Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 PM

85 posts, read 253,671 times

Advertisements

There have been many embarrassing moments in my life as a christian, most of those probably when me being corrected, understanding I was wrong in certain ideas, thoughts or philosophies I was promoting. Also most of the embarrassing moments (thank God) we tend to forget over time!

There are some however which I do still remember; like the following:
One time when I was asked to play the bass in a 600 people's conference,and the Holy Spirit came powerfully upon the musicians.First was a lady who played violin together with the piano a beautiful ballad, I felt I did not even dare to touch my strings there; and my place was to just listen; When all of a sudden the Holy Spirit hit the drummer and me at the same time! And as soon as the violin faded, I felt like I had to play, (not knowing what) but the only style I could play was rock Funk R&B!
A total opposite of that gentle breeze!
A more powerful, upbeat thing... And so I did. The drummer too; a man who generally does not want to be heard, but in the background, supported me; in the waze almost forgetting we're in front of probably 600 shocked (or perhaps enjoying?) faces!

It felt really good,and in my playing I know it must have been the holy Spirit, because I tend to play a lot of mistakes, but not then.
Every tone was perfect, every note was perfectly timed, something I do have a HARD issue with while playing on my own...

Well, the embarassing part was when the worship leader cut the thing short;took the mic, lead into a complete classic song, and showed me in his gestures (after the service) I shouldn't have done what I did....
Never again have I played there, be it through divine intervention, or because they just wheren't prone on asking me back... The willingness was definitely here!

Until today I don't really understand what happened, I played in lots of christian churches, different ones all the time. But that one night, I felt like some people had put me into place, and I don't even know if what I did was good or not?

Anyways, to me, when I think about this, I still can feel the preassure of rejection others expressed in their deeds (though not in words) towards me... That I must have done something wrong...I'd not be the typical guy to be bold enough to start playing like that...
I never actually dared to ask what they thought of the night...I think most things went unsaid (aloud).

That's about the most embarrassing thing ever happened to me!
Can you remember an embarrassing event that happened to you? Something you still feel embarrassed about from time to time?

Last edited by Prodigit; 04-10-2009 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Nothing overly embarrassing that everyone noticed, but once in our old church (very small) a newborn baby pooped loudly in her diaper. I started laughing very hard (quietly) and couldn't stop for a very long time just like a 7-year-old would do only I was probably 26 at the time and had four kids of my own. I have no idea why I found it so funny but remember feeling embarrassed at the time because I couldn't stop myself from laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity