Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times

Advertisements

When discussing covenant, search for the word "nevertheless" instead of "if". You want to show the faithfulness of God.

Or at least I thought you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Default The faithfulness of God...

...God sent His Spirit, giving us power to walk in 100% Obedience to Him.

God ssid, "...I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts..." (Jeremiah 31:33). On Mount Sinai, God wrote the terms and laws of the covenant upon tables of stone. There in the upper room, God wrote His laws upon the hearts of the people.
Man's heart...his will...his mind...his desires and emotions control hs entire being. Under the Old Covenant, man's heart was alienated from God. He was unable to do God's will and keep His commandments. To restore man and bring him back into unity where he was one with Him, it was necessary for God to take possession of his whole heart. It was necessary to bring man's will back into harmony with His own.
God knew man's weakness...his total inability to walk in obedience to Him. In establishing the New Covenant, He promised, "I'm going to take out your stony heart of flesh. I'm going to take out your heart that is set to sin against Me. I'm going to give you a new heart."
God said: "I will give them a new heart to know Me, that I am the Lord..." (Jeremiah 24:7); "...I will put My fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from Me" (Jeremiah 32:40).
As the tongues of fire rested upon the one hundred twenty in the upper room, the Holy Spirit was at work cutting away their "stony hearts of flesh"; bringing their entire beings...their minds, wills, spirits...back into unity with God.
Their hearts were being circumcised "...with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a (spiritual) circumcision (performed by) Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts" (Colossians 2:11)
They were being SET FREE from every bondage of the flesh!!!!!!!!!!!
They were being SET FREE of the desires that hindered them from serving God with their whole heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their minds were being SET FREE of the fear, doubt and unbelief!!!!!!!!!!!
Their wills were being SET FREE of their bondage to self!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under the New Covenant, God not only promised to give us a new heart but that He was going to put His Spirit WITHIN US!!!! God said, "...I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep My judgements, and do them" (Ezekiel 36:27).
That day in the upper room, God took out their stony hearts of flesh and sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within the one hundred twenty gathered there. His purpose for placing His Spirit within them was not to give them "goosbumps." It was not just so they would be able to speak in tongues, prophesy, heal the sick and perform miracles. Those were the results of His Spirit dwelling within them.
God placed His Spirit within man so he would be ONE with Him. That day Jesus' prayer for His disciples...That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou has sent Me" (John 17:21)...was fulfilled!!!
God came to live within them. The Godhead...Father, Son and Holy Spirit...came to dwell in them. "For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9). The one hundred twenty gathered together in the upper room became ONE in them. Through the Spirit within them, they became ONE with God and ONE with each other!!!
God placed His Spirit within man to reveal His will to him and teach him His ways. Jesus told His disciples the Spirit would "lead and guide them into all truth." Jesus told them, "he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit not only writes God's laws in our hearts, He gives us the POWER to do them!!!
Under the Old Covenant God required obedience. He told Israel: "...IF ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, THEN ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me..." (Exodus 19:5). The covenant blessings were dependent upon obedience.
God has not changed. He still requires obedience. However, under the New Covenant, instead of the covenant depending on man's ability to be obedient, God has placed His Spirit within man giving him the POWER to keep the covenant and to walk in 100% obedience to Him. God said: "...I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye SHALL keep My judgements, AND DO THEM" (Ezekiel 36:27).
This is the promise of the New Covenant. God has written His laws upon our hearts and has given us POWER TO OBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, in the upper room, as they received the promise of the Father...as they received the Holy Spirit...the one hundred twenty were SET FREE from the bondage of the Law!!!!
They were SET FREE from a dependence upon their flesh to do the will of God!!!!!!
God sent the Holy Spirit to live within man to give him POWER over sin. God said, "...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:34). Through the power of the blood of Jesus offered on the cross, to seal God's covenant with man, God has not only forgiven man's sins but has completely blotted out every trace of sin and freed man from its power.
The one hundred twenty were SET FREE...their sins forgiven!!!
They were SET FREE from the bondage of sin...the guilt and condemnation OF THE PAST...and were given power over sin!!!

Hebrew 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
WE ARE TO WALK IN A DEMONSTRATION OF POWER OVER SIN>>>OVER THE FLESH>>>OVER SATAN!!!!

By faith, we have entered into an everlasting covenant with God. He has sealed that covenant with an oath. He promised, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips" (Psalms 89:34).
The covenant has been sealed and made effective by the blood of Jesus. Under the New Covenant, not only has God bound Himself to us with an oath that He has sworn never to break; He has bound us to Himself by His Spirit, and given us the power to keep the covenant WITH HIM...WITH HIM>>>>WITH HIM!!!!!!!!
Jesus is our GUARENTEE of a better (stronger) agreement.
Jesus is our GUARENTEE that God will fulfill all the covenant promises He has given us!!! Jesus is our GUARENTEE that, by His Spirit within us, we will be able to keep our covenant WITH GOD!!!
His Spirit within us has empowered us!!

Hebrews 9:11-14 But Christ being come an High Priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
For if the blood of bulls, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot or blemish to God, PURGE YOUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE LIVING GOD?
No further sacrifice is needed. The work has been done!!
"Whereas this One (Christ), after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins (that shall avail) for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, then to wait until His enemies should be made a stool beneath His feet. For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected THOSE WHO ARE CONSECRATED AND MADE HOLY" (Hebrews 10:12-14).

...there, in the Temple, the people participated in the ceremonial Passover sacrifices. They praised God for their coming deliverance. Yet, they failed to see the broken, bleeding body of the Lamb of God as the perfect Sacrifice God had provided to deliver them from sin and the curse of the Law.
They failed to see that the day of deliverance had come. They failed to see that they were set free! They failed to see all that God had provided for them in the New Covenant........
............How could they be so blind? How could they look upon the broken body of Jesus and not recognize Him as the Lamb of God...their Redeemer...their Deliverer?...hard to imagiine...yet, in the Church today there is s spiritual blindness covering the eyes of many Christians. They fail to recognize Jesus as the mediator of the New Covenant.
Like the Jews who celebrated the Passover, they see His broken bleeding body, but they fail to see His sacrifice as being SUFFICIENT TO MEET ALL THEIR NEEDS. They may accept His sacrifice as being sufficient for the forgiveness of their sind, but not for the other needs in their lives.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 05-01-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...God sent His Spirit, giving us power to walk in 100% Obedience to Him.

God ssid, "...I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts..." (Jeremiah 31:33). On Mount Sinai, God wrote the terms and laws of the covenant upon tables of stone. There in the upper room, God wrote His laws upon the hearts of the people.
Man's heart...his will...his mind...his desires and emotions control hs entire being. Under the Old Covenant, man's heart was alienated from God. He was unable to do God's will and keep His commandments. To restore man and bring him back into unity where he was one with Him, it was necessary for God to take possession of his whole heart. It was necessary to bring man's will back into harmony with His own.
God knew man's weakness...his total inability to walk in obedience to Him. In establishing the New Covenant, He promised, "I'm going to take out your stony heart of flesh. I'm going to take out your heart that is set to sin against Me. I'm going to give you a new heart."
God said: "I will give them a new heart to know Me, that I am the Lord..." (Jeremiah 24:7); "...I will put My fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from Me" (Jeremiah 32:40).
As the tongues of fire rested upon the one hundred twenty in the upper room, the Holy Spirit was at work cutting away their "stony hearts of flesh"; bringing their entire beings...their minds, wills, spirits...back into unity with God.
Their hearts were being circumcised "...with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a (spiritual) circumcision (performed by) Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts" (Colossians 2:11)
They were being SET FREE from every bondage of the flesh!!!!!!!!!!!
They were being SET FREE of the desires that hindered them from serving God with their whole heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their minds were being SET FREE of the fear, doubt and unbelief!!!!!!!!!!!
Their wills were being SET FREE of their bondage to self!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under the New Covenant, God not only promised to give us a new heart but that He was going to put His Spirit WITHIN US!!!! God said, "...I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep My judgements, and do them" (Ezekiel 36:27).
That day in the upper room, God took out their stony hearts of flesh and sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within the one hundred twenty gathered there. His purpose for placing His Spirit within them was not to give them "goosbumps." It was not just so they would be able to speak in tongues, prophesy, heal the sick and perform miracles. Those were the results of His Spirit dwelling within them.
God placed His Spirit within man so he would be ONE with Him. That day Jesus' prayer for His disciples...That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou has sent Me" (John 17:21)...was fulfilled!!!
God came to live within them. The Godhead...Father, Son and Holy Spirit...came to dwell in them. "For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9). The one hundred twenty gathered together in the upper room became ONE in them. Through the Spirit within them, they became ONE with God and ONE with each other!!!
God placed His Spirit within man to revea His will to him and teach him His ways. Jesus told His disciples the Spirit would "lead and guide them into all truth." Jesus told them, "he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit not only writes God's laws in our hearts, He gives us the POWER to do them!!!
Under the Ole Covenant God required obedience. He told Israel: "...IF ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, THEN ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me..." (Exodus 19:5). The covenant blessings were dependent upon obedience.
God has not changed. He still requires obedience. However, under the New Covenant, instead of the covenant depending on man's ability to be obedient, God has placed His Spirit within man giving him the POWER to keep the covenant and to walk in 100% obedience to Him. God said: "...I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye SHALL keep My judgements, AND DO THEM" (Ezekiel 36:27).
This is the promise of the New Covenant. God has written His laws upon our hearts and has given us POWER TO OBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, in the upper room, as they received the promise of the Father...as they received the Holy Spirit...the one hundred twenty were SET FREE from the bondage of the Law!!!!
They were SET FREE from a dependence upon their flesh to do the will of God!!!!!!
God sent the Holy Spirit to live within man to give him POWER over sin. God said, "...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:34). Through the power of the blood of Jesus offered on the cross, to seal God's covenant with man, God has not only forgiven man's sins but has completely blotted out every trace of sin and freed man from its power.
The one hundred twenty were SET FREE...their sins forgiven!!!
They were SET FREE from the bondage of sin...the guilt and condemnation OF THE PAST...and were given power over sin!!!

Hebrew 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
WE ARE TO WALK IN A DEMONSTRATION OF POWER OVER SIN>>>OVER THE FLESH>>>OVER SATAN!!!!

By faith, we have entered into an everlasting covenant with God. He has sealed that covenant with an oath. He promised, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips" (Psalms 89:34).
The covenant has been sealed and made effective by the blood of Jesus. Under the New Covenant, not only has God bound Himself to us with an oath that He has sworn never to break; He has bound us to Himself by His Spirit, and given us the power to keep the covenant WITH HIM...WITH HIM>>>>WITH HIM!!!!!!!!
Jesus is our GUARENTEE of a better (stronger) agreement.
Jesus is our GUARENTEE that God will fulfill all the covenant promises He has given us!!! Jesus is our GUARENTEE that, by His Spirit within us, we will be able to keep our covenant WITH GOD!!!
His Spirit within us has empowered us!!

Hebrews 9:11-14 But Christ being come an High Priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
For if the blood of bulls, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot or blemish to God, PURGE YOUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE LIVING GOD?
No further sacrifice is needed. The work has been done!!
"Whereas this One (Christ), after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins (that shall avail) for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, then to wait until His enemies should be made a stool beneath His feet. For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected THOSE WHO ARE CONSECRATED AND MADE HOLY" (Hebrews 10:12-14).

...there, in the Temple, the people participated in the ceremonial Passover sacrifices. They praised God for their coming deliverance. Yet, they failed to see the broken, bleeding body of the Lamb of God as the perfect Sacrifice God had provided to deliver them from sin and the curse of the Law.
They failed to see that the day of deliverance had come. They failed to see that they were set free! They failed to see all that God had provided for them in the New Covenant........
............How could they be so blind? How could they look upon the broken body of Jesus and not recognize Him as the Lamb of God...their Redeemer...their Deliverer?...hard to imagiine...yet, in the Church today there is s spiritual blindness covering the eyes of many Christians. They fail to recognize Jesus as the mediator of the New Covenant.
Like the Jews who celebrated the Passover, they see His broken bleeding body, but they fail to see His sacrifice as being SUFFICIENT TO MEET ALL THEIR NEEDS. They may accept His sacrifice as being sufficient for the forgiveness of their sind, but not for the other needs in their lives.

Good study on the meaning and necessity of obedience to God's commandments Verna. The apostle John summed it all up and confirmed what you are saying in two sentences:

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HK

Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM

1 Chronicles 22:13 THEN shalt thou prosper,
IF thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgements which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.

1 Chronicles 28:7-8 Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever,
IF he be constant to do My commandments and My judgements, as at this day.
Now therefore in the sight of all Israel the congregation of the Lord, and in the audience of our God,
KEEP and SEEK for all the commandments of the Lord your God:
THAT YE MAY possess this good land, and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you forever.

I love you,
Verna.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 AM

Right - and His people have (as a whole) not done as the Lord commanded them. But has His faithfulness ever failed? Will His will not be done toward them?

(You will differ with me on that, I'm guessing.)

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONVEY.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM

Default ...I know little elmer, and I understand what you are saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Right - and His people have (as a whole) not done as the Lord commanded them. But has His faithfulness ever failed? Will His will not be done toward them?

(You will differ with me on that, I'm guessing.)

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONVEY.
Dear little elmer, I love you and I respect you and what you believe to be truth. I am not God...and I am not Jesus...I'm not an angel...nor a theologian...I am not a "seer", nor am I a prophet, and I do not claim to know it all, because, in fact, I realize that the more I come to understand, the less I know...I am a seeker, for the heart of God. All I know for sure is that God is Amighty; He is my Heavenly Father; He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross to pay a debt for me that I could never pay; His blood washed away all of my past sins...He became The Living Sacrifice...the innocent, spotless, unblemished Lamb of God...upon His death and resurrection, He sent His Holy Spirit to comfort, teach, lead, guide, and convict my conscience in a process of living out my salvation in fear and trembling, giving me the POWER, by His Spirit to overcome my self-will, to grow into a mature Christian who knows and accepts the fact that I must know the difference between good and evil...righteousness and unrighteousness...death and life...right and wrong...and I choose good...I choose righteousness...I choose life...and I choose right...and it isn't a problem, and it isn't a burden...it IS THE WILL OF GOD THAT I CHOOSE...THAT I MAKE THESE CHOICES...He says so...over, and over, and over again...He gave me my own free will to choose, and He said..."Choose life!"...and I do!! I have reached a place of rest......the Holy Spirit dwells within me...I know this by my fruit...I am a good tree!
I accept the terms and conditions spoken by my Father to uphold my end of the New Covenant, as commanded by Him. His Holy Spirit called my name, and I heard the call, and I answered and said, "Yes, Lord!...Come into my heart and change me!"...and He did!!!...little elmer...you believe that everyone will end up being saved, because you believe this is what God wills...I believe that everyone will not be saved, but God wills that everyone would come to believe in Him as their God..but you can not get around the Scriptures that say not everyone will enter into the kingdom of God...the way is very, very narrow...and few there are to go through the narrow way...many there are that will go the wide way, that does not lead to Him...I believe that everyone will know that the Lord God is THE LORD GOD OF ALL...but I also believe that even the ones permanently seperated from Him for all eternity will also finally believe this to be true...but there will be an abiss that can not be crossed. Remember the story of Lazerous, the poor beggar at the Gate called Beautiful...the King who passed by him ignoring his hand held out for alms...food...or a cup of water in the least...the king died...went to be wherever that place is that is seperate from God...and the beggar went to be with God...there is no crossing this abiss...but those on both sides will believe in the Lord God Almighty!!..and in the end, when All-IN-All IS SAID AND DONE...All WILL BELIEVE IN HIM! There will be no mistaken in this truth.

I love you,
Verna.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear little elmer, I love you and I respect you and what you believe to be truth. I am not God...and I am not Jesus...I'm not an angel...nor a theologian...I am not a "seer", nor am I a prophet, and I do not claim to know it all, because, in fact, I realize that the more I come to understand, the less I know...I am a seeker, for the heart of God. All I know for sure is that God is Amighty; He is my Heavenly Father; He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross to pay a debt for me that I could never pay; His blood washed away all of my past sins...He became The Living Sacrifice...the innocent, spotless, unblemished Lamb of God...upon His death and resurrection, He sent His Holy Spirit to comfort, teach, lead, guide, and convict my conscience in a process of living out my salvation in fear and trembling, giving me the POWER, by His Spirit to overcome my self-will, to grow into a mature Christian who knows and accepts the fact that I must know the difference between good and evil...righteousness and unrighteousness...death and life...right and wrong...and I choose good...I choose righteousness...I choose life...and I choose right...and it isn't a problem, and it isn't a burden...it IS THE WILL OF GOD THAT I CHOOSE...THAT I MAKE THESE CHOICES...He says so...over, and over, and over again...He gave me my own free will to choose, and He said..."Choose life!"...and I do!! I have reached a place of rest......the Holy Spirit dwells within me...I know this by my fruit...I am a good tree!
I accept the terms and conditions spoken by my Father to uphold my end of the New Covenant, as commanded by Him. His Holy Spirit called my name, and I heard the call, and I answered and said, "Yes, Lord!...Come into my heart and change me!"...and He did!!!...little elmer...you believe that everyone will end up being saved, because you believe this is what God wills...I believe that everyone will not be saved, but God wills that everyone would come to believe in Him as their God..but you can not get around the Scriptures that say not everyone will enter into the kingdom of God...the way is very, very narrow...and few there are to go through the narrow way...many there are that will go the wide way, that does not lead to Him...I believe that everyone will know that the Lord God is THE LORD GOD OF ALL...but I also believe that even the ones permanently seperated from Him for all eternity will also finally believe this to be true...but there will be an abiss that can not be crossed. Remember the story of Lazerous, the poor beggar at the Gate called Beautiful...the King who passed by him ignoring his hand held out for alms...food...or a cup of water in the least...the king died...went to be wherever that place is that is seperate from God...and the beggar went to be with God...there is no crossing this abiss...but those on both sides will believe in the Lord God Almighty!!..and in the end, when All-IN-All IS SAID AND DONE...All WILL BELIEVE IN HIM! There will be no mistaken in this truth.

I love you,
Verna.
Verna - thank you for your kind words. Time to get everyone to bed, but I thought I would respond briefly. I see the scriptures that tell not all will see the Kingdom, and I don't trip over them - I simply see them as describing what will be the destiny of the carnal nature that is in every one of us, that we know will not enter.

But the separating of the soul and spirit of a man is like the tares and the wheat; one will be burned up & one will live on: the fire that scripture speaks of is (I believe) already among us, and has been a refining component in the lives of believers. Every man will taste this fire, and all the works (flesh) will be destroyed. Every man will see the glory of God, and fall down in acknowledgement - I believe that seeing Him is what turns the heart, not the fear of consequence.

I love you, and trust that He will remain the center of our focus.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Default Uzziah, the king of Judah prospered...

...as long as he sought after God.

2 Chronicles 26:1-5 All the people of Judah had crowned Amaziah's sixteen-year-old son, Uzziah, as king in place of his father. After his father's death, Uzziah rebuilt the town of Elath, and restored it to Judah.
Uzziah was sixteen years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-two years. His mother was Jecoliah from Jerusalem. He did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight, just as his father, Amaziah, had done. Uzziah sought God during the days of Zechariah, who taught him to fear God. And as long as the king sought guidance from the Lord, God gave him success.......

.......But when he had become powerful, he also became proud, which led to his downfall.......

.......Uzziah, who was holding an incense burner, became furious. But as he was standing there raging at the priests before the alltar in the Lord's Temple, leprosy suddenly broke out on his forehead...he had leprosy until the day he died...isolated and seperaated from God.

He was exalted in his own eyes....he forgot God...he disregarded the commandments concerning the priesthood, and presumed to go into the temple, and to take the sacred position of the priest to burn incense upon the altar. As a result of his disobedience and sin against God, he became leprous while still standing by the altar of incense. Uzziah lost his kingdom, was cut off from the house of the Lord, and died a leper.

Determine in your heart to remember God as your Source...and continually seek after Him...to know Him in His unlimited power,,,to know His will...to acknowledge His blessings, and honor and praise Him...remember His faithfulness...remember His promises...As long as we remember God and keep seeking after Him with our whole heart, He will fulfill His Word, and will bless and prosper you...God bless you each and every one! I love you!!!!!!

Verna.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Default You are precious to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Verna - thank you for your kind words. Time to get everyone to bed, but I thought I would respond briefly. I see the scriptures that tell not all will see the Kingdom, and I don't trip over them - I simply see them as describing what will be the destiny of the carnal nature that is in every one of us, that we know will not enter.

But the separating of the soul and spirit of a man is like the tares and the wheat; one will be burned up & one will live on: the fire that scripture speaks of is (I believe) already among us, and has been a refining component in the lives of believers. Every man will taste this fire, and all the works (flesh) will be destroyed. Every man will see the glory of God, and fall down in acknowledgement - I believe that seeing Him is what turns the heart, not the fear of consequence.

I love you, and trust that He will remain the center of our focus.
..and He will...God bless you my brother in Christ.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Default In God's eyes, Jotham led a good life...

...2 Chronicles 27:1-6 Jotham was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem sixteen years. His mother was Jerusha, the daughter of Zadok.
Jotham did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight. He did everything his father, Uzziah, had done, except that Jotham did not sin by entering the Temple of the Lord. But the people continued in their corrupt ways.
Jotham rebuilt the upper gate of the Temple of the Lord. He also did extensive rebuilding on the wall at the hill of Ophel. He built towns in the hill country of Judah and constructed fortresses and towers in the wooded areas. Jotham went to war against the Ammonites and conquered them. Over the next three years he received from them an annual tribute of 7,500 pounds of silver, 50,000 bushels of wheat, and 50,000 bushels of barley...

...King Jotham became powerful because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord his God.

I love you,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity