Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:26 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You STILL didn't answer my questions. The whole point of telling us that what was being taught was "milk" and not "solid food" because we were too carnal . . . was to alert us to the need to reevaluate the "precepts and doctrines of men." They were developed using the "milk" so as we became less carnal and more spiritual as knowledge progressed we were to revise our understanding. It didn't happen. We are a perverse species.
No need. I am more than familiar with the favorite verse of the"easy believers." Odd that they would focus on such an easy ear-tickling way to follow Christ and ignore His direct instructions to His disciples, don't you think? I wonder why? Do you think because it is difficult to try to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't??? I know I find it difficult. There are some really obnoxious and awful people out there that really tax my best efforts.
You twist Jesus' words. He never said such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesogeiakos View Post
There is no God my friend.He is a fairytale just to make you guys get through the b*tch called life.My desire to be treated equally is irrelevant.Down with the yoke of religiosity in our societies.Christian,Muslim,Martian I couldnt care less. Point is that the dogmatic religious crap keep us in the dark ages socially despite having some allies of various faiths along the way.It's just not enough.Religion causes division.I hope we non-religious and atheists soon outnumber you in society.I truly do.I want a secular non religious society my friend.
When you wrap all people of all faiths together and determine they all act the same, think the same, have the same attitudes and are not contributing in anyway to society, it takes me right back to 1963 Mississippi when I heard white teenagers uttering the same garbage about black people.

Do a little introspection prior to lumping all Christians together. I think some of the atheists on this forum have a better grasp of what living the precepts of Jesus is all about, than some Christians who wave and quote the Bible.

And besides, agnostics outnumber both Christians and atheists. Some may acknowledge God, but if it makes no difference in how they live their lives, for all intents and purposes they really don't care one way or another. That is a true agnostic.

If being treated equally is irrelevant to you, then get out of the way so us religious fanatics can find ways to help the rest of your clan. Their hearts may not be so hardened that they cannot accept a little kindness and support. I don't believe you are very representative of the majority, just as some of us Christians are, thankfully, not representative of our majority.

Good luck winging it alone. It's the American way after all.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 07-03-2014 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You STILL didn't answer my questions. The whole point of telling us that what was being taught was "milk" and not "solid food" because we were too carnal . . . was to alert us to the need to reevaluate the "precepts and doctrines of men." They were developed using the "milk" so as we became less carnal and more spiritual as knowledge progressed we were to revise our understanding. It didn't happen. We are a perverse species.
No need. I am more than familiar with the favorite verse of the"easy believers." Odd that they would focus on such an easy ear-tickling way to follow Christ and ignore His direct instructions to His disciples, don't you think? I wonder why? Do you think because it is difficult to try to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't??? I know I find it difficult. There are some really obnoxious and awful people out there that really tax my best efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
You twist Jesus' words. He never said such a thing.
I have seen enough of your posts that I am inclined to believe that YOU do not think He said any such thing. But I am afraid that is a lack of knowledge and understanding on your part . . . NOT Christ's.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:35 PM

151 posts, read 146,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
When you wrap all people of all faiths together and determine they all act the same

Do a little introspection prior to lumping all Christians together.

Mate, English may not be my first tongue but spare me.I said that the fact we have allies among faith groups is not enough, obviously not everyone is the same and actually the slim majority of religious people in the western world are for gay rights . So I am not that stupid as to lump people together.I just made the distinction that it is irrelevant whether you are Christian or Martian.. I am saying that religion,religiosity and how the official dogmas manipulate and propagate their subjects helps keep us socially in the dark ages.

God is dead.I just hope religions die out as well and we outnumber you guys.It will be a huge step forward for our civilisation

Lastly i dont give a flying f*ck about your perceived American way

Old 07-04-2014, 01:02 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
There is no God my friend.He is a fairytale just to make you guys get through the b*tch called life.My desire to be treated equally is irrelevant.Down with the yoke of religiosity in our societies.Christian,Muslim,Martian I couldnt care less. Point is that the dogmatic religious crap keep us in the dark ages socially despite having some allies of various faiths along the way.It's just not enough.Religion causes division.I hope we non-religious and atheists soon outnumber you in society.I truly do.I want a secular non religious society my friend.
Quote:
Mate, English may not be my first tongue but spare me.I said that the fact we have allies among faith groups is not enough, obviously not everyone is the same and actually the slim majority of religious people in the western world are for gay rights . So I am not that stupid as to lump people together.I just made the distinction that it is irrelevant whether you are Christian or Martian.. I am saying that religion,religiosity and how the official dogmas manipulate and propagate their subjects helps keep us socially in the dark ages.

God is dead.I just hope religions die out as well and we outnumber you guys.It will be a huge step forward for our civilisation

Your writing is clear enough that I didn't pick up on your different nationality. So if you are fluent in two languages you are ahead of about 2/3s of all Americans. Congrats.

As to whether you give a flying anything about anyone or anything else, that has nothing to do with how I feel toward you. That dead God drives me to care about you regardless of how you feel about Christians or religion. Your rights are more important than my feelings and your feelings are more important than my rights. I wish you the very best out of life.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:05 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Buddy, you just lost a whole lot of credibility.

I'm not American either, but you don't go insulting an entire country based on your preconceived ideas. Isn't that exactly what you are accusing others of with regards to same sex people?

Maybe it would help if you reflected on your comments after the bottle is not so near at hand.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
When you wrap all people of all faiths together and determine they all act the same, think the same, have the same attitudes and are not contributing in anyway to society, it takes me right back to 1963 Mississippi when I heard white teenagers uttering the same garbage about black people.

Do a little introspection prior to lumping all Christians together. I think some of the atheists on this forum have a better grasp of what living the precepts of Jesus is all about, than some Christians who wave and quote the Bible.

And besides, agnostics outnumber both Christians and atheists. Some may acknowledge God, but if it makes no difference in how they live their lives, for all intents and purposes they really don't care one way or another. That is a true agnostic.

If being treated equally is irrelevant to you, then get out of the way so us religious fanatics can find ways to help the rest of your clan. Their hearts may not be so hardened that they cannot accept a little kindness and support. I don't believe you are very representative of the majority, just as some of us Christians are, thankfully, not representative of our majority.

Good luck winging it alone. It's the American way after all.
Sheesh. Talk about painting with a broad brush. I'm an agnostic and I assure you, I care.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 AM

151 posts, read 146,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Buddy, you just lost a whole lot of credibility.

I'm not American either, but you don't go insulting an entire country based on your preconceived ideas. Isn't that exactly what you are accusing others of with regards to same sex people?
The comment was personal and critical of his/her perceived idea about the ''American way''. I dont believe in nations and national,ethnic,social,racial,religious etc divisions.I believe those divisions are made up crap that segregate us and are absolutely detrimental for the human experience. I do object however when people speak about their countries in a self-centered way and I shall respond in an equally arrogant way if I am in the mood.

Basically I was critical of his/her bias to immediately think I am American even if his/her intentions were benign.You can accuse me of being an arrogant prick (which I most definitely am given the circumstance) but dont give me this bs that I am somehow offending an entire nation.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:47 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
That may be your belief, but you have no right to ask secular society to endorse it.

Who cares what Steve and Paul or Mary and Delilah do in their bedroom as consenting adults? It doesn't affect you, me or society.

This love the sinner but hate the sin mantra has washed a bit thin over time.
I never asked anyone. A Christian is set apart from your secular society. He/she has come out of the world. I won't be called to answer for Steve and Paul or Mary and Delilah neither will they be called to answer for me. As a Christian though, the Bible is perfectly clear. You may not accept it but that is up to you and has no bearing on me - I don't claim to have written any part of it. I cannot give you the absolution you seek either.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:49 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
This is the bul**** made up notion of ''sin'' . Keep it real mate. God (and Santa for that matter) dont exist.We gay people do.

Get over it and let us live our lives with dignity and respect, spare us the crap about morality,sin etc.
I grant you permission to live your lives as you wish. I don't matter in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity