Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 01:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Pretending to be a victim by comparing societies view of your sexual habits to racial segregation can't be topped..
My sexual habits?! Are you already assuming I'm gay? Careful of your wording...Sorry to disappoint, but I'm just a former conservative Christian turned sarcastic moderate who is now allergic to bs Actually, comparing to segregation really isn't that far of a stretch as it might seem depending how you look at it. The main differences is that gays could potentially hide who they were but when they were found out, it was often the own families and communities that disowned them which can often hurt even more than separate water fountains and the other awful things of segregation. The feeling of everyone you love hating or disowning you is a hard thing to beat I'm sure. Gays still have not overcome many of these problems today and they are still made into boogeymen "forcing their beliefs on people" by many. Now if you don't agree with this line of argumentation comparing gays to segragation, I expect a better argument than "that's ridiculous!"
Quote:
When homosexuals were truly victims they were made to wear pink triangles. Make my day, compare todays western homosexuals to the European Jews during holocaust! And hunker down for a real theocratic storm. It'll be nothing compared to the weak response you get from conservative Christians or African American civil right fighters.
Ummm...no sorry to disappoint again, I'm not going to make that comparison because that would indeed be ridiculous...well..maybe not in certain middle eastern countries where it still carries a death sentence..but at least it would be just them and hopefully not their entire families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Pretending to be a victim by comparing societies view of your sexual habits to racial segregation can't be topped.

When homosexuals were truly victims they were made to wear pink triangles.

Make my day, compare todays western homosexuals to the European Jews during holocaust! And hunker down for a real theocratic storm. It'll be nothing compared to the weak response you get from conservative Christians or African American civil right fighters.
Wow! Discrimination against Jews at the time didn't happen until Hitler?

Seriously, do you really think that the degree of persecution is all that important when simply the fact of it is basis for ALL degrees?

Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I'm probably going to regret getting involved with this thread but I have to say it's hilarious when conservative Christians pretend that they're the victims on this issue. Oh poor you...
Regretting it yet, Jr?? The simple answer to the Op is that God does not hate anyone, period. Hate is NOT a characteristic of agape love and God IS agape love. I really don't understand the vitriol and animus directed at homosexuals. Those who hold such animus can not have sought out what God has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the guidance of the Comforter. Love seems to be a very scarce commodity among far too many Christians. Christ can not be pleased.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-19-2014 at 10:02 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 09:58 PM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you read your bible with the ability to see and hear ?.

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

These folk could run circles around you in the reading scriptures department and look what Jesus said to them.

What you said in your post is probably the most absurd thing i have ever read on this forum.
What I posyted are Jesus words. They are the most absurd thing you have ever read?

Last edited by domenic; 06-19-2014 at 10:08 PM..

Old 06-20-2014, 03:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
What I posyted are Jesus words. They are the most absurd thing you have ever read?
No your understanding of them is. Think about what you said.........You said God loves all people but will come again and make war with the ones he loves and destroy them, do you not really think there is something wrong with that train of thought ?.

I quoted scripture too

Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 PM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No your understanding of them is. Think about what you said.........You said God loves all people but will come again and make war with the ones he loves and destroy them, do you not really think there is something wrong with that train of thought ?.

I quoted scripture too
Jesus said about his return..."I have not come to make peace, but with a sword."

Many think God loves everybody all the time. This is what Gods says;

Love can have a heavy hand.

Genesis 6:7
English Standard Version
So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.â€

Genesis 7:4
Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

He also says the next time will be with fire.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Jesus said about his return..."I have not come to make peace, but with a sword."

Many think God loves everybody all the time. This is what Gods says;

Love can have a heavy hand.

Genesis 6:7
English Standard Version
So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Genesis 7:4
Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

He also says the next time will be with fire.

So you believe love is harmful too ?. You do not know love nor the scriptures. Love does NO HARM to its neighbor, THEREFORE LOVE IS the fulfillment of the law. Romans13:10

Old 06-20-2014, 03:32 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Are you already assuming I'm gay? Careful of your wording...Sorry to disappoint, but I'm just a former conservative Christian turned sarcastic moderate who is now allergic to bs
There's more BS coming from non-homosexuals defending MSM than from the actual MSM. Which in itself is more worrisome as they had little dealings with their real lifestyle.

And you are wrong to think I would be a conservative Christian. I probably would be defined by others as agnostic, yet I have the utmost respect for people who try to adhere to a moral, organized religion. Instead of customizing their spiritual ideas on the go or running for a sect.

I lived in the West Village of Manhattan all through the '80s and '90s with my family. I saw men fornicate with random men in clubs, hallways, offices, gyms, subways, parks--you name it. Waste their money on themselves for vanity, take any drug under the sky, get sick, have more sex, get sicker, pretend to be 'happy', get better & better jobs, higher incomes, have more sex with more men, more media power, more political might, more sex than any hetero sexual man could ever hope for. And then die in their mid forties from drugs, suicide or AIDS. If unexpectedly getting older, they are all lonely, pathetic, and sad now.

Any big religion describes this kind of self-centered, pleasure-driven, unhealthy life as wrong. And no polished image of a loving male couple in suburbia will make us believe that this would be their desired lifestyle which our society discriminates again.

MSM is vicious, careless, unhealthy, drug infused, egoistic, and destroys families. It's YOLO. Toxic to the social fabric and anti-religious. But it is a huge money generating machinery for media, companies and politicians, so our western capitalism promotes MSM more and more.

So in biblical terms, homosexuality is the Golden Calf our society dances around these days.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
[quote=KaraBenNemsi;35321758]
I lived in the West Village of Manhattan all through the '80s and '90s with my family. I saw men fornicate with random men in clubs, hallways, offices, gyms, subways, parks--you name it. Waste their money on themselves for vanity, take any drug under the sky, get sick, have more sex, get sicker, pretend to be 'happy', get better & better jobs, higher incomes, have more sex with more men, more media power, more political might, more sex than any hetero sexual man could ever hope for. And then die in their mid forties from drugs, suicide or AIDS. If unexpectedly getting older, they are all lonely, pathetic, and sad now.
quote]

Wow! That's like me living near a Las Vegas brothel and then painting all heterosexual women as prostitutes!

Are you not aware that gay men in the 80s in the West Village are not representative of all gay men? I'm a gay man in my 40s and here's a little secret I'll let you in on. I'm not lonely or pathetic. I have a husband who I've been with for 18 years in a monogamous relationship. Neither one of us has an STD and are, in fact, healthier than most men in their 40s because we take good care of ourselves. And we have children. We're a family. And there are many other same sex couples with children in our neighborhod who are also happy, healthy parents and productive members of society.

But I will give you credit for putting your bigotry out there without attempting to hide it behind religion

Old 06-20-2014, 04:15 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
[quote=denverian;35321891]
Quote:
quote]

Wow! That's like me living near a Las Vegas brothel and then painting all heterosexual women as prostitutes!

Are you not aware that gay men in the 80s in the West Village are not representative of all gay men? I'm a gay man in my 40s and here's a little secret I'll let you in on. I'm not lonely or pathetic. I have a husband who I've been with for 18 years in a monogamous relationship. Neither one of us has an STD and are, in fact, healthier than most men in their 40s because we take good care of ourselves. And we have children. We're a family. And there are many other same sex couples with children in our neighborhod who are also happy, healthy parents and productive members of society.

But I will give you credit for putting your bigotry out there without attempting to hide it behind religion
I find it interesting that what you call bigotry only goes one way. What you espouse can be considered bigotry on the part of anyone who does not agree with your POV. It seems that in the past 5 to 10 years we hear gays whining to the media about how they have been ostracized and not accepted by the world...and they lay the majority if not all of the blame on Christians. How sad for the gay community.

What truly boggles me is that they liken their plight to the struggles of the black man and his fight for rights and justice. They liken themselves to the Jews and the anti-Semitic attitudes throughout hundreds of years. I am surprised that I haven't heard them liken themselves to the women's suffrage movement and how they fought hard to be able to vote.

The gay community needs to stop worrying about everyone accepting them and everything they do or think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity