Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,629,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
1. Do you believe Jesus to be the Son of God? Yes

2. Do you believe the man Jesus to be divine from conception? Yes

3. Do you believe the Word was in the beginning? Yes

4. Do you believe the Word was with God in the beginning? Yes

5. Do you believe the Word is God? Yes

6. Do you believe that Jesus is the Word in the flesh? Yes

7. Do you believe the Word of God to be without error? Yes

8. Do you believe the Word of God to be God-breathed? Yes

9. Do you believe the Word of God to be the Sword of the Spirit? Yes

10. Do you believe Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons? Yes - Blessed Trinity

11. Do you believe Jesus died on the cross? Yes

12. Do you believe He rose from the dead 3 days later? Yes

13. Do you believe He walked the earth for 40 days after resurrection? Yes

14. Do you believe He still has wounds in His flesh? Yes

15. Do you believe He ascended into heaven? Yes

16. Do you believe He sent the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to earth? Yes

17. Do you believe He is sitting at the right hand of God now? Yes

18. Do you believe His shed blood on the cross was payment for our sins? Yes

19. Do you believe His conquering death paves the way for us to conquer death through Him? Yes

20. Do you believe we sin? Yes

21. Do you believe there is a consequence for sin? Yes

22. Do you believe in hell? Yes

23. Do you believe we must repent of our sins? Yes

24. Do you believe we must ask forgiveness of our sins? Yes

25. Do you believe we must be born again? Yes

26. Do you believe we must obtain Salvation through Jesus Christ according to the Gospel? Yes - Jesus Christ ONLY ... no other way ... no other name by which we can be saved ... Him alone!
Beautiful, mams!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 PM

852 posts, read 1,360,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Good question, sherry, and yes, you remember correctly--I am pre-trib. Oh, and yes of course the Word is infallible.

These are the saints that were killed because of their faith during the tribulation. It is important to know that the Church is never mentioned in any Biblical passage discussing tribulation. Notably, the Church in not mentioned in any passage in Revelation chapters 6-18 as these chapters deal with the tribulation. Chapters 19-22 deal with events after the tribulation where we, the church, can be found again.

I don't want to open a can of worms in case preterist views enter the discussion, but I'll be happy to take your response here. If we need to discuss further, let's open up a new thread or I'm happy to discuss privately.

For the sake of keeping this thread on topic, I will not be discussing this particular post further (this isn't for you sherry, but for those who may come to challenge my reply to you. Again we can take the discussion to another thread).
Thank you for answering...I was hesitant to ask...because of all the numerous views on this subject. I know we were mentioned again in Revelation after the tribulation. I failed to mention this in my post. I just meant during the tribulation. okay...will discuss later. Thanks for answering though! Have a great night!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM

p.s. sherry, I'm with you on the baptism. We should be baptized as instructed and I think it displays a public confession of faith--all saved by the blood of Jesus should be ecstatic about sharing this with fellow believers! But I'm on the fence about it being essential for salvation--I'm just glad I was. Actually, as a matter of fact, I feel like God is drawing me to be baptized again since my complete surrender to Him early March. I am a new creation now and want this to be a part of my sanctification. I've got a lot of praying to do.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,947 times
1. Do you believe Jesus to be the Son of God? Yes
Matthew 3:17
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2. Do you believe the man Jesus to be divine from conception? Yes
Matthew 1:23
"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us".

3. Do you believe the Word was in the beginning? Yes
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

4. Do you believe the Word was with God in the beginning? Yes
^^^ John 1:1

5. Do you believe the Word is God? Yes
Matthew 3:4
But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds for the mouth of God.

6. Do you believe that Jesus is the Word in the flesh? Yes
John 1:14
And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

7. Do you believe the Word of God to be without error? Yes
Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure.

Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

8. Do you believe the Word of God to be God-breathed? Yes

9. Do you believe the Word of God to be the Sword of the Spirit? Yes
Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation and sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

10. Do you believe Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons? Yes
1John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven; the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

11. Do you believe Jesus died on the cross? Yes
John19:17-18
And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha, where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center.

12. Do you believe He rose from the dead 3 days later? Yes
Matthew 16:21
From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised the third day.

13. Do you believe He walked the earth for 40 days after resurrection? Yes
14. Do you believe He still has wounds in His flesh? Yes
John 20:27
Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.

15. Do you believe He ascended into heaven? Yes
Acts 1:9-11
Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

16. Do you believe He sent the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to earth? Yes
John 14: 25-26
These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

17. Do you believe He is sitting at the right hand of God now? Yes
Heb.1:3
Who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

18. Do you believe His shed blood on the cross was payment for our sins? Yes
Romans 3:23-26
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, who God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

19. Do you believe His conquering death paves the way for us to conquer death through Him? Yes
1Corinthians 15:54b-55
"Death is swallowed up in victory. "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"

20. Do you believe we sin? Yes, we can, one should not!
Romans 6:12-14
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but grace.

21. Do you believe there is a consequence for sin? Yes
Romans 8:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

22. Do you believe in hell? Yes
Matthew 18:9
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, rather having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

23. Do you believe we must repent of our sins? Yes
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

24. Do you believe we must ask forgiveness of our sins? Yes
Matthew 6:12
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

25. Do you believe we must be born again? Yes
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

26. Do you believe we must obtain Salvation through Jesus Christ according to the Gospel? Yes
Rom. 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM

852 posts, read 1,360,447 times
Quote:
p.s. sherry, I'm with you on the baptism. We should be baptized as instructed and I think it displays a public confession of faith--all saved by the blood of Jesus should be ecstatic about sharing this with fellow believers! But I'm on the fence about it being essential for salvation--I'm just glad I was. Actually, as a matter of fact, I feel like God is drawing me to be baptized again since my complete surrender to Him early March. I am a new creation now and want this to be a part of my sanctification. I've got a lot of praying to do.
I know perfectly what you mean about being baptized again. But then I think...God forgives us for our sins...we repented...we asked forgiveness. I occassionally have the urge (I'm not sure that is the right word) to be baptized again as I was baptized when I was 16....much has occurred in the last 20 some years....some in which I'm not so proud. But I also have the feeling that I would feel so clean if I did it again now...if that makes sense...I, too, take it to God in prayer.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,627,883 times
Thumbs up Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!! !...

Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes !!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...
Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Ye s!!!...
Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...YES, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Woohoo, curly!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes !!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...
Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Ye s!!!...
Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...Yes!!!...YES, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I know perfectly what you mean about being baptized again. But then I think...God forgives us for our sins...we repented...we asked forgiveness. I occassionally have the urge (I'm not sure that is the right word) to be baptized again as I was baptized when I was 16....much has occurred in the last 20 some years....some in which I'm not so proud. But I also have the feeling that I would feel so clean if I did it again now...if that makes sense...I, too, take it to God in prayer.
Amen, sherry. I was baptized when I was 8 years old, and MUCH has changed since then! Clean is the perfect word to use and I feel the same way. I'll keep you posted!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM

305 posts, read 1,230,949 times
Quote:
1. Do you believe Jesus to be the Son of God?

2. Do you believe the man Jesus to be divine from conception?

3. Do you believe the Word was in the beginning?

4. Do you believe the Word was with God in the beginning?

5. Do you believe the Word is God?

6. Do you believe that Jesus is the Word in the flesh?

7. Do you believe the Word of God to be without error?

8. Do you believe the Word of God to be God-breathed?

9. Do you believe the Word of God to be the Sword of the Spirit?

10. Do you believe Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons?

11. Do you believe Jesus died on the cross?

12. Do you believe He rose from the dead 3 days later?

13. Do you believe He walked the earth for 40 days after resurrection?

14. Do you believe He still has wounds in His flesh?

15. Do you believe He ascended into heaven?

16. Do you believe He sent the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to earth?

17. Do you believe He is sitting at the right hand of God now?

18. Do you believe His shed blood on the cross was payment for our sins?

19. Do you believe His conquering death paves the way for us to conquer death through Him?

20. Do you believe we sin?

21. Do you believe there is a consequence for sin?

22. Do you believe in hell?

23. Do you believe we must repent of our sins?

24. Do you believe we must ask forgiveness of our sins?

25. Do you believe we must be born again?

26. Do you believe we must obtain Salvation through Jesus Christ according to the Gospel?

YES for # 1-26
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity