Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:25 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I don't know why Christians want people to think they control marriage and over see family values.
Is it not the gay rights crusaders who cry over the church's 2000 year old teachings of marriage?

The church is controlling none. The days of the inquisition are long gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 AM

52 posts, read 87,580 times
I would gladly invite a gay couple into my home for meals and prayer. I have no right in judging anyone. And I believe that each person is entitled to live their life they way they deem fit. As long as they are happy with their lives. If people judged me for all the mistakes I made, whew I can't imagine. Probably be tied to a stake!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I leave homosexaulity up to gods judgement of individauls and the laws on earth upto mankind.I also don't ignore the bilble teachings.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:26 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
A few questions for straight Christians...

Where is the justice in condemning someone for something they do not choose?

Where is the mercy in denying me and other gay men and women job protection...health benefits and the ability to marry?

How is it walking humbly with God to insist that God created sexuality only according to your definition of what is natural?

I have another question, and I hope that your answers proves me wrong...would you invite a gay person, or a gay couple into your home to share a meal, or to pray together.
This is probably going to come across as ignorant, and I appologize for that up front, but what does sexual preference have to do with job security? People don't have sex on the job, do they? I really don't care what persuasion the person in the next cube is if they do their job. So I really don't get why there needs to be some special law in place to protect job security for homosexuals any more than one is needed for heterosexuals.

I didn't write the bible so I didn't make the rules. I'll leave it up to the author to decide how they're applied.

Would I invite a gay couple into my home? Depends on who the gay couple is. I don't have much in common with gay couples so I'm not friends with any but if a family member turned out to be gay, sure. It's not my place to judge.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 AM

352 posts, read 552,982 times
Quote:
There is no justice in condemning anyone. Like you we all have violated God's Word and have fallen. As such, we are condemned for our crimes. Only through Jesus can we be cleansed of our iniquity and be free from condemnation. If Jesus died to give us that joy, then who are we to condemn you. If some "Christian" is blatantly attacking you, then they have some issues with their own faith to work out.

Quote:
Where is the mercy in denying me and other gay men and women job protection...health benefits and the ability to marry?
Personally, I don't see the problem in allowing a person to have job protection, health benefits, and the ability to share their life with someone. Like most of the Christians on this forum, I don't support your lifestyle, but I am not going to hold it against you.

Quote:
How is it walking humbly with God to insist that God created sexuality only according to your definition of what is natural?
We didn't define it, God alone has that right.

Quote:
I have another question, and I hope that your answers proves me wrong...would you invite a gay person, or a gay couple into your home to share a meal, or to pray together.
Of course I would. I am currently attending college and have made several friends who are homosexuals. Again, I don't support their choice, but that doesn't stop me from being friends with them. If a person is my friend, then I would have no problem in allowing them to come into my home, eat a meal together, and pray with them, gay or not.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:

1. Personally I do not condemn people for their choice as, we reap our own benefits.
2. When did one's sexuality become a minority issue or culture issue?
3. We by way of nature multiply. That's not just biblical that's mother nature.
4. When can I expect you and yours for dinner? (one of my best friends is MIA and I miss him terribly)

The one, one turns away at the door, maybe Jesus.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,619 times
Jesus made a point to break bread with the outcasts of his day. I'd say anyone who calls themselves Christian and claims that as their reason for not inviting you to dinner needs to reread their New Testament.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Question I have a question

Quote:
Quote:

What are straight Christians????
Just asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity