Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
True, He is no respecter of persons, but surely we call God "Father" for a reason don't you think?
I believe Gods nature contains both genders....we've given Him the name Father and I don't have a problem with that...I don't consider God a male in the sense of a human male. God is my creator or my parent which is both Father and Mother. And your point is???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 01:13 PM

159 posts, read 230,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Where did GOD say that.....I see that Paul said he wanted these things....show me the scripture where it says GOD said it.

1 Tim 2:9 Likewise, I want (Paul wants) women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,

10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow (Paul doesn't allow) a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
2 Tim 3:16-17 says all scripture is given by inspiration of God so God said it.

Plus, 1 Corinthians 14:34 does not say I want it says "let your women keep silence in the churches for it is not permitted unto them to speak"

Old 10-23-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
2 Tim 3:16-17 says all scripture is given by inspiration of God so God said it.

Plus, 1 Corinthians 14:34 does not say I want it says "let your women keep silence in the churches for it is not permitted unto them to speak"
I believe that ALL scripture was written by inspiration....but we don't have ALL scripture....all we have is what the Church of Rome decided we should have.

Hmmmm....the last time I checked....I wasn't under the law anymore. It's nice to only show a part of the scripture when grasping for straws.

1 Cor 14:34 The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I believe that ALL scripture was written by inspiration....but we don't have ALL scripture....all we have is what the Church of Rome decided we should have.

Hmmmm....the last time I checked....I wasn't under the law anymore. It's nice to only show a part of the scripture when grasping for straws.

1 Cor 14:34 The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.
Just as the law also says, which means this law says as well. It is a command that is reiterated in the new law. It is said in this law and also in that one. The new testament is a perfect "law" (james 1:25). Both are laws and both state that women are to keep silent in the church. I am not tryin to be mean I am just studyin the scriptures as you are. I love women and they are just as important as I am. They have roles as well as the men, but the bible teaches that speaking out in church is not one of them.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times
Quote:
I believe Gods nature contains both genders....we've given Him the name Father and I don't have a problem with that...I don't consider God a male in the sense of a human male. God is my creator or my parent which is both Father and Mother. And your point is???????
My point is that not being a "respecter" of persons in my opinion has nothing to do with gender. And now that you have responded with additional points of view, my point is, with respect for your right to believe as you will, that to me, God the Father is exactly that, the literal FATHER (male) of the spirit bodies that animate and integrate our physical bodies prior to their death.

But I understand that a lot of people have been confused about the nature of God the Father and our family relationship with Him, probably mainly because of certain 4th and 5th century creeds invented by groups of scholars seeking consensus, and promoted even today by some church leaders.

Jesus Christ who represented God the Father on earth was male, not a mysterious combination of male and female was he not?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:33 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
In the early church the men sat close up front, and the women and little kids sat back behind a screen wall.

Telling the women to be quiet is a hint that there was a lot of talking and asking questions going on.

The way the women are told to ask their husbands when they get home also suggests that the "Women must be scielent" verse is talking about women interrupting the church service with questions.

This was a problem and telling the women to ask their husbands is still the best advice over interrupting the service of everyone else to ask a million questions.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,737 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ who represented God the Father on earth was male, not a mysterious combination of male and female was he not?
yea, I mean, what person on earth has ever been a mysterious combination of male and female?!?!? ohhhhhhhh wait, everyone. haha.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
In the early church the men sat close up front, and the women and little kids sat back behind a screen wall.

Telling the women to be quiet is a hint that there was a lot of talking and asking questions going on.

The way the women are told to ask their husbands when they get home also suggests that the "Women must be scielent" verse is talking about women interrupting the church service with questions.

This was a problem and telling the women to ust ask their husbands is still the best advice over interupting the service of everyone else to ask a million questions.
This is a historical assumption and not a biblical fact. The reason the bible gives is "for it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church" (verse 35). Now I do agree that they were asking questions (as verse 35 hints to) but it does not say this is why they must speak. It does not say if they don't ask a question they can speak. Make sense?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Just as the law also says, which means this law says as well. It is a command that is reiterated in the new law. It is said in this law and also in that one. The new testament is a perfect "law" (james 1:25). Both are laws and both state that women are to keep silent in the church. I am not tryin to be mean I am just studyin the scriptures as you are. I love women and they are just as important as I am. They have roles as well as the men, but the bible teaches that speaking out in church is not one of them.
The new law contains only two things....according to Jesus:

Love God with all your heart, soul and mind and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Man made law...doesn't apply.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
My point is that not being a "respecter" of persons in my opinion has nothing to do with gender. And now that you have responded with additional points of view, my point is, with respect for your right to believe as you will, that to me, God the Father is exactly that, the literal FATHER (male) of the spirit bodies that animate and integrate our physical bodies prior to their death.

But I understand that a lot of people have been confused about the nature of God the Father and our family relationship with Him, probably mainly because of certain 4th and 5th century creeds invented by groups of scholars seeking consensus, and promoted even today by some church leaders.

That a new one on me....I've heard of God being called Father and considered the male and the earth being called Mother and considered the female...this is common in Mysticism. I'm not sure where you are going with your thought. I believe Gods spirit is in me now....and I'm not quite sure what you mean by... literal FATHER (male) of the spirit bodies that animate and integrate our physical bodies prior to their death.

You believe there is more than one spirit that enters the body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity