Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality a choice?
Yes 28 32.94%
No 50 58.82%
I don't know 7 8.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Absolutely. However I'm not surprised in the least by the direction of the poll. When I created it I had a strong feeling it would go the way it is.

Our world today is much more liberal and chooses to not hold God's Word as an authority in their lives.

I may be viewed as a conservative with narrow views, however I view liberals with narrow views. They're out to make everything legal, even if it's bad for you. You get to choose! And they are bent on destroying conservatives....beause we do not agree with them. Have you ever noticed how angry liberals become when talking about conservatives? I think many of them should try anger management classes. Could help!?
Perhaps instead of talking about conservatives and liberals, you should be grateful to live in a country that allows you to delve into these sexual matters openly and surf gay websites without losing an appendage. If you had lived in some other countries, you wouldn't be here to tell your stories and share your thoughts.

Anger management classes for liberals? Do you think it's the liberals committing hate crimes against the gay, lesbian and transgendered population?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:06 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Oh please, not again.

This is no persecution at all, what the liberal mind fantasizes about.

There's no untouchables or segregation or lynching here.

The gay rights activists can leave the poor gay community alone. The progressive populace doesn't have to romanticize over their misery which their imagination loves to create

If not for these guys, if I meet a gay person, I'd shake hands, laugh over a cup of coffee, bid farewell and get on with my business. I know several gay people and this is how life goes. I don't even get to show the least iota of my religious concern.
Well, good for you, but I've known plenty enough gay people to know that many have been persecuted in their homes, in their communities, and in governmental law. Many are forced to live lives of lies - even to their closest friends.

I'm not sure what more needs to happen to qualify for persecution in your eyes. Any time a population is treated as inferior, it needs to be addressed.

I suspect you're seeing what you want to see.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Perhaps instead of talking about conservatives and liberals, you should be grateful to live in a country that allows you to delve into these sexual matters openly and surf gay websites without losing an appendage. If you had lived in some other countries, you wouldn't be here to tell your stories and share your thoughts.

Anger management classes for liberals? Do you think it's the liberals committing hate crimes against the gay, lesbian and transgendered population?

Well I don't live in another country so that's not even relevant to this discussion. The people who are committing the hate crimes do not belong to either liberal or conservative. They're a part of the whack-job group. I don't care if you're gay, lesbian, black, white, male or female, a crime against another person is absolutely 100% wrong. Every crime against another person is a hate crime. Rape is a hate crime, smashing in an old boyfriend's car is a hate crime.

And yeah, anger management for liberals. Watch any news station and you'll see them screaming, spewing profanities and just stinkin' mad at the conservatives. Yes we too have our problems but we're much more diplomatic about the issues. And the great majority of us stand on God's Word as our authority.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 AM

261 posts, read 944,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Only in the eyes of an unbeliever.
Actually the biggest lies sold to any christian is if you believe in gay rights you must not believe in "God"
What HORSE PUCKYY!!!!!!!!(substituted for the language I feel is more appropriate in this case but not allowed)

Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Praise God for people who still stand up for Christian values! And yes it is a choice, just like all sin is a choice.
So I guess passing judgement in your case is also a sin? Who should stand up against you?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 AM

Default Roflmao!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
I absolutely love that people think homosexuality is purely a choice. And these people are "choosing sin". People that parrot this sentiment are implying that they too have homosexual urges, but CHOOSE not to act on them.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
I absolutely love that people think homosexuality is purely a choice. And these people are "choosing sin". People that parrot this sentiment are implying that they too have homosexual urges, but CHOOSE not to act on them.
Interesting......this statement tells me a lot about you.

Doesn't matter what you and I think. What does the bible say?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Interesting......this statement tells me a lot about you.

Doesn't matter what you and I think. What does the bible say?
The Bible obviously says different things to different people. What YOU think it says has nothing to do with me.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
^
Scripture says we should endorse slavery.

So what's your point? God gave you a mind, Fundie. Use it.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
In the eyes of this unbeliever, every human is worthy of being treated with respect, dignity, and equality. It's very sad that there are so many of you Christians that misinterpret your Jesus' message of love and acceptance and continue to fight against something that has always existed and will always exist, both in the human world and in the animal world.

There are so many better things you could be fighting for, and worse things you could be fighting against. I find starving children, genocide, poverty, lack of education, et cetera to be far more important topics than what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom.
A very clear and rational response, hhmm wonder what irrational reason they could provide now?
Examples;
Homosexuality= War?
Homosexuality= Causes Starvation?
Homosexuals created a hole in the ozone?
Homosexuals own most of the worlds oil?
Homosexuals cause earthquakes?
Homosexuality leads to drought?

Just some suggestions..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity