, pray about it. It wasnt until i finally said "okay Lord, guide me the way that would glorify you" that i felt not heard..but i felt His strength.
Blessings to you....May God be with you and guide you in the path that he feels right for you.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:00 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,073,049 times
Quote:

Read your Bible, pray, and ask yourself if one of the choices is displeasing to God. If so, do the other.

If not, it's up to you.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,849 times
That is a really good post and most of us wonder about that at some point. I pray and ask God to lead my descisions during the day. I ask him to close the door on things he doesn't want me to do. I trust unless he really shows me something different that I am doing what I am supposed to do. I like the verse that says, "pray without ceasing". I try to ask God during the day things. Even to the point that when I ride my Silverwing and come to a crossroads I say, "God which way do you want me to turn, if there is someone who needs help or needs to hear about Christ, I am open to that." And then I go on my way....

Old 04-04-2009, 09:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,601,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
If you're standing at a crossroads, and you don't know which way to go, then you should stand there, until you know.

That means you cannot make a decision, left or right, you don't have the info. So you have to stand and wait, and until God sends it.

When God sends it, you go that way. It may not be the way you would pick, but you go that way, anyway. Then when you get to the end of the road, you will usually find out why he told you to go that direction.

Yes, very true. Proverbs 16:9 states "A person may plan his path but Adonai direct his steps."

I have been in situation where I chose a direction and later I thought is was a mistake because I was uncomfortable with it. But as God would have it,hind sight 20/20, I could see why he had me in that situation; either personal healing,to help someone else or learn a biblical principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity