Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:22 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

I would like to throw my 2 cents in here, from MY perspective:

First off there is no such thing as a Christian Nation. There can never be, for it is impossible. And I am talking about a TRUE Christian nation. Not one that professes to be, but isn't.

There IS however a Kingdom. And in this Kingdom there are many subjects. This is the Kingdom that Jesus Christ reigns as King, over all the other kings. The other kings, are those who profess Christ as King.

If a group of people live together in a boundry, albeit natural or man-made, then whatever that group believes in, is what it is. But the second someone who doesn't believe the way the group does, moves in, if allowed, then it no longer can be called as such.

Understand so far?

But the Kingdom of Jesus Christ CANNOT be divided, no matter what. His Kingdom stands forever and ever. But it is inclusive to those who profess Christ as Lamb, Priest, King, and yes,,,God. They live this way, not forsaking the Commandments of God, no matter what they are. If they fall, they either are picked back up, or they are excommunicated. There is no if, ands, or buts about it.

So a Christian Nation is non existent. Because, to truly be a Christian Nation, then most of those who do not fit the bill would have to move out, or be killed. Hitler wanted a white Christian Nation, remember? Even some of the forefathers wanted a Christian Nation, so they tried to convert even the Natives. When they realized they could not in most circumstanses, they just killed them for their land, and to rid the territories of these heathens. It has been this way since,,,it started. When people want something from others, then they make laws to take it. If the laws don't work, then force is used. When force doesn't work, then they have to submit they have failed.

This is why Christianity has stood the test of time.

But attempted Christian Nation are man made, which cannot stand, for it rests in sand. Only the Kingdom of Jesus Christ will stand, as it is built upon a Rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I didn't attack you Robin. Buck up little buddy. I simply pointed out that I had asked that it stay out of the thread..

then you, 17 posts later and approximately 264 days later in your FIRST post in the thread decided to decry it was a moot point even after not one single post in the thread had addressed gay marriage per my request.

So I didn't bring it up first. I simply stated from the outset that it doesn't belong in the thread.

To which you further strengthened that point 264 days later in your first post.

which is why I said
I was not bringing it into the discussion I was merely agree that it was a moot point to the topic and then you proceeded to attack me because you do not appreciate some one agreeing with you. Go ahead keep up the bully tactic, they only show your hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity