Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ISRAEL: GOD’S CHOSEN PEOPLE

by Tim King

Miracle People: The state of Israel is nothing short of a miracle. Their very existence could not have come about if not for the providence of God. God chose them and has used them to demonstrate to the world who He is and what His plan for mankind was all about. It was foretold long ago that Jesus, our Savior would come through this chosen race of people (Deut 18: 18). However during modern times such errors like Replacement Theology and Preterism have sought to minimize the importance of Israel and transfer their God given eternal promises to the New Testament Church. But through careful study of scripture and applying the common sense literal meaning to it, one must come to the conclusion that Israel and the Church are separate entities. Israel has no other form of salvation than what Christ has provided for all peoples of the earth through His death on the cross. Some believe Israel does through the law and Moses, this is another error called dual covenant theology. They have been chosen for God’s special purpose to display Himself before the world through them. This is wonderfully described by Moses to the Israelites in Deuteronomy 4: 32-35.
Read excellent article here: Tim King
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Did you notice I erased the part of her/his post, I do not agree with?
And the part I agreed with regardless if I agree with preterist views.... is truth!!

Blessings
Hi curly,

so you believe the Church replaced Israel or is Israel?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Read excellent article here: Tim King
Thank you.... I'll read it!!

Blessings

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
God's Future Program for Israel (Daniel 9)

From Daniel's prayer it appears that he expected the immediate and full fulfillment of Israel's restoration with the conclusion of the seventy-year captivity. However, the prophetic revelation brought to him by the archangel Gabriel in response to his petition revealed that the complete fulfillment of the restoration program would be yet future and progressive in nature. Gabriel explained this in terms of divisions of time during which prophetic activity would occur as preparation for the final fulfillment.
Full study here: Randall Price

Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
My Dear carolina_guy: That is not the meaning of that passage! This is not a reference to ethnic, physical Israel! Through Abraham's seed came the Messiah, the Christ, the head of the Church. It is those who are of the spiritual seed of Abraham who are Israel. Through Abraham all nations of the earth were blessed in that the Gospel message became available to all peoples. It was promised that God would make a new covenant in which He would write His laws on the hearts of those who believe--they would be His people and He would be their God (Jer. 31:31).

Modern Israel bears no resemblance to OT Israel--it is a creation of the UN and not of God! ALL the records were lost in A. D. 70 and that nation is no more! Modern "Israel" needs what every nation needs. She needs to repent and believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If anything, this verse teaches that God will come against those who attack His people, the Church!

Hal Lindsey may be a brother in Christ, but he teaches must error. Let's be good Bereans and check out what he says with the Scriptures!

In Christ, Preterist
Preterist for a while I have kept my mouth shut because I really don't like to touch the end times but I do believe in sufficiency of scripture. Is it true that you don't take all of revelations literally and that there are some parts you interpret literally and other parts symbolic or allegorical. My question to you is on what basis can you interpret ANYTHING in revelations literally when you yourself are relative in the literal interpretation of Revelations? How can you know what is literal and what is symbolic?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Hi curly,
so you believe the Church replaced Israel or is Israel?
Neither....But I believe that all who believe in Christ, Jew or Gentile become the spiritual Israel (Church, Body of Christ)!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Is the Modern State of Israel Prophetically Significant?

Dr. J. Randall Price

Foreword: Preterists and Historicists have launched a new assault against Futurism in the attempt to counter the influence of the Left Behind series on the popular audience that comprises Reformed and Church of Christ congregations (which traditionally hold to one of these prophetic methods of interpretation). Recently popular talk show host Hank (“The Bible Answer Man”) Hanegraff has stated that his aim in publishing his new novel The Last Disciple (called by him “an alternative to Left Behind”) as well advancing his form of modified Preterism on his program produced by “The Christian Research Institute”(CRI), is to bring about a “paradigm shift in eschatology.” He means by this he wants to change people’s views about literal interpretation of prophecy which results in Futurism. In May 2005 a new book by Colin Chapman, Who Owns Jerusalem? will attack the understanding that Jerusalem, as the central city in Scripture, has a prophetic future. This follows his previous book Who Owns the Land? in which he attacked the notion that the Land of Israel continues to have any prophetic significance. The following paper, is a revision of a paper first delivered at the 13th Annual Pre-Trib Research Center Conference in Dallas, TX, December 6-8, 2004. A copy of the tape may be ordered from Pre-Trib Research Center: Home. The goal of this paper is to present in general the bibilical data supporting the continuing prophetic significance of Israel and of the modern State of Israel in particular.
http://www.raptureready.com/featured/price/16rp.pdf

Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Neither....But I believe that all who believe in Christ, Jew or Gentile become the spiritual Israel (Church, Body of Christ)!
Hi curly,

I agree that any believer (Jew or Gentile) is part of the Body of Christ, the Church. But when I hear the term spiritual Israel, I associate it with Replacement Theology, the belief that Israel has been replaced by the Church, which is now seen as spiritual Israel and spiritual Jerusalem. The Church now receives all the blessings, etc promised to Israel.

Here's an article: What is replacement theology?

Just trying to clarify, thanks!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Preterist for a while I have kept my mouth shut because I really don't like to touch the end times but I do believe in sufficiency of scripture. Is it true that you don't take all of revelations literally and that there are some parts you interpret literally and other parts symbolic or allegorical. My question to you is on what basis can you interpret ANYTHING in revelations literally when you yourself are relative in the literal interpretation of Revelations? How can you know what is literal and what is symbolic?
Its called hermetic or something like that.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Preterism

Randall Price

In recent years a system of interpreting biblical prophecy known as preterism has invaded the church, bringing confusion and division to many congregations that have historically held to the future return of Jesus Christ. Promoted by popular radio teachers such as Reformed scholar R.C. Sproul, whose book The Last Days According to Jesus, advanced the moderate preterist position, preterism has made in roads into evangelical seminaries and stimulated public debates on Bible college campuses. Although most Christians have never heard of the teachings of preterism, its approach to prophecy diminishes the prophetic hope of the church while undermining the basis of the prophetic promises for Israel.
Quote:
Preterism’s View of Israel

Preterism teaches that the purpose of Christ’s second coming in A.D. 70 was to judge the Nation of Israel and end the Jewish age. Like historicists, preterists argue that the spiritual promises made to Israel were misunderstood as national promises and therefore with the rejection of Christ the spiritual promises passed to the Church, the true Israel.
This is what Preterism is all about: http://www.raptureready.com/featured/price/15rp.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity