Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM

14,702 posts, read 17,032,530 times

Advertisements

Hi Carolina guy, Jesus died for all of us and He died for all of our sins, no matter how horrible they are. If any of these men repented and came to Jesus, what would that mean? It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all men to Himself. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yep, I think Adolph Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Joseph Stalin, and Muhammed will all find eternal life with the rest of us.
Did Jesus die for all men? If any of these men repented of their sins, and came to Jesus today, what would that mean? Wouldn't Jesus accept them? Jesus died for our sins no matter how horrible they are. And we were all sinners, enslaved to sin, in need of a Savior. We were all in the same boat. It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) God bless.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,631,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Carolina guy, Jesus died for all of us and He died for all of our sins, no matter how horrible they are. If any of these men repented and came to Jesus, what would that mean? It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all men to Himself. God bless.
IF they repented, but since Mohammed created an entire false religion based on his demonic visions, I'm pretty confident he's gonna be swimming in eternal fire.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM

If Mohammed repented and came to Jesus, he would be a believer. No sin is too bad. No person is too bad, not if it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. (Colossians 1)We were all enemies of God. God bless.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
If Mohammed repented and came to Jesus, he would be a believer. No sin is too bad. No person is too bad, not if it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. (Colossians 1)We were all enemies of God. God bless.
And what if he didn't repent?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 PM

852 posts, read 1,361,231 times
Quote:
Hi there, Sherry, God bless you. Thank you for your honesty and willingness to consider. There are many who can't and do not believe in an eternal hell because they don't believe that the scriptures teach this. This is where my belief comes from. Christians have disagreed on this from the earliest days of the church. Many who are considered to be church fathers believed in the eventual restoration of all just as some believed in eternal hell, and some believed in annihilation. There are many scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all people to God, like the ones shared last night. It is a theme that runs through the scriptures and points to the final victory of Christ. I believe that God who teaches us to love our enemies and to do good to all men, will not torture people for all of eternity. He is said to be love and not hate, and love does what is best for those who are loved. God loves us all, even His enemies. Agape love of God does not equal never ending suffering. God is greater than that. I do not condemn you for your beliefs and appreciate that you do not condemn me for my beliefs on this subject. Take care and God bless.
I just want to say one more thing and it is not change the thinking in your heart...it is just to simply state that people do definitely read things differently. I read and looked up most of the verses you quoted last night...I read them entirely different than you do...but I do not choose to "debate" about them. I consider that when it is mentioned that people will be with Him that He is speaking of those who have repented and believe that Jesus is our Savior. I don't simply take this view from these scriptures alone...I have this view from reading a lot and trying to read in context. I still respect your view...because I feel, it is a view from your heart...just wanted to say that I don't simply disregard certain scripture because I don't like what it says...which I think many do. (not referring to ANYONE in specific...and not you, Shana.)

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM

What about Satan's demons?

Do you agree that Satan and his ilk will be cast into the lake of fire?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM

Hi, it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself, so evidently, he will repent. God bless.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Hi, it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself, so evidently, he will repent. God bless.
Who will repent?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I just want to say one more thing and it is not change the thinking in your heart...it is just to simply state that people do definitely read things differently. I read and looked up most of the verses you quoted last night...I read them entirely different than you do...but I do not choose to "debate" about them. I consider that when it is mentioned that people will be with Him that He is speaking of those who have repented and believe that Jesus is our Savior. I don't simply take this view from these scriptures alone...I have this view from reading a lot and trying to read in context. I still respect your view...because I feel, it is a view from your heart...just wanted to say that I don't simply disregard certain scripture because I don't like what it says...which I think many do. (not referring to ANYONE in specific...and not you, Shana.)
Thanks, Sherry, I don't believe that we should disregard any scriptures and I don't believe that those who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God disregard any of them. We are seeing it differently. Thanks and God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity