Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM

309 posts, read 512,072 times

Advertisements

I know my take on the topic as I do believe there was a Pre Adamite World. Not that there are a lot of scriptures to back it up or to discredit it. Just basically one of those topics that can be very debatable. As you will notice in Genesis the water was already on the earth as I believe the earth had already been flooded once by God and that was why the water was still on the earth. Just wandering what your alls take on the subject is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
I know my take on the topic as I do believe there was a Pre Adamite World. Not that there are a lot of scriptures to back it up or to discredit it. Just basically one of those topics that can be very debatable. As you will notice in Genesis the water was already on the earth as I believe the earth had already been flooded once by God and that was why the water was still on the earth. Just wandering what your alls take on the subject is.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Personally I take this as, there was nothing and then God created everything.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
i share deerdog's idea, but cannot be sure i do because he, knows his take on it.... as i know mine.

so both of us may be or have been waiting on someone else to provide the (optimum) inspiration to speak FROM it, not ABOUT it - a challenge given the limitations on expressing ourselves... appropriately and adequately.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM

309 posts, read 512,072 times
Genesis 1:2
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Where do you suppose the waters came from?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Where do you suppose the waters came from?
very good. it's a scientific thought much more taken for granted today than it could have been to the ancient ones (as i call them, no contradiction to bible, imho) who (seemingly?!) were at the beginning of an evolutionary process as the one we regard as our past (linear time).

i believe they must have had a synchronistic consciousness. which today is subject to scrutiny, as it may have got lost with efforts to prosper a new planet.

their accounts - like genesis - come from concentrated efforts to leave this thinking on record for an afterworld somehow not trustworthy enough to "behold" their wholistic knowledge.

sharing thoughts like these is difficult without the securing nimbus reknowned persons may have. imho.

theoretical physics today knows about different dimensions, but does not convey anything of their actual experience. translations?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Well if we take into account verse 1 then we know God created them. You do realize the waters are part of the earth dont you?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Personally I take this as, there was nothing and then God created everything.
+1

Just read it. The simplest conclusion is usually the right one.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Deerdog I am curious. What is the purpose of the ocean from a biblical sense? I have heard many say that in the new millenium there will be no oceans etc....

Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 AM

but water has been found on mars. we can only think the material world from "both ends" using all the knowledge available to us.
which makes fundamentalist interrogation somewhat a hindrance to the curiosity of free thinkers ....

denying, obscuring, objecting to what's in the back of one's mind may be a clever control mechnism but never an intelligent approach ...

when we talk about eternity and infinity of life and universe, why not listen to (archetypal) knowledge coming from those not tied down to the limitations of scripture and writing?

btw. as far as i know, scientists are not claiming to have found the origins of life, although they can start an artificial production line any time.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM

With all due respect we can have numerous theories based on the limited information in the Bible but we must be careful and make sure we acknowledge they are theories and not facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity