Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,043,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Donald Trump is the owner of the Pageant and I just figured I would share what he had to say about the situation.

I dont like Rosie, dont have a problem with the Donald, dont like Perez, dont know Prejean, and have no problems with Clowns.
No I understand. I was just stating my opinion that what Donald Trump thinks about how it was handled by each party.. holds about as much water as a colander
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 PM

307 posts, read 478,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Apparently DOTL and many others on this forum. There's a reason why ALL the prophets throughout history have called out for us stop oppression and abuse and to deal justly.

It's amazing to me why something that warranted 3 or 4 questionable verses in a very very long collection of books is the thing that is supposedly proof of America going to the unseen underworld in a picnic case.

This is nothing more than Christians obsessing about sex.

Want to really break some oppression? Support fair trade and stop making slavery profitable. Visit an elderly Jesus down the street or in a prison - maybe take a good meal or blanket along.

Funny how in the most famous 'hell' passage nothing is mentioned about gays. A LOT is said about inaction concerning those suffering.

"If you did it NOT to the least of these you did it not to me"

Whenever it's possible I support and help others less fortunate. This post is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. You talk of oppression. What about the oppression of beliefs, sincerely held, by the tyranny of Political Correctness?

God's laws are not at the mercy of fashion or time. He is unchangeable.

Homosexuality is an abomination in His eyes, along with many other sins. That does not mean that I, or any other Christian would 'oppress' the practicer. We are simply stating a God-given truth. As Sandgirl said, the truth sometimes hurts.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,573,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
Whenever it's possible I support and help others less fortunate. This post is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. You talk of oppression. What about the oppression of beliefs, sincerely held, by the tyranny of Political Correctness?

Homosexuality is an abomination in His eyes, along with many other sins. That does not mean that I, or any other Christian would 'oppress' the practicer. We are simply stating a God-given truth. As Sandgirl said, the truth sometimes hurts.
Wow...I had planned a reply to this post but never got around to it. Excellent and well said!!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:32 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,591,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post

I wasn't talking about oppression of gays (re-read the post) so once again it seems like a gay obsession to me. I was talking about weightier matters.

That 'truth hurts' statement cuts both ways.

It's a breech of our constitution to oppress expression of beliefs. Do you remember when the ACLU came out in defense of Fred Phelps right to do what he does?

The fact that I can post here about the worldwide slave trade (which American consumers knowingly or unknowingly support) and almost no one is interested and a few even chime in to say that slavery is 'biblical' goes to prove my point pretty well. No smoke or mirrors needed.

Many here are obsessed with homosexuality WAY out of proportion to how much emphasis Jesus or the prophets put on the subject.

That's my point.

Who's constitutional rights were broken at the pageant? Was the contestant carted off to jail for speaking her mind? Each stated their opinion - and so Christians are complaining about ???

So at least give all abominations equal billing:
http://godhatesshrimp.com/

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM

53 posts, read 69,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I wasn't talking about oppression of gays (re-read the post) so once again it seems like a gay obsession to me. I was talking about weightier matters.

That 'truth hurts' statement cuts both ways.

It's a breech of our constitution to oppress expression of beliefs. Do you remember when the ACLU came out in defense of Fred Phelps right to do what he does?

The fact that I can post here about the worldwide slave trade (which American consumers knowingly or unknowingly support) and almost no one is interested and a few even chime in to say that slavery is 'biblical' goes to prove my point pretty well. No smoke or mirrors needed.

Many here are obsessed with homosexuality WAY out of proportion to how much emphasis Jesus or the prophets put on the subject.

That's my point.

Who's constitutional rights were broken at the pageant? Was the contestant carted off to jail for speaking her mind? Each stated their opinion - and so Christians are complaining about ???

So at least give all abominations equal billing:
God Hates Shrimp

Hear hear! Well said! - Matthew 19:21
"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
@ Elizabeth7 - I don't think "Give what you can" is in the Bible - And I don't think Jesus would be impressed with explanations that you *need* your computer etc.

Last edited by Abs42; 04-28-2009 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Unclear who I am addressing

Old 04-28-2009, 12:40 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,507,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs42 View Post
"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
@ Elizabeth7 - I don't think "Give what you can" is in the Bible - And I don't think Jesus would be impressed with explanations that you *need* your computer etc.
What was well said? and what does that verse have to do with anything?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,809,424 times
Quote:
The young ruler asked what he must do to inherit the kingdom of God and declared himself self righteous by his claims, so Jesus showed just how unrighteous he was. The ruler did not realize how simple it was to follow Christ so Christ gave him what was imposible for him. There is a lesson to be learned there but many miss it.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM

53 posts, read 69,926 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What was well said? and what does that verse have to do with anything?
The post I quoted was well said, and this comment "Whenever it's possible I support and help others less fortunate. This post is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. You talk of oppression. What about the oppression of beliefs, sincerely held, by the tyranny of Political Correctness?" was what my chapter and verse was aimed at.
Do you understand now?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,809,424 times
Quote:
The post I quoted was well said, and this comment "Whenever it's possible I support and help others less fortunate. This post is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. You talk of oppression. What about the oppression of beliefs, sincerely held, by the tyranny of Political Correctness?" was what my chapter and verse was aimed at.
Do you understand now?
Sorry I missed it, but very good point.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,507,746 times
Quote:
Do you understand now?

OH YA! OH YA!!....well....well.
Can't argue with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity