Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times

Advertisements

Hey if she was born that way, why not changing the marriage laws to include not just whoever but whatever we want to marry. I mean I really love my shotgun and we have been together for 31years, who is the world to seperate such a happy couple? I dont think my wife would approve.

I honestly, 100% do not believe homosexuals are born to be homosexuals. I do believe that we are all tempted by some pretty vulgar things and chose to give into some of these temptations, which I see homosexuality as a temptation and not a lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times
Will she get a tax break too? And is she considered French now or the Eiffel Tower considered American?

Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How fallen can we be? Seriously what else? "She was born this way" hmmm....where have I heard that before? Does the bible cover this? I mean this goes beyond worshiping the creation. Oh wait! I should not judge-RIGHT?

A love story: Meet the woman who "married" the Eiffel Tower!

Objectum-Sexuals - 'Good Morning America' Video | Morning Rush
hmm.. its not objectum sexual if she doesn't have sex with it right? wait.. where have I heard that before?

of course as to her mental state.. well I don't judge here.. she judges herself:

Woman with objects fetish marries Eiffel Tower - Telegraph

"She blames her upbringing for her condition. She claims to have been molested by her half-brother and abandoned by her parents to various foster homes."

So do I think she is "crazy"? Dunno.. I'm not a physician.. I would say being molested by her half-brother and abandoned by her parents probably has something to do with it. Its my only guess.. totally based off what SHE says.

I mean come on... I'd bet 30% of christian marriages in the united states consist of one person loving an inanimate object (that being their significant other)

HEYYYY OHHHHHHH!

Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Breaking news:

If gay marriage is approved people will marry box turtles.

Glenn Beck's head explodes.

Edit: Actually Glenn Beck's head exploding would be reason alone for gay marriage..

Old 04-13-2009, 02:28 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
I'd say the woman has a few issues. I mean, I can appreciate good architecture. The Eifel Tower is impressive, as are many man-made building, bridges, and machines. I'd grant her the right to marry any or all of those objects just as soon as one of those objects can offer consent and sign on the dotted line

Old 04-13-2009, 02:43 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Fundamentalist originally said:

based on what? [End Quote]

Based on all I believe to be true. Anyway, I get the point that we overuse, and perhaps misuse, the term normal. Since the list of things we are all largely ignorant of is drastically bigger than the list if things we know, I suppose anything is possible and I should never say never. Still, as a betting man, I'm betting that pigs won't fly and monkeys won't soon be flying out of my ass. I'm also betting that the Eiffel Tower does not emote. Therefore, this will be a one-sided marriage for sure.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post

based on what? [End Quote]

Based on all I believe to be true. Anyway, I get the point that we overuse, and perhaps misuse, the term normal. Since the list of things we are all largely ignorant of is drastically bigger than the list if things we know, I suppose anything is possible and I should never say never. Still, as a betting man, I'm betting that pigs won't fly and monkeys won't soon be flying out of my ass. I'm also betting that the Eiffel Tower does not emote. Therefore, this will be a one-sided marriage for sure.
Not the same, "based on all I believe to be true" She can say the same. What makes your truth truer than her truth?

Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What makes your truth truer than her truth?
Ah, the million dollar question to the moral relativist...

Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times

Not the same, "based on all I believe to be true" She can say the same. What makes your truth truer than her truth? [End Quote]

You're right. Maybe all of us who are in the bell curve, or close to it, are wrong. Maybe all the "normal" perceptions are off base. Anyway, her perception is unique and I don't hold it against her. I just don't buy it. Sadly, I have no scientific model to support my position. In other words..."What the bleep do I know about it?"

Old 04-13-2009, 03:20 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post

Not the same, "based on all I believe to be true" She can say the same. What makes your truth truer than her truth? [End Quote]

You're right. Maybe all of us who are in the bell curve, or close to it, are wrong. Maybe all the "normal" perceptions are off base. Anyway, her perception is unique and I don't hold it against her. I just don't buy it. Sadly, I have no scientific model to support my position. In other words..."What the bleep do I know about it?"
Oh come now...isn't that a cop out? Christianity says that THERE IS absolute truth and it is Jesus Christ. There must be truth. Someone has to be right. wouldn't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity