Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM

133 posts, read 276,103 times

Advertisements

If the Holy land (Israel - Jerusalem) was ever totally destroyed and the Jewish were forced out - the Bible states Israel will be attacked and not a single shot will harm them. If this happens, I will lose faith. If you ask me, the end is near. We of course are living in the end times, no one is going to dispute this, mankind as we know it is on the brink of destruction, I sense we'll find the answers out soon. I'm not saying tommorow, next month, next year, or in ten years - but soon, I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
If the Holy land (Israel - Jerusalem) was ever totally destroyed and the Jewish were forced out -
It will not be totally destroyed, but the Jews will flee to Petra beginning at the second half of the tribulation.

Quote:
the Bible states Israel will be attacked and not a single shot will harm them.
Scripture please. The Bible says Gog and its allies will attack and they will fall on the mountains of Israel. But Israel will surely see war during the Battle of Armageddon.

Quote:
If this happens, I will lose faith.
Are you threatening God now? What if the interpretation you understand is wrong?

Quote:
If you ask me, the end is near.
Only the end of the world as we know it.

Quote:
We of course are living in the end times,
Yes we are at the doorstep, one foot it in even.

Quote:
no one is going to dispute this,
Though not from me, but you're going to get LOTS of people in this forum to dispute this.

Quote:
mankind as we know it is on the brink of destruction, I sense we'll find the answers out soon.
I absolutely agree.

Quote:
I'm not saying tommorow, next month, next year, or in ten years - but soon, I'm afraid.
Have no fear, for our Redemption is near!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
It will not be totally destroyed, but the Jews will flee to Petra beginning at the second half of the tribulation.

Scripture please. The Bible says Gog and its allies will attack and they will fall on the mountains of Israel. But Israel will surely see war during the Battle of Armageddon.

Are you threatening God now? What if the interpretation you understand is wrong?

Only the end of the world as we know it.

Yes we are at the doorstep, one foot it in even.

Though not from me, but you're going to get LOTS of people in this forum to dispute this.

I absolutely agree.

Have no fear, for our Redemption is near!
Hey buddy, I will have to find the exact scripture. I was reading through my Bible last night and I read that and posted this question. I won't have answer for you today but will post tommorow. Also no I am not threatening God. But if the Jews are kicked out of the holy land I will have lost faith in God.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM

Also that's fine if people disagree we are on the brink of destruction. We are not too far away from the destruction of this world. I sense soon this world will unleash nuclear hell on each other and that'll be the coming end.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Hey buddy, I will have to find the exact scripture. I was reading through my Bible last night and I read that and posted this question. I won't have answer for you today but will post tommorow. Also no I am not threatening God. But if the Jews are kicked out of the holy land I will have lost faith in God.
Hey slash,

I will wait for your response with Scripture. Did you know the Jews will indeed flee from Israel? Christians won't be hear to see it (at least not Raptured saints), but most will certainly leave.

But why are you saying you will lose faith in God? As confident as I am in my own interpretations of Scripture, I don't think it is wise to threaten (yes, I think that's what you are doing unfortunately) God if what we think is supposed to happen doesn't or happens another way. There are many things we cannot be absolutely dogmatic about.

You should never lose your faith in God no matter what.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Also that's fine if people disagree we are on the brink of destruction. We are not too far away from the destruction of this world. I sense soon this world will unleash nuclear hell on each other and that'll be the coming end.
And most people in this forum will disagree.

Regarding global nuclear holocaust, this would certainly happen eventually if it was not for Jesus coming back. Man would definitely destroy himself if God did not prevent it from happening. So while I agree we may see isolated nuclear exchanges, I don't believe at all the earth will be destroyed by nuclear means. Do you have Scripture to support your view?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,504 times
Quote:
Don't lose your faith in the Lord as this must happen to bring the Jews to their Messiah...It says in scripture that "all Isarel will be saved" and something must happen to shake them up; because 4,000 years of bitter hatred from their enemies hasn't done it...Trust in God...

Old 04-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Hey slash,

I will wait for your response with Scripture. Did you know the Jews will indeed flee from Israel? Christians won't be hear to see it (at least not Raptured saints), but most will certainly leave.

But why are you saying you will lose faith in God? As confident as I am in my own interpretations of Scripture, I don't think it is wise to threaten (yes, I think that's what you are doing unfortunately) God if what we think is supposed to happen doesn't or happens another way. There are many things we cannot be absolutely dogmatic about.

You should never lose your faith in God no matter what.
Sorry I thought the Jews would never flee from Israel. When I was reading last night maybe I got confused or misread it.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Dude, don't disappoint me.

I have tons of ambitions and I don't even wanna think of dying in a nuke strike.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
The Christian faith isn't built on conjecture about geopolitical events; it's built on Christ crucified, resurrected, and coming again. We don't believe because of what might happen to Israel, but because of what Christ has already done. There's no reason to set yourself up to become the newest generation of Millerite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity