U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,407,214 times

Advertisements

I was born into a Roman Catholic family on the southside of chicago. I went to a catholic school, did communion, and even confirmation. however, as i have aged i found a natural doorway into the spirit world using meditation and concentrating on my 3rd eye. This is why hindus in India, men and women alike, wear the dot on their forehead to represent the 3rd eye. And the Ancient Egyptions did the same thing with the Eye of Horus. Billions of people use meditation and the 3rd eye to enter the spirit world.

My question is, where do you stand on this? Are you tolerant of those who share a similar background as you (Christianity) and those who don't when it comes to practicing Astral Projection, Divination, focusing on the third eye, and meditation?

Over the past few years I have spent thousands of dollars on filling my library with supernatural books and books about men who were ahead of their time such as Nicola Tesla. Some of these books are (for example):

Amazon.com: The Fifth Dimension: Vera Stanley Alder: Books

Bardo Thodol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am curious to know if you are tolerant of other avenues to reach a spiritual plateau or if you are alarmed by it. What is your opinion on the matter? Thanks in advance.

Here's some information on the topic at hand:

Third eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meditation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Astral projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Divination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM

592 posts, read 1,635,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I was born into a Roman Catholic family on the southside of chicago. I went to a catholic school, did communion, and even confirmation. however, as i have aged i found a natural doorway into the spirit world using meditation and concentrating on my 3rd eye. This is why hindus in India, men and women alike, wear the dot on their forehead to represent the 3rd eye. And the Ancient Egyptions did the same thing with the Eye of Horus. Billions of people use meditation and the 3rd eye to enter the spirit world.

My question is, where do you stand on this? Are you tolerant of those who share a similar background as you (Christianity) and those who don't when it comes to practicing Astral Projection, Divination, focusing on the third eye, and meditation?

Over the past few years I have spent thousands of dollars on filling my library with supernatural books and books about men who were ahead of their time such as Nicola Tesla. Some of these books are (for example):

Amazon.com: The Fifth Dimension: Vera Stanley Alder: Books

Bardo Thodol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am curious to know if you are tolerant of other avenues to reach a spiritual plateau or if you are alarmed by it. What is your opinion on the matter? Thanks in advance.

Here's some information on the topic at hand:

Third eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meditation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Astral projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Divination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm going to refrain from making comments about you being a Cyclops...Honest..I won't do it...I'm above that kind of stuff and the moderators might spank me with their rolled up newspapers...

Posting that on the Christian forum isn't the best move on your part...

Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 AM

It is though because I am a german/russian/cherokee 25 year old male from Chicago who is smack dab in the central of Christianity (America). My Uncle and his father were priests at St. Peter's in Chicago. I have deep Roman Catholic veins running through my family. I am just wondering how tolerant, or intolerant, Christians are to these other avenues so I can guage whether or not I can discuss these things openly in the future.

8,989 posts, read 13,174,568 times
I admit I have always been intrigued by Tesla-facsinating man but here it is in a nutshell. As Christians we know that God wants all the glory, God wants us to put all our trust in Him-we are to surrender. God is a jealous God because we belong to Him, all these practices you speak of causes the individual to take their focus off God and placed on to either the individual or something else which is not of God. I love to meditate but on the word of God nothing else. This may seem intolerant to you but for a Christian we do what our Father wants because this is how we love Him with all our soul and strength.

1,788 posts, read 4,431,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Posting that on the Christian forum isn't the best move on your part...
You're right, it probably should have gone out in the R&P forum, but it's not nearly as bad as the "Who do you think god is?" posts being left in the atheist/agnostic forum.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM

I have also read, and own, other books such as these (as I am sure some of you have as well):

Amazon.com: Book of Lies: Aleister Crowley: Books

Amazon.com: The Book of the Law: Liber Al Vel Legis: Aleister Crowley, Rose Edith Crowley: Books

Are these Devil books? I don't want to offend anyone but I have to know...

Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 AM

592 posts, read 1,635,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
It is though because I am a german/russian/cherokee 25 year old male from Chicago who is smack dab in the central of Christianity (America). My Uncle and his father were priests at St. Peter's in Chicago. I have deep Roman Catholic veins running through my family. I am just wondering how tolerant, or intolerant, Christians are to these other avenues so I can guage whether or not I can discuss these things openly in the future.
I think most Christian's stay away from teaching like that...For me as a Christian, I follow what's in the bible...

Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 AM

I'm not looking for a debate or to change anyone's opinions, I just want your view point good or bad. Thanks Hazel Eyes, Fundamentalist, and the others for your contributions to my thread.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:43 AM

11,145 posts, read 14,522,384 times
I was raised similarly to you. When you seek truth regardless of cultural expectation or indoctrination, you begin to awaken to a reality that cannot be bound by any one religion. You begin to see the wisdom that transcends all paths. That's what you're doing. Don't be afraid of it. You're awakening to higher realms of awareness and you'll probably find yourself eventually coming back to Christ but on a much more profound level than when you left. We, as a global civilization, are awakening to this reality. It's a very exciting time and perhaps the greatest transformation humanity has ever made. You don't have to run off to India or to an Indian reservation like folks in the 60s and 70s did. It's there in Christianity. You just have to dig deep beneath the empirical institutions.

That said, I've found that my Catholic family and friends who have spent significant time with me have all accepted that I, like you, am tapped into something powerful and very positive. They have seen the miracles of God play out in my life. Their skepticism - sometimes vehement at first - has given way to an acknowledgment that I may very well be onto something profound. They have pointed out the hypocrisies in their own faith that advocate the same experiences of which you speak (though worded differently) yet condemn others for doing it.

The only ones with whom you will struggle over the long-term will be fundamentalists. As evidenced by this forum, they rely entirely on a book for their relationship with God. Any who deviate from that are "wrong" or "deceived" in their minds. There is no room for discussion or any sense of inquiry on their part as to the greater mysteries that you are experiencing. Like posted above, they believe "God wants all the glory" and that he is a "jealous God". Not much you can do with an image of God so burdened by human failings but wish them well. They need those parental structures for their stage of development. You're emerging into adulthood and a more complete understanding of God as pure love and unity.

Even though it's hard to avoid in middle America, in a city as cosmopolitan and educated as Chicago, you should be able to build a life in which you are free to pursue a relationship with God of your liking. I would say that if you continue on this path, you will eventually come to embody and demonstrate the very attributes your family admires in Christ. Then it will be difficult for them to just write you off. It will take time, though.

Last edited by Bluefly; 04-22-2009 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM

727 posts, read 1,747,176 times
What is Astral Projection?

I am Christian and recently found out about AP and am searching to see if this practice is against what I believe in. Until then I think I'm just going to meditate on GODS words and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity