Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He never said he'd save all mankind.
He never said he wouldn't. And speaking about context, i can pull a bible verse from any chapter in the bible and refute what you are saying. I can also show by scripture that anyone who believes that God sends folk to eternal hell have taken a leave of their senses and have used the very thing that points to Life and their good to that of spiritual blindness and a deprived mind. I know i was formerly a full paid up evangelical bible inerrantist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok .. so why is your dictionary usurps everybody else?

You say
leave scriptures alone ... Don't change them only because you don't agree with them.
yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" and people are forced to comply
Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" and clamors about word definitions like "aiona"
Mark 3:29
"but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" and along with the suffering of hell
Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off.
It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" getting into heaven (which is another term for heaven) and not having a child like faith:
Mark 10:15
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" and being to understand and see
Matthew 13:14 " In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.' "
yet who changes scriptures when Jesus uses the word "never" and "read in scriptures" and that Jesus will be the death of those who reject him ... and it's marvelous that the Lord did it?
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes’ ? "
and you do know that when Jesus is talking about "death" in this context he's speaking about the "second death" which is commonly understood in Christendom as the final place the damned are assigned to by Jesus.

Beats me. I "never" changed a single one of them. Actually. I accept "all" scripture as written in the King James version of the Bible. There are some Bible versions where certain words have been changed that I do not accept since I have an electronic copy of the 1611 King James and the same words in our new King James Bible are the same. Before you accuse me of changing any scripture, please be prepared to produce the post I posted wherein you claim I changed a scripture.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Hows about reading it in context?

I can pull a random quote from any book in the Bible and make it say what I want...but when I read it in the context in which it was written...well, now -- it may not mean what it seems to say on the surface.

So the question of "all" is a legitimate question. What did Paul mean when he wrote it? You need to look at the rest of the paragraph, the chapter, the letter, and the entirety of Paul's writings -- as well as the Bible.
I have.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:58 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What I find interesting is that when I broach the subject of God saving all mankind with other sincere believers is that some of them feel others don't deserve to be saved.

What do you find wrong with the above response?
Maybe they believe God is a respector of persons.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Beats me. I "never" changed a single one of them. Actually. I accept "all" scripture as written in the King James version of the Bible. There are some Bible versions where certain words have been changed that I do not accept since I have an electronic copy of the 1611 King James and the same words in our new King James Bible are the same. Before you accuse me of changing any scripture, please be prepared to produce the post I posted wherein you claim I changed a scripture.
Post # 12 ... you're changing "all" to mean "all inclusive" when other multiple verses (which must be taken into account) then declares otherwise ... even for for a twelve-years-old to comprehend.

Jesus usage of "never" (for example) rebukes the "all inclusive" human doctrines that counters the message to the truth.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
From the KJV

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 10:15
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Matthew 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive

Matthew 21:42
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same
is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

--------------------------------------

I hope you'll say that Matthew 13 and Mark 10 doesn't have the word "never" in it .... then I can redirect you back to:
Ok .. so why is your dictionary usurps everybody else?
but more than that if you want to be consistent then we can expect for you to reply only in 1611 english

Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Hows about reading it in context?
I can pull a random quote from any book in the Bible and make it say what I want...but when I read it in the context in which it was written...well, now -- it may not mean what it seems to say on the surface.
So the question of "all" is a legitimate question. What did Paul mean when he wrote it? You need to look at the rest of the paragraph, the chapter, the letter, and the entirety of Paul's writings -- as well as the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Quote:
Post # 12 ... you're changing "all" to mean "all inclusive" when other multiple verses (which must be taken into account) then declares otherwise ... even for for a twelve-years-old to comprehend.
Jesus usage of "never" (for example) rebukes the "all inclusive" human doctrines that counters the message to the truth.
Trying to parse the words so that "all" doesn't mean "all" just ignores the fact that a God who IS love would always mean ALL. No one of His children would be left out, ever. You cannot have the vaguest idea what love is if you do not understand that simple truth about agape love.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:

No I am not. You are apparently concluding ( An assumption on my part) that a sinner dies in his sins and is bound for the Lake of Fire. Where is this statement made? Who proclaimed the offer of salvation to be over once a sinner dies?

Look at the scripture: "Will have all men to be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth". Have YOU come into the knowledge of the truth yet? I haven't. No one else has either. That is why we argue and why there are so many denominations in the world.

As in Adam, all will die. The good, the bad, and the ugly. All die. As in Christ, all will be made alive. Who's to say an opportunity for salvation won't be available following the resurrection? You??? Many have died having never heard of the Christ or any part of the gospel.

The only time I see when the "truth" will be put forth is in Revelation when the angel flies out of Heaven proclaiming the gospel to the whole world.

Don't condemn your fellow man so quickly my Brother. Just because you think it is over, God may have a plan to use all of those elect He will bring forth from their graves to educate and try to save these resurrected sinners. I'm going to wait myself and let God say when His plan of salvation is over.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Trying to parse the words so that "all" doesn't mean "all" just ignores the fact that a God who IS love would always mean ALL. No one of His children would be left out, ever. You cannot have the vaguest idea what love is if you do not understand that simple truth about agape love.
It also denies the awesome power of God and belittles Him. I shudder to wonder what might have befell that woman caught in adultery that the Christ defended from those who would have stoned her to death, had some of these folk been present. These might have stoned both the woman and the Christ.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth

I believe God is no respecter of person but respects faith. I also believe that God desires all men to come by faith to the knowledge of the truth( not the bible truth but the truth of who God is and who man is). In my mind if God desires something it's as good as done. On top of that, if God wills something who or what can withstand it?, man's wrong perception of free will ?. God's is in his will and that will is relentless in bringing man to the understanding that he is not counting sin against him, so that he returns to him and lives in the peace that was always his(you are always with me, and everything I have is yours-Luke 15-31).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity